Thread: Tom Crean!?!

Tom Crean!?!

What a fool, why on earth would he leave Marquette! I realize he probably thinks he has a better chance at a national title at the big school, but still! I love how he can opt out of a contract that last till 2017 without a slap on the wrist, but if I want out of a contract I get raped. The best part is that rumors have my schools coach, Bruce Webber, as the replacement. After the year we had this year, that's quite a shock, but it is true he is a UWM-Milwaukee alum.

You get raped?? For real? That WOULD suck! lol
    2011 Chevy Malibu

Quote Originally Posted by moels View Post
    You get raped?? For real? That WOULD suck! lol
    you know what I mean

give me one reason why he WOULDNT take that job. increase in pay for one. bigger spotlight for two. he has taken Marquette as far as they'll EVER go in the Big East, not enough recruiting power/money to draw the PREMIUM recruits G-Town, Louisville etc bring in. he's also going to a MAJOR program, in the Big 10, and is in the spotlight. its the same damn thing as Pearl leaving UWM. both great coaches, taking over bigtime programs. do i wish he'd stay? yes. do i hate him for leaving? god no.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

It just seems like loyalty is sports these days in non-existent. Why sign a huge contract then? Why not go year to year? You know what I mean? It's just frustrating to see these athletes and coaches get away with murder like this screwing schools over that do anything to support these people.

its a job man. nothing more. i totally agree about loyalty, but its a job
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by theavenger333 View Post
    its a job man. nothing more. i totally agree about loyalty, but its a job
    sucks to see him go but I got to agree with this /\ /\

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I'll never fault someone for leaving for more money and a better opportunity.

I think people in this state take stuff like this too personally. If anyone thinks Marquette is a better job then IU they're nuts. People make it sound like Marquette is some big powerhouse program. They haven't won an NCAA title in what 30 years? The campus sucks. The have a gay ass name, Golden Eagles. It's a 2nd tier school with much better academics then athletics.

If you win at Marquette you can own Milwaukee maybe but will always be 2nd to the Badgers in this state. If you win at IU you own the state.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.