Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk E85

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    that doesnt look too much different than some of the snowmobile carbs ive seen apart.....with just reformulated garbage gas.
    Same deal your right. Thats only 10% ethanol in there doing that though! Imagine this shit being in there for a few months!
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

It only does this with nonferrous metals?

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    that doesnt look too much different than some of the snowmobile carbs ive seen apart.....with just reformulated garbage gas.
    yep. i had to put new pistons in my old sled and new carbs because of that crap.

i now fill up in dodge and other counties that dont use 10%

You guys should see what sunoco purple does to shit when it sits. I personally have seen two fuel cells (1 ATL and 1 Fuel Safe) break down over a winter and send jelly to the pumps.
    E-85 is a great alternative to race gas in a street car, it's just not a cost effective alternative to pump gas.
    I have run straight methanol in a aluminum cell with aluminum lines to a all aluminum motor and haven't seen the amount of corrosion in those couple pics. I wonder if you didn't have some other problem happening.

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Where are the nearest E85 stations? I've only seen one and that was in the Ghetto. I don't even remember where it was at but it was somewhere on the way to Cabela's.

Is anyone here using E85 in a non-flexfuel vehicle without a tune?
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Quote Originally Posted by wrathweb View Post
    Where are the nearest E85 stations? I've only seen one and that was in the Ghetto. I don't even remember where it was at but it was somewhere on the way to Cabela's.
    102 stations in Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by wrathweb View Post
    Is anyone here using E85 in a non-flexfuel vehicle without a tune?
    I have heard of a few people trying it. It's not a good idea.

are there any other things to change other than the tune?
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Not in my experience. I used all standard fuel system components. 42lbs motorsport injectors, 255lph walbor pump, stock FPR, etc.

Just make sure you fuel system is big enough. At 400RWHP though an auto, I was maxing out 42lbs injectors with it.

i wonder what the old vortech would need in the TBI for injectors
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

From what I understand flexfuel vehicles have two maps in them. Once the computer notices it needs a lot more fuel it looks to see if it can advance the timing too. If it can, it jumps to the E85 map.

When I was looking at part numbers there seems to be no difference between E85 and E10 vehicles except sometimes fuel pumps (higher volume I assumed), injectors (again, higher volume I assumed), and ECM/PCM.

While alcohol is definitely more abusive to just about everything, almost everything that was built in the last 15 years can already take ethanol. It doesn't really matter how much ethanol is there as long as it's there.

So, I'm not worried about E85 eating shit, I'm more worried about the ECM/PCM knowing what to do with it.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

i wonder what the old vortech would need in the TBI for injectors
    The biggest they make is 110lb/hr at 100%. That might be enough for a tired 350.