Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by torque.hit View Post
    because it can't really brake the tires loose while sitting still.
    That would be magical!! I'm sure some clown somewhere has claimed to have had an uncle or brother who could do that with his Eclipse with extra rice or whatever style AWD car!

Quote Originally Posted by 25thannivZ28 View Post
    Thats a pretty nice demonstration of what I should be seeing then, huh? I couldn't get the best feel for the vid, I don't have sound at my work computer, i'll check it out when I get home. Clearly the tires weren't movin til the speedometer left "0". When its dry out, i'll take my car out again, just to see if I can get it to "Flash" up that high. So your converter is considered to be "Tight"? How is it when you drive on the street? Thanks for sharing your vid!!
    Yeah the sound really helps to get a feel for it.

This converter is considered tight for an aftermarket "high stall converter". It drives very nice on the street!! That's the main reason I went with the Yank custom "PY3400E" model, the nice driveability. I drive my truck 99% on the street so I tried to get a balance between driveability and just enough stall to get the truck screaming off the line at the track. The higher the stall, the more top end you trade off and the "sloppier" the shifts get.

I agree with these guys that if your rear brakes are weak it could make your converter stall at an artificially low RPM. What about when you go up a steep hill? Does this converter act different than your old one? A steep hill is a great test to compare converter looseness.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Well, I took it out last night. I found a steep hill out in the sticks of Mukwonago & got it going nicely up the hill and the tach managed to come slip upwards of 3000ish while not feeling as if I was getting on it. When I was on a straight-a-way going 40 in "Drive" I punched it & it "Flashed" up to 3200 & took off. I guess this is all legitimate. What gave me the first impression of my concern was when I was breakin the tires loose at 2100 w/the brakes on. But I now know that the problem there resides in the resistance it takes the car stop the tires is too weak. I appreciate all of everyone's info in trying to figure this out! See ya round. btw, thats still a kickass vid, i heard it on my comp last night. 0-60 in what, 4 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by 25thannivZ28 View Post
    Well, I took it out last night. I found a steep hill out in the sticks of Mukwonago & got it going nicely up the hill and the tach managed to come slip upwards of 3000ish while not feeling as if I was getting on it. When I was on a straight-a-way going 40 in "Drive" I punched it & it "Flashed" up to 3200 & took off. I guess this is all legitimate. What gave me the first impression of my concern was when I was breakin the tires loose at 2100 w/the brakes on. But I now know that the problem there resides in the resistance it takes the car stop the tires is too weak. I appreciate all of everyone's info in trying to figure this out! See ya round. btw, thats still a kickass vid, i heard it on my comp last night. 0-60 in what, 4 seconds?
    Seems like its just a pretty tight converter is all. Relief? haha
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    glad u got the right stuff, see you sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by westybenddyno/forest View Post
    glad u got the right stuff, see you sunday?
    I'm still waiting for an email from Brian. I will give him a call around lunch today to see what he's thinkin. I will let you know either way by tonight. Thanks for double checkin!