A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gotta love old cars...

...fried my ignition today

Soon-to-be uncle-inlaw was checking out the coronet at a family BBQ today and I asked if he wanted a ride.

"Sounds great"

Car wouldn't start, so I check for fuel...check.

Spark (I used the inductive timing gun)....no go.

Figure it's likely the ballast resistor...get the check light to see where the current is stopping...put the car in the on position. Before I even check the first point (ignition), I see the smoke...all over. Along the firewall wiring, under the dash to the ignition, etc.

*sigh*

I hate wiring. At least the car didn't burn down

If anyone knows anyone who does automotive wiring, I might just beg this off on them.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I feel your pain... happened to me about 5 years ago... not fun!
    All the wires were melted together, luckily it didn't spread any further than that.

Before:

After:
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    wow, that really sucks Chris!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah...looks like the ballast shorted. Wire's don't look to bad, should hopefully be up and going in the next week or two.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Sorry to hear of your roasted wires. It's no fun rewiring.