Thread: Hookup on TVs?

Hookup on TVs?

I know this has been discussed many times and I searched the forums to find them but I didn't find shit. So anywho, Im looking into buying a nice 42" LCD/Plasma for playing video games on.

I currently have a 32" Toshiba LCD but sadly Iam never satisfied and now I find myself looking to go bigger, again.

So who here works for BB,American or anyhwere else that would be willing to help me out with a killer deal. Also when I end up pulling the trigger on this I will be selling the one I currently have as well.

Thank you for your time!

i don;t have a hookup on tvs, but if i were getting a tv for video games i would go LCD over plasma.

good luck in your search, i will be doing the same in a couple months when the rec room is done!

I've heard that the advances in plasma are ok to play games on now. The older ones I know the screens could burn in the images but I gues they have corrected that issue as of late from what I have been reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix2Kta View Post
    I've heard that the advances in plasma are ok to play games on now. The older ones I know the screens could burn in the images but I gues they have corrected that issue as of late from what I have been reading.
    hmmm, that is good to know i just remember my buddy plunking some serious cash on a plasma a few years back for a video game tv and it took a crap. can;t say for sure that it was the gaming system that did it, but that always sticks in my mind.

i would imagine, like everything else, they have come a long way in the last couple years!

IMO LCD is the way to go... I like 'em cause they have a super crisp picture...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Even Crutchfield is now saying the chances for burn-in is low with Plasma's now. All the major mfgs have protection. My dad watches the stock market all day long and hasn't had any issues with the ticket burning in.

On a related note I see Pioneer is getting out of the Plasma mfg business. Looks like they'll be using Panasonics plasma screens starting next year.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Even Crutchfield is now saying the chances for burn-in is low with Plasma's now. All the major mfgs have protection. My dad watches the stock market all day long and hasn't had any issues with the ticket burning in.

On a related note I see Pioneer is getting out of the Plasma mfg business. Looks like they'll be using Panasonics plasma screens starting next year.
    Sony don't have any Plasma TVs in their line-up anymore... Only LCDs... (from what I've seen)
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

I have a dlp. I love it. Its deaper tho, about 16" for my 56 incher.

LCD is best choice for room with alot of windows..
    LCD's have a very matte finish, no glare...
    I've been shopping for my living room and glare is a big concern for me
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

i recently got a 57" dlp from american.....works awesome for video games.....anything for that matter.....can't wait for my satelite to get installed next weekend......hd here i come....lol
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

HD is also available in public broadcast in case you didnt know. (seriously alot of people dont seem to know this)
    Those Time Warner commercials crack me up... their selling shit you already get for free.
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Depends on how close you are to the antenna. I've got friends in western part of Waukesha that couldn't always get a good hd signal on some of the local channels no matter what antenna they used.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

No sleep till Brooklyn Heat Seeker WS6's Avatar

Send Brad- UNDERPSI a Pm, he can get some things.
    100-0 faster than your 0-60

brad, UNDERPSI is the ONLY person to go for electronics.

CobraSnake
    I can get you family deal at american anytime of the week. But if your looking for a deal and financing I wouldn't be able to help you out. Send me a PM if you need any help.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    brad, UNDERPSI is the ONLY person to go for electronics.
    Fireworks AND electronics...!!! What does Brad do for a living...???