Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    so, I got my truck back today. It is dangerously fast. I already am making plans to build a tranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044 View Post
    If the thing makes any kind of proper power, don't expect any 4L6xE to last long!! Coming from a guy with a bit of Turbo 4WD 4L60 experience!

If you have the money for a 4L80, by all means DO IT!

x100000

just like the 700r4, they are only worth the current price of aluminium
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    his trans started slipping last night, and he also got pulled over........ One hour after I gave it back to him......

yea turbo chevys.................. my buddy has a twin turbo SS silvy. snapped the out put shaft last spring. Kilpatricks built a mean billet trans but i dont see it lasting long either. especially loosing traction with 4 wheels all the time.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Let's see some quantifiable numbers for these turbo trucks... They sound cool, but "fast" could be 11 seconds or it could be 14 seconds.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Let's see some quantifiable numbers for these turbo trucks... They sound cool, but "fast" could be 11 seconds or it could be 14 seconds.
    you will as soon as he gets a trans that holds the power, all i know is that on the test drive with him, it was doing 4wd burners at 30mph on 20s. Once he gets the trans done i can feed it on the dyno and get some real numbers for all to see.

it went 12.6 but a/f was wayyyyyyyyy rich(left the filters on and couldnt pull the cfm). it now has new turbos, better trans, and more cfm. he doesnt care to race just likes to cruise and romp on it time to time. its going to be forsale with in the next week or two. if i had the money i would love to have it. there are a few people on here that can vouch for the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    it went 12.6 but a/f was wayyyyyyyyy rich(left the filters on and couldnt pull the cfm). it now has new turbos, better trans, and more cfm. he doesnt care to race just likes to cruise and romp on it time to time. its going to be forsale with in the next week or two. if i had the money i would love to have it. there are a few people on here that can vouch for the truck.
    I can vouch that i beat it on a 125 shot.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

so, second gear is now non existent. I am having atd build me a 4l65e as soon as i get my stimulus check.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by bad cutt View Post
    so, second gear is now non existent. I am having atd build me a 4l65e as soon as i get my stimulus check.
    Good choice......

There prices are pretty reasonable. They did a 4l60 for a friend of mine last month for a very good price and has so far taken a good beating. I wouldnt skimp on anything though.. Putting all that power to the ground via 4wd is going to murder your transmission. Have them do it right and pay the bill.....

being done absolutely correctly. charlie is going to give me an 18 month parts and labor warranty to hold up to 450-500 rwhp, so it will definitely be done right.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by bad cutt View Post
    being done absolutely correctly. charlie is going to give me an 18 month parts and labor warranty to hold up to 450-500 rwhp, so it will definitely be done right.
    Hmmmmm......sounds like the same tranny I had built. I was offered no such warranty on anything but the converter.

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    Hmmmmm......sounds like the same tranny I had built. I was offered no such warranty on anything but the converter.
    not even close to the same trans you had built, this one costs a whole lot more......

cuttin' chips
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    i can vouch for being in the passenger seat
    91 Notch - where to begin

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    wana line up again

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by westybenddyno/forest View Post
    not even close to the same trans you had built, this one costs a whole lot more......
    For all you know it could be the same thing... You didnt put it together....

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    For all you know it could be the same thing... You didnt put it together....
    haha you got a good point.