Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Supreme Court finally makes it official...

...the 2nd amendment preserves an individual's right to keep and bear arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rueters.com
    The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Thursday, for the first time in the nation's history, that individual Americans have the right to own guns for personal use, and struck down a strict gun control law in the nation's capital.

The landmark 5-4 ruling marked the first time in nearly 70 years that the high court has addressed whether the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects an individual right to keep and bear arms, rather than a right tied to service in a state militia.
    Can't even believe it was a 5-4 decision. Can't wait to read the opinions when they become available.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...rpc=22&sp=true
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! The anti-gun left must be madder than hell. I'm sure we'll be seeing tons of coverage on MSNBC and CNN of people wailing in anguish over the fear of how we're all going to shoot each other and oh how the children will suffer and die and blah blah blah ba fricken blah.

Well, I'm sure it went straight down party lines with Justice Kennedy siding with the "conservative" side. He kinda flip-flops though so it could have gone either way. This is probably the most "balanced" supreme court you could have. You have 4 conservatives, 4 liberals, and one guy (Kennedy) who bounces back and forth. Thank God this was decided now and not later after Obama nominates a bunch more libbies to the high bench.
    Last edited by ND4SPD; 06-26-2008 at 09:51 AM.

Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar
    It's good to see. I hope there is a CCW law passed in WI soon. I've had a CCW permit for quite some time down here in SC and hope to be an insturctor in the next year or so. I'm a big supporter of CC, firearm ownership and shooting sports in general. As already said, the Heller case could have gone either way. If you can find the recordings from the case, they are very interesting to listen to. I posted a link here to stream it live when it was going on, but I don't think it's an active link anymore. Not very much talk about gun violence/crime, but a lot of talk over semantics.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Not until Diamond Jim Doyle is out of office.

Stupid Doyle.....
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Senior Member..now yer posting! Bart H's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    Stupid Doyle.....
    Yup that about sums it up.

Its "Bingo" Doyle.

Isn't it sad that 4 justices who are sworn into office with the oath to protect and uphold the constitution voted to destroy (part of) it?

Well those would be the 4 justices that believe that the constitution is a "living" document and the interpretation must be continually updated. They believe that the constitution should be easy to change. That is what laws are for... the constitution SHOULD be VERY difficult to change. That's the whole point.

From what I understand now Doyle has no say. We have the right to have and carry firearms. I guess unless you are insane or a criminal.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Breecher_7
    As ive stated before there is techinically no law that stops you from carrying a firearm as long as it is visible in the state of wisconsin. I carry in the open all the time and have never even been asked for my FCCP.

A statewide CC would be great though...

Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    As ive stated before there is techinically no law that stops you from carrying a firearm as long as it is visible in the state of wisconsin. I carry in the open all the time and have never even been asked for my FCCP.

I have carried open before, but don't do it very often. Not that I have a problem with it, I just feel apprehensive that someone might try to grab it from me. I may be paranoid about this, but I feel that if someone see's me with a pistol, they think I have it for a specific reason ie: I'm carying a large sum of cash or something they may want to try (they wouldn't get very far) to get it from me. That's just a bad situation to be in. For that reason, I prefer CC. Hope that makes sence.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderPSI View Post
    From what I understand now Doyle has no say. We have the right to have and carry firearms. I guess unless you are insane or a criminal.
    Truly, he doesn't. There are law's against it, and the cops can bust you on it, but a conviction would never stand.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I was arguing with a guy at work about the carrying a weapon in the open, does anyone know where I can find legal information regarding this? I thought you could do it, he said you can not.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

The only thing they can charge you with is disturbing the peace. There is no "law" against open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by WI state staute
    941.23 Carrying concealed weapon . Any person except a peace officer who goes armed with a concealed and dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. Notwithstanding s. 939.22 (22), for purposes of this section, peace officer does not include a commission warden who is not a state-certified commission warden.
    Law just says you can't carry concealed, they don't have to say you can carry open.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post

can i ask when you "carry in the open". not trying to be a smartass, but the mental picture i am getting is some guy walking down a busy street with a pistol strapped to his waist giving everyone the "dirty harry" evil eye, LOL!!

aren;t there city ordinances though??

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    can i ask when you "carry in the open". not trying to be a smartass, but the mental picture i am getting is some guy walking down a busy street with a pistol strapped to his waist giving everyone the "dirty harry" evil eye, LOL!!

aren;t there city ordinances though??
    That's what open carry is pretty much, without the "evil eye" part It's funny, during gun deer season I carry a Ruger Vaquero (single action revolver, like a Colt SAA) everywhere I go (this is in Ladysmith mind you), no-one ever says a word.

About Time. now i want CCW, but I have no problem putting my drop holster from active duty back on with a M9 in it. if people dont like it.

Chris

I wonder why we don't see people open carrying at all. I think tomorrow, I am going to go for a walk with one of my pistols in a shoulder holster and see if I get hasseled. I BET I DO! lol
    2011 Chevy Malibu