Senior Member..now yer posting! JR HAWK 9's Avatar

Very --cheap-- Desktop Computers---->$50-$60

First off I would like to say that I am trying to do my part in rescuing -completely- good computers to get them back into the community to give those people not wanting to spend hundreds of dollars a chance to own a computer. I am not making much on these systems when considering the cost to purchase them, the time I have spent on them and the cost of the upgrades I have done to them. I have two different systems available, both of which are summarized below. One sells for $50 and the other for $60.

Both are used Compaq DeskPro EN desktop computer systems (see details below). This is Compaq's business line of computer systems and not the cheaper consumer line (Presario). Either would make an EXCELLENT system to browse the Internet with, check email and to perform all other general everyday computing needs. They could also make for a great system for your child(ren). Windows XP Pro SP2 along with the added software were all just re-installed and updated accordingly. This means you will not be getting somebody else's problems, data, error messages or corrupt operating system. These are -not- just used computers out of somebody's house - they have been completely gone over and restored by me to ensure they are operating in good condition and they are faster now than they ever were new. I also opened up the cases and blew out all the dust so they run as cool as the day they were built. Everything is in 100% working order and ready to be used immediately. They also have a speaker built in to the front of the case so you don't -have- to have external speakers if you don't want to, even though there is a provision for them on the back of the PC.

They are both broadband ready (DSL/cable) as they have an ethernet card. If you are on dial-up I can also install a dial up modem free of charge. The PC can also be placed on it's side (like a tower), if you prefer, and doesn't have to be positioned like a desktop as shown.

Email me if you are interested, want to come see it or have any questions. I have more than one of both of these systems, so if this ad is still posted I have at least one available.

Keyboard/mouse/monitor available if needed as well. If you do need a monitor, just add $10 for a 17" or 19" monitor, while supplies last. Email me for more info.

Paul

In addition to XP Pro, here's what else that's installed on both systems:
    - Internet Explorer 7.0
    - Windows Media Player 11.0
    - AVG Free Anti-virus

Here are the details of the $60 system:
    - Intel Pentium III 866MHz
    - 256megs of RAM
    - 10GB Hard Drive (well OVER 3/4 EMPTY)
    - nVidia Riva TnT2 AGP Video Card (not on-board video!!!)
    - Intel Integrated Audio
    - CDROM
    - floppy drive
    - 2 USB (rear)
    - Both Integrated Fast Ethernet adaptor (on-board) and a Intel Pro Ethernet Card
    - LPT (printer) port
    - 2 Serial ports
    - Power Cord

Here are some decent quality pictures of the $60 system, including a screen capture which shows it in use:

Here are the details of the $50 system:
    - Intel Pentium III 700MHz
    - 256megs of RAM
    - 10GB Hard Drive (well OVER 3/4 EMPTY)
    - ATI 3D Rage Pro AGP Video Card (not on-board video!!!)
    - Integrated Audio with built in speaker in front of case
    - CDROM
    - floppy drive
    - 2 USB (rear)
    - 3COM Etherlink XL Fast Ethernet adaptor
    - LPT (printer) port
    - 2 Serial ports
    - Power Cord

Here are some decent quality pictures of the $50 system, including a screen capture which shows it in use:

Last edited by JR HAWK 9; 03-28-2008 at 03:43 PM.

habitual line-stepper Mr. Brett's Avatar

Are you ever in the Milwaukee area? I'll take this off your hands if we can arrange to meet up.

I don't get to Milwaukee too much anymore I still have a few left and then I will be moving on to my stash of PIII 700's with identical specs (other than the CPU).
    Last edited by JR HAWK 9; 03-27-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Yoosof may be picking one up as well....so you may want to contact him to see if he's willing to drag one back with him for ya.

updated.....