Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar

looking

ok so im possibly looking for a new bike and either selling mine or parting it out. Not sure yet. but anyhoo, I still consider myself a beginner. I have a KZ 550 right now. I think I want to get a rocket for now. What are my options? I don't know much about rockets and what is decent and what isn't. Something that would be a decent price too. Im not going to be racing it or anything so I dont need anything like that. I just want a basic bike that doesn't look like its from 1992. Ill probably have to get something from a dealer because I can't afford to fork out $5000 all at once
    1968 Camaro 383

from my very basic knowledge, in your range is either a Sport Bike, or a Crotch Rocket. i would think a sport bike is what you'd want, they're usually less powerful, still look very sporty, but don't have you hunkered down so hard in the seat. something like a 90s Katana or Ninja would work fine, and still be plenty of fun to ride
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

96-98 Honda CBR 600 F3. Has been claimed by many as probably the most well rounded bike of its time, and highly sought after even these days.

I know a buddy selling one (97) with high mileage (31k) for around 3000. The F3's keep their value very well, so most of them you see are anywhere from 3k-4k. They are also bulletproof...2 friends of mine have 97 F3's, the above with 31k and the other with 54k and still runs like a champ.

Perfect blend of power and cornering. The 97-98's look a little bit nicer because of the rounded tail. I had a 96 and loved it.

If you're interested, I could set you up with my buddy's phone # . I know it has been VERY well maintained as he is anal with all of his toys. 4EYED could also vouch for this bike as it was one of his relatives bikes before (I think his brother?)
    -Tyler

SNATCH A KISS ORVICEVERSA Junky Giorgio's Avatar
    I'm going to be selling my F2, but it is a full race bike with F3 race body work for $2000. It put down 89whp on the dyno and comes with a box of plenty of extra parts and take off's (tires) from my CCS race weekends.
    If interested, heres a pic when I was at Heartland Park Topeka, Kansas:

I also have a full factory harness for it that is complete with all the lighting wiring to convert the bike back to "street". Even though I still would ride it on the street here and there...when it was daylight at least!

TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675 TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by murdoc158 View Post
    Thanks to YellowWagon for the pics and JunkGSX for the ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamZ
    Junk maybe gone, but Tony is Junky Giorgio forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by domokun View Post
    junk, your junking my thread.

Both nice bikes. Thanks guys!! If anything I might want to wait a couple months till my next raise. Either way Ill have to take out a loan and all that bullshit. But Ill let ya know.
    1968 Camaro 383

So would you be selling the 550? How much?
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Dunno yet. It has electrical problems and the carbs need to by synced I think.
    1968 Camaro 383

Go grab the bike I just traded in 06 sv650

http://roadtrackandtrail.com/new_veh...533&pov=822347

it has been VERY well maintained and is in excellent shape. Great handling and power enough to keep you very entertained. and fyi I paid 200 less than what they want right now a year ago and that was 6000 miles ago as well. Insurance and the bike was less than 150 a month. I had it since 300ish miles and nothing is rigged or half assed on it. And they would probably take your bike in trade...even not running
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

thanks! I might go take a look at that.
    1968 Camaro 383

hey wicked, I emailed that place for a quote to see if they would give me anything for my bike and yours is already sold lol. They have a yellow one though haha.
    1968 Camaro 383

SNATCH A KISS ORVICEVERSA Junky Giorgio's Avatar
    I wouldn't buy so much as a cup of coffee from road junk and trail. Not saying
    that all their bikes are crap, but majority of their inventory is from the auction and/or theft recovery's and bikes that have been dumped.
    TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675 TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by murdoc158 View Post
    Thanks to YellowWagon for the pics and JunkGSX for the ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamZ
    Junk maybe gone, but Tony is Junky Giorgio forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by domokun View Post
    junk, your junking my thread.

depends on your size and fit on a bike go around and sit on a few see what feels good to you. i tried my buddies 03 cbr 600 rr didn't seem to fit me tried a different one fit me a little better got around to my 01 gsxr and it more or less fit like a glove. i'm a bigger guy so the gsxr was snug there bigger built i'm a suzuki rider for now until i find something else that fits
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Junky Giorgio View Post
    I wouldn't buy so much as a cup of coffee from road junk and trail. Not saying
    that all their bikes are crap, but majority of their inventory is from the auction and/or theft recovery's and bikes that have been dumped.
    They do have a lot of dumped bikes...and some salvage titles. But salvage titles really don't mean shit as that doesn't mean the bike has been totaled. My F3 had a salvage title because the front fairing got cracked and a mirror got knocked off when it was dumped (titled in Minnesota).

Most salvage bikes are just fine and can be had for cheap, but that's not saying RT&T doesn't bend you over for a salvage bike.
    -Tyler

Breecher_7
    I have a 2003 Gsxr 1000 Engine, Frame and swingarm I no longer need.....

With some good Ebay skills it would be a hell of a bike at a good price....

cant i just fit that motor in my 600 frame? lol

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    cant i just fit that motor in my 600 frame? lol
    Yes you can.

lets do it lol then i can have my 1000 without a new bike

Gas costs more than drugs..... team beater's Avatar
    i would consider selling my f2 if interested, SUPER CLEAN
    I spend to much money on auto storage!

pics? price?
    1968 Camaro 383

Gas costs more than drugs..... team beater's Avatar
    I will take some pics later tonight and post them up.
    I spend to much money on auto storage!