Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrids, eat your heart out

2.0-liter turbo diesel producing 170 hp and 258 lb.-ft. of torque, with power transmitted through a six-speed manual gearbox and through Audi's legendary Quattro all-wheel-drive system. Puttering along on the U.S. combined cycle in the coupe will net you 44.3 mpg, while the drop top version gets an equally impressive 42.7 mpg.

44 mpg / 258lb.-ft. / AWD!!! That's better than my bro's 04 Jetta TDI

-Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    There is an interesting article in Car and Driver regarding the possible price hike diesel might end up in. They were contributing it to the rising popularity of diesel cars here in U.S.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    me likey!

If I stay out of boost on the evo, I can get about 28-30 on the highway ( did it 3 times ) and that was when I was over 600hp 450trq, 2 people and 3 bags in the trunk and no wing.

but Im also running a AEM EMS where I was tuning on a fly for gas mileage hahah

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    pfft. From Temple TX to Sherman TX (~200 miles), going 75+mph the whole time, WITH winter tires on and no underbody aeropanels on, I got 67.5mpg.

AND I only paid 2.85/gallon vs the 3.65/gallon for diesel (3.75/gallon in IL : )

AND I found out that my car tops out at 104mph, while getting 25mpg. Nah.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    pfft. From Temple TX to Sherman TX (~200 miles), going 75+mph the whole time, WITH winter tires on and no underbody aeropanels on, I got 67.5mpg.

AND I only paid 2.85/gallon vs the 3.65/gallon for diesel (3.75/gallon in IL : )

AND I found out that my car tops out at 104mph, while getting 25mpg. Nah.
    Yeah, but... it's a Honda.

Just busting your balls, Hondas are fine cars, but the boring kinds aren't for me.

A diesel TT though... mmmMM, bitches! I love what Audi has been doing with diesel in the past few years. Driven extra conservatively, their twin turbo diesel A8, which is a heavy car, will do 40+mpg. And that thing has some serious power.
    -Patrick TSi
    I want to be able to spend my retirement years driving my Buick at wide open throttle, at 45 mph, 'cause I shifted into L instead of D. But it's my own damn business and not the government's.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    with my current set up on my balt i average 38.32 doing 75 on the interstate. when i get my aem fic set up on my car i expect to get better the 40 lol

that is awesome! i love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    sweet with a 4.1L v8 in the Caddy and a 4-speed auto I get something like 28 on the freeway.

with a 3.1L v6 in the Lumina and a 3-speed auto I get 27 on the freeway

and lastly w/ a 6.0L v8 in the Roo and a 6-speed manual I get 21mpg on the freeway.

damn I need that Audi.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

turt mcgurt - zenki master TURTLE's Avatar
    neon's getting an average of 34-36 with me beating the living snot out of it, and on short trips to boot... i love small displacement dodge products
    -josh

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt

In the fall, there will be a TDI A4 with a 240hp/360ft V6 that will achieve 40+ combined.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Breecher_7
    I love it. Diesel is the fuel of the future. Screw Corn/Gas/Electric.....

*Possible* hike in diesel? It's already more expensive than premium.

Our Saab averages in the mid 30s with the top up, high 20s with the top down...

My HHR has an average of 28.1mpg that's been running since the day I took delivery (4/07)

Our Mach... Well, who knows what that gets for gas mileage I never watch that thing...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Joe View Post
    Our Saab averages in the mid 30s with the top up, high 20s with the top down...

My HHR has an average of 28.1mpg that's been running since the day I took delivery (4/07)

Our Mach... Well, who knows what that gets for gas mileage I never watch that thing...
    what would bethe point joe, and I doubt it is any better than I get...I am just happy if I see 250 total miles on the trip odo
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    I have been going back and fourth on what will replace the CL (I put 50k+ miles on a car in a year) and before I saw this thread I had pretty much decided on the Audi.

My Jetta, as femanine as it was, was a great car and a blast to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    I have been going back and fourth on what will replace the CL (I put 50k+ miles on a car in a year) and before I saw this thread I had pretty much decided on the Audi.

My Jetta, as femanine as it was, was a great car and a blast to drive.
    That's about as many miles as Kristie drives... Right now though we're on pace for 60k this year on the Saab...

She saw that TT Coupe, read that there's a convertible, and said that it might be on the list for her next car...

I'm getting myself a driver this comming winter and TDi Jettas & Passats are on the list... I'm sure if I got one of those, she'd steal it regularly I guess we'll see what happens...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

I'm doing 17-20 and I am perfectly fine with that.

That's cute.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

10 years from now the American automobile market will probably be alot more like the European car market where they use small 4 banger diesel's in prit near everything, I welcome the change and am kind of sick of driving gas pigs, I love the power (who doesn't) but hate giving a bunch of my money to BP.
    I wish I could buy a diesel focus or fusion, ford has a few diesel's with similar numbers in the European market like the Audi diesel mentioned above.
    If I could get one with half the power and 25% more mpg I would want that one.

I don't wanna buy a VW as they have too many problems IMO and harder to work on than normal car's that normal folk's can use a scan tool on and not be married to the dealer service dept.

My old lady drives about 50 miles a day which isn't that much but its enough to use $100 worth of gas a week in our horrible mpg 5.0 Exploder, with our "fuel pincher" cobra its probably only $80, in a fuel pincher diesel it would probably be $40
    I think I use about $30 a week in whatever piece of junk I am driving, I drive maybe a 100 mile's on a normal week.
    Heard $4 for regular gas by memorial day. I wish America could stop buying OPEC oil and just use our own oil.

And of course I always want to have my Cobra with more and more HP with less and less driving.
    I can't wait till the Cobra is no longer a "primary" summer car for my old lady and she is really mulling my talk's of a fuel pincher. She like's giving money to oil co's.
    I told her this is the last summer she is going to be using it as a commuter car and the summer after that your getting into a gas miser. She blew up and didn't talk to me the rest of the night.

Breecher_7
    The price of diesel is assanine. It takes less to refine it and its more expensive. Blame that on supply and demand. THey can charge whatever they want for it, semi's depend on it.

Should be much cheaper then gasoline. Im looking into purchasing a Bio system, i already have a good source of oil. Just hard to drop the 7K on a good unit.