Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar

4.6 3v short block 05 mustang

as stated short block completely assembled. the motor came out of my 2005 roush. it only has 13000 miles on it. it needs a good home im sick of looking at it. it was oiled and bagged and stored in a heated garage.
    i would like $800.00 plus shipping. if you are within a reasonable distance i will either deliver it or meet you. I DON'T SELL JUNK ask anyone one here that knows me.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

god this is so tempting..............
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

this block is compatible for any 4.6L based mustang its a fully runable stock rotating assy.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Damn....thats a sweet deal.

Post whore
    Whats the difference from this block and my block? I understand your heads are different from mine but I suppose the block would be the same.. Maybe your is iron and mine is aluminum?

I know its not forged but if the specs are the exact same maybe, just maybe, I could pick it up, forge it and have it ready for when my chit lets go..

its aluminum and all ready for forging it

Post whore
    Hmmmmmmm... I'ma gonna call Marv in the morning to firm this up.. I believe you but just wanna firm it up in my mind.. I'm also gonna talk to the wife after our KING CRAB DINNER tonight.. Lit and i have talked about me getting another block to forge over time seeing I don't have all the money just sitting around.. To be able to order the rods one day, pistons another and get it put together a few weeks later would work out pretty good..

I will keep you posted..

it is at marv's shop so if you have any questions let me know. he is the one that confirmed for me that it would be compatible with all 4.6 based mustangs

Looking for Fozy parts Want_Notch's Avatar
    2V and 3V blocks are the same. The pistons, front covers are different.
    2001 Subaru Forester

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Want_Notch View Post
    2V and 3V blocks are the same. The pistons, front covers are different.
    And I think there are even more differences for the 4V.. I've been asking around and all the feedback I got is it won't work.. At least w/o modifications.. And I have a 8 bolt crank and I think the 3V have a 6 bolt.. So that new aluminum flywheel I got won't fit..

Sorry Coop but I'ma thinkin theres no way this will bolt up w/o moding stuff.. And thats what I was really hoping for.. If my block ever crapped out it would be great to just toss this one it but if I have to mod it then I'm better off just working w/ my block at that point..

the cranks is the only diff. the 8 bolt crank in your car would go into the 3v just fine, i was originally going to put the cobra crank and forged internals in my factory block. asking around and asking someone that knows and has done it (marv) are two diff. things i woulod suggest you call marv and ask him. your timing cover would be used off your motor,your heads off your motor. if you used my motor to forge it all your would need is forged rods,pistions and bearings and you could use your crankshaft which is the biggest dollar item in the whole build. and when you blow yours up and its stuffs a hole in the block it wont be usable then either and most likely the crank may be junk to,but hey what do i know lol

twig, I saw you on 76th today next to Bradley...car looked very nice and sounded mean.

^ useless post in good thread please give Yoo demerit points

Bump for a hella deal!!

Post whore
    I went up and spoke to Marv about this.. Just not worth all the changes I'd have to make..
    Last edited by Mr Twigbert; 05-17-2008 at 11:26 AM.

the block alone is usable without internals and its worth more than 800.00 the block itself is usable for any app. if your building a forged set up in a stang its perfect for that, plus the 3v block is stronger thatn even the teksid blocks

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    I got a customer that may want this VERY soon, Ill call him ASAP. besides, if you go forged most forged cranks are an 8 bolt FW pattern anyways which means if you have a 3v motor you need a cobra FW haha, the block will bolt into anything like Coop said. Especially if your gonna put guts in it anyways..... Coop, I think i will be talking to you tonight or tomorrow, Hold it for 3 hrs for me?

Ok, I just talked to him and i will know by tomorrow morning, let me know if that will work for you, Im pretty sure hes going for it though.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by westybenddyno/forest View Post
    Ok, I just talked to him and i will know by tomorrow morning, let me know if that will work for you, Im pretty sure hes going for it though.
    whom would this be? That kid scatter his engine already?

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    whom would this be? That kid scatter his engine already?
    Nope, but hes got $$$$$ burning a hole in his pocket....