Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Turnbow and Gagne

How many times do we let these guys pitch before they are done? Turnblow cost us the game tonight, he has a sexy ERA at 9.5. Gagne gave up back to back HRs the other day too. I'm no die-hard Brewers fan but come on, this is just sad.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Meanwhile...

Francisco Cordero is 2 for 2 on save opps. (with 1 win) and has only given up 1 ER and 9 strikeouts in 8 innings.

the crew needs to get of gagne for sure. hes not worth the money. I think DT just needs to get his confidence back and he will be awesome.

While Gagne is a rollercoaster... he is among the NL leaders in saves.
    He should be at the top of course.

I think Turnbow is done, he was good until the all-star break his rookie year, because no one had ever seen him pitch before.
    Everyone has now figured him out, and he really doesn't have anything filthy to throw.

I'm still on the fence for Gagne.
    Maybe those big ass goggles are messing with his game. Are those prescription or wtf?
    Lasik surgery?

Why not try Riske for a few save opps to see if he can get it done?

I still say Cordero was worth every penny... should have thrown 50mil at him, who cares, there isn't shit available for closers.
    How many saves have we blown now? uh-huh.
    Last edited by wikked; 04-22-2008 at 10:20 AM.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Gagne is only among the leaders for saves because his team has backed him up when he needed them. He has a 8.2 ERA along with 4 HRs allowed in 9 games. He is 6 of 9 for save opportunities, and he is lucky he got a few of those (could easily be at 3-4 saves).

Gagne = $10 million bust (atleast so far, unless he catches on fire which I don't see happening)

Senior Member..now yer posting! Jsho13's Avatar
    Before his season with the Brewers Gagne had only blown 11 saves total . . . . in his career. This season he has blown three. When he hot he's hot, and when hes not . . . well we all know what happens then. As for Turnbow, hes garbage. Had one good season and made it to the all-star game. Last season everyone figured it out, he throws a fastball almost every pitch and batters go up there looking for a fastball. He doesn't have command with his curve so he backs it up with a heater right down the middle of the plate.
    15' Sierra Denali 2500
    12' Yukon Denali XL
    12' Sierra Denali 2500 (Sold)
    07.5' Sierra Denali (Sold)
    04' Yukon Denali (Sold)

wasn't Gagne a setup man last year, and a bad one at that? (thus making this his second year since a good one, just like turnblow)

Yeah Gagne didn't fair so well last season
    15' Sierra Denali 2500
    12' Yukon Denali XL
    04' Yukon Denali (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by VroomPshhTsi View Post
    Gagne is only among the leaders for saves because his team has backed him up when he needed them.

There is no "backing up" by the batters once the save man is in... that's it, done, last chance.
    If he doesn't save it in the 9th, he doesn't get another chance to save it in the 10th :P

He's among the leaders for saves, because he got the job done more often than not, so far.

He's still averaging a save every 2 of 3 chances.

Am I still nervous when he comes into a game? Hell yes.
    Even he looks nervous, like he has no confidence in himself.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '93 Toyota Camry

I mean that he will have a 1-2 run lead going into the 9th, then blow it, then we win it in extras

Quote Originally Posted by Jsho13 View Post
    Yeah Gagne didn't fair so well last season
    As a set up man after the all star break in Boston, no. As a closer with Texas before the all star break he was actually pretty damned good.

Yeah thats true. I was thinking about his time with Boston. He still has good stuff. Turnbow should be gone.
    15' Sierra Denali 2500
    12' Yukon Denali XL
    04' Yukon Denali (Sold)

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Yost needs to #1 never use Gagne when it's wet out. The guy has blown 2 saves while wet, and spends all his time worrying about footing, that nobody else has a problem with.

Turnbow I have to turn off the game when he comes in. I couldn't stand the guy last year, and he's worse this year. Hitters have it easy against him. Either keep the bat on your shoulder and he'll miss the plate by a mile, or he grooves fast balls right down the middle. You don't even have to guess.

Brewers offense is just going to have to start getting their heads out of their butts and score enough runs that they don't need to worry about their closers giving up 2-3 runs an outing.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

both suck ass!!!! was at the game today and enjoyed watching gagme blow the save!!!
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    This sh!t has gotten out of control. Fire em all!

Im sorry but Gagne didnt blow this save today, the game was over but the double play didnt happen.... I'm starting to get bored with him though.

Quote Originally Posted by crusin240hatch View Post
    both suck ass!!!! was at the game today and enjoyed watching gagme blow the save!!!
    Were you the tard wearing the Cubs jersey I saw on TV? Seriously, why (as a Cubs fan) would you go to a Brewers vs. Cardinals game? How lame can you be? If your team isn't playing, stay home!

It would've been over after 9 innings if Gagne didn't let the first two batters get on base. He has yet to do a 3 up 3 down save. Turnbow has allowed every lead off hitter to reach base, Gagne isn't much better.

Quote Originally Posted by VroomPshhTsi View Post
    Were you the tard wearing the Cubs jersey I saw on TV? Seriously, why (as a Cubs fan) would you go to a Brewers vs. Cardinals game? How lame can you be? If your team isn't playing, stay home!
    As a baseball fan in general, why not?
    If I lived in New York, I'd still go see the Yankees play.

Besides, he's putting arbitration money into our bank :]
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '93 Toyota Camry

pimpin ls1's since 2003 badvenom's Avatar
    on the real side of town far away from the south side
    Gagne
    is a bum