Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Cuttin' trees like Paul Bunyan wheelsofsteel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    He cracked off a 7.90something, absolutely retarded on pump gas!
    My understanding is that the 7.99 pass was an "exhibition throw race gas in and crank it up" run.
    Otherwise why would he need to push the tree so hard and red light against an 8.50 car ?!?!
    Never the less the car is super nasty.

I heard the same..

Quote Originally Posted by wheelsofsteel View Post
    My understanding is that the 7.99 pass was an "exhibition throw race gas in and crank it up" run.
    Otherwise why would he need to push the tree so hard and red light against an 8.50 car ?!?!

I heard the same....also Jims T BIRD has more left in it even on the pump gas it was running at PGD....I'm sure with more time driving it and tuning it that BIRD will be even meaner !!!

Quote Originally Posted by wheelsofsteel View Post
    I think Jim should have put race gas in it and took some of Lees money
    -Eric

91 Mustang LX Coupe
    08 P71 Crown Vic

on behalf of the entire t-bird crew....thanks for the compliments and thanks for rooting for us.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

2008 PGD Champion
    I would like to personally thank all of you who have supported us in this. Ron from clocksoffracing, it would'nt have been possible without your skills! Cory Peters, who worked with me and sometimes without me until 3am, for believing in me seeing it to the end, we did it! Steve Morris Racing Engines for MORE than delivering on a promise. Metz Performance, Absolutely-The Metz Advantage!! Scaled the car and made subtle adjustments, Over-the-phone chassis changes that worked! Windsor Motorsports,Shane the Tigmaster!!! My Wife Melonie, my son Jimmy, thanks for letting an old man live a dream! Stan Bartol, who built the car originally and truly confirmed the meaning of Craftsmanship, You made it a hell of alot easier to make it a National Champion! Astro Tool and Die, Elmer and Nick who at the drop of a hat custom fabbed brackets, tabs, etc., thanks so much! I am sure in my old age I am forgetting people, please understand it took ALL of you to make it happen.
    Now to set the record straight and to get rid of all the BS...
    On the 8:31 @ 175 pass (best ET of the event) the car got stupid in the eyes, the 'chute did not make it happen, it made it straighten out. There was a 35 mph crosswind after I passed the grandstands and hit me in the drivers side of the car, I don't know if that cause it or not, it just got stupid. EVERY PASS AFTER THAT I PEDALLED THE CAR TO WIN. There was nothing wrong with the car, except a small oil leak by the external oil pump which caused it to smoke. I did'nt want to use the laundry...not sure at the time what got the car crooked. Listen close to the videos of the final runs, I got out of it after I was out on them, you can her the rpm's drop WAY before the time flashes up.
    Lee Saunders with the Viper and his whole crew including his father were great people. In a very friendly way and in no uncertain terms I told Lee that I was there gunnin' for him. I ASKED HIM for an exhibition run with me after he unfortunately red lit against Big Block Shawn in the T/A vs. Viper rerun (timers went haywire). After the final round and struggling with a LR slick going flat, only 8.5 volts left in the battery and a broken oil pressure 45* fitting ready to empty 10 quarts of oil under my tires, we decided that we should run in Orlando later this year to see who has the quickest and fastest pump gas car. His car went 7:99 at 182 with the 'Bird huntin' tune-up in the exhibition run. Great job Lee!!
    Here is some facts about OUR tune-up...
    8:31 @ 175 with only 24* total timing, a whopping 18lbs of boost @7000rpm, non adjustable rear shocks, single adjustable front struts and just killing timing to get it to hook in less than a week (1:41 60 foot-LAME). You guys do the math...
    Think there is some left in the Ol' Henry??!!!
    Don't mess with Brew city-
    We got your back!!!!!!!!
    Dr. Ford and
    clocksoffracing.com
    2008 PGD Champion

2008 PGD Champion
    Oh yeah, my brother from another mutha Charlie at Auto Trans Design- the trans God, Jason Nauman and Matt Flintrop, Flash and Andy Dermody, thanks guys!!!!And of course Randy Dolensek at RD's truck service, you know him as the Mod/SS green 1969 Cyclone wheelie monster and my Ford brother.
    Thanks
    2008 PGD Champion

Only thing left to do is show up stan's layton burnouts @ Amelia's car show with the extra Horse Power you have. haha

Congrats !!!

I have a feeling Steve Morris will turn some heads his way
    Last edited by awsomeears; 05-23-2008 at 01:08 AM.
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches