Thread: 98 LS1 Tune-Up

98 LS1 Tune-Up

So, I got my plugs and wires (Taylor 8mm, NGK TR-55), car hasn't had a tune-up since 98'.. its getting choppy, but would anyone recommend anything else I need? My coils are good, and my budget is very small! (*cough *cough, stimulus check) Thanks!
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

habitual line-stepper Mr. Brett's Avatar

Fuel filter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brett View Post
    Fuel filter
    Fuel pump took a crap recently, so had to change all that, including the fuel filter.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    eh i had the same wires b4 and went back to the stockers... if you dont have a K&N change the air filter.. check the trans fluid and the rear diff fluid..

Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0 View Post
    eh i had the same wires b4 and went back to the stockers... if you dont have a K&N change the air filter.. check the trans fluid and the rear diff fluid..
    Why back to the stockers? I do have an K&N/SLP Lid combo.. clean too. But the fluid checks will be a go, thanks.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    i had a problem with what i thought was a plug or wire issue and it turned out to be a 02 sensor but i was told by a couple people that the stockers were better than any aftermarket wire...
    that and when i took off the talor wires 2 of them broke.. cheap ass wires... and i was not just pulling on them from the top i took my time and grabed the wire from the base right were it go's on the plug....

my taylors took a crap too with 4 of them weperating over a year's time. the stockers work just fine from what I have been told as well.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    the only aftermarket wire I have had good luck with was JBA believe it or not

Quote Originally Posted by westybenddyno/forest View Post
    the only aftermarket wire I have had good luck with was JBA believe it or not
    Thanks, I'll look into those
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.