Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Classic car insurance?

Who do you guys use? Looking at different options for the coronet...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Hagerty...set your own agreed value. Reasonable rates. They have towing/roadside options etc as well.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    mind if I ask what your premium is?
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

We've got Hagerty on the GS, I think its about $300 a year (Mandy pays it .) We've repaired 2 cars with Hagerty Ins, they were quick to get the claims going and easy to work with.
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    I heard hagarty was pretty good. I thought you could also get an appraisal for a stated value policy through a big name company, but I don't know how the premium's compared.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GRNDNL View Post
    We've got Hagerty on the GS, I think its about $300 a year (Mandy pays it .) We've repaired 2 cars with Hagerty Ins, they were quick to get the claims going and easy to work with.

that should happen when you OWN the body shop

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    that should happen when you OWN the body shop

Both customers cars, both faxed a copy of the estimate and e-mailed pictures, had the Ok to repair in a hour or so......
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk

Hagerty $300/year

Of course your rate will differ depending on the value your insuring for

Quote Originally Posted by SSDude View Post
    Hagerty $300/year

Of course your rate will differ depending on the value your insuring for
    Thats true.......shouldn't cost more than $3.50 a year to insure some old mopar.....
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk

Hagerty times 2 as of today. Both cars combined cost ~$200/yr. annual premium.

Plus called in to Customer Service to get my password reset for my online policy management and a person answered on the first ring and they spoke English. Getting one of those to happen these days is rare.... 2 for 2... gotta love it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GRNDNL View Post
    Thats true.......shouldn't cost more than $3.50 a year to insure some old mopar.....
    Well, the appraised value was 57,000 dollars...glad it's just a 318
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    But that's in US dollars, which in Canadian is $3.50. lol
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Well, the appraised value was 57,000 dollars...glad it's just a 318
    Thanks now i've got to clean off my key board

Blog Entries
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Make sure you read between the lines, a friend had Hagerty and got into an accident driving his car to work. They wouldn't cover it
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Make sure you read between the lines, a friend had Hagerty and got into an accident driving his car to work. They wouldn't cover it
    Nothing between the lines, their right up front about that.

^ So thats normal that people never drive their nice cars to work? When its nice out, I wanna drive the car I dumped tons of cash into. Maybe thats just me. I've never read their policy's, but thats strange to say the least imo.

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    That's normal. If you're driving it to work then it's being considered no different then a daily driven vehicle. Then you would be needing a different type of policy. Haggerty is mostly for the people who do very limted mileage and use their cars not as their main transportation.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I'm not talking main transportation, I'm talking driving the car to work once a month. I guess they limit it to no driving it at all unless your taking it to a car show or something similar, thats kinda weak. Is it really that much cheaper then regular insurance?

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    They REALLY restrict where you can drive the car honestly. You aren't supposed to use to it run errands, leave it unattended, drive it to work etc...all of which would violate the rules of their policy. I would imagine that even taking the car to Culvers/Gilles on a random night and going in for food would be considered an "errand" and could violate the terms of the policy since its not declared a "car show." In the event something happened to it in the parking lot...IE somebody stole it, it started on fire etc...you might have issues with them
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed