Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Boxes

Moving Boxes

Moving soon and I could definitely use some. Lots of car parts to move around and then all my stuff at my apartment (clothes, kitchen stuff, you know the drill).

Anybody have some or work for a company that wouldn't miss some larger boxes?
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

turt mcgurt - zenki master TURTLE's Avatar
    i've got a bunch that i was saving for our move, so as long as you can get them back to me by july, i think you can use them... lmk
    -josh

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
    i've got a bunch that i was saving for our move, so as long as you can get them back to me by july, i think you can use them... lmk
    Oh definitely. I can use the few I have for parts (that way if they get dirty, it's okay) and then use any clean ones for the other important stuff in my apartment (and all of Adam's diecast cars he has collected since birth). He collects way too much stuff.

Where are you in Oconomowoc?
    --Michelle--

Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

How many and what size are you looking for?? we have tons from 6x6 up to 60x36x12 come through lmk if turtle dunna have enough for you
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

I have a buncha plastic totes with covers, but I'd have to dig 'em out of the basement of our apartment... LMK
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

The produce dept in grocery stores give them away for free. Just ask. I used to work in one, and their boxes were the best I have ever seen. Most of them were twice as thick and really good sizes. Call them and tell them that you'll pick up some boxes a day later. They well save them, but don't wait like 5 days to pick them up, or they'll be pissed. Also, you better have a big car to fit them all in.

Why barrow someone elses boxes?? Get your own for free!!

Post whore
    grocery stores will give boxes away

Quote Originally Posted by Max 93 View Post
    grocery stores will give boxes away
    X2, thats what i have done. Just ask around at differant places. most stores just "Crush" the boxes anyway makes no differance to them. Just don't be dumb and BUY boxes lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

I don't fucking care
    Craigs list always has boxes in the free section...
    Time is like a bullet form behind, It will catch up and kill you when you least expect it, so live for the moment....Covenant....

Go to Uhaul and buy some. Cheap ass.

Brandon W.
    i have a "box" you can use for all your shit

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    Go to Uhaul and buy some. Cheap ass.
    I've moved so many times I went out and bought a fleet of totes... They are great to have around, and come in handy for future moves...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Moving again in a couple months and this time into a house, so hopefully it's the last time. I'll need boxes. I'll check with the local grocery stores, but figured I would bump this and see if anybody has any or works at a company that has extras they just throw away/recycle.

Thanks!
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Moving again in a couple months and this time into a house, so hopefully it's the last time. I'll need boxes. I'll check with the local grocery stores, but figured I would bump this and see if anybody has any or works at a company that has extras they just throw away/recycle.

Thanks!
    I can ask that any boxes at my work are saved, they range from file boxes to odd shaped one's. Perfect for lamps, clothes and odd sized stuff.

Let me know I'll ask that they stuff the boxes into each other
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

Yeah, that would be very helpful!
    --Michelle--

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Since you seem to move a lot, buy some Rubbermaid Roughneck storage totes. I probably have 100 of the damn things. They're nearly indestructible (I even have some transfer cases in some), survive cold well, and when not in use stack nicely. They're like $6/each. Used to be able to catch them on sale 4/$11 but haven't seen that price in a while. I label each one with a 3.5x5 card and tape.

Much more handy, are stackable, and have handles. Granted, I probably have at least $300 in them but they last forever. And I have a lot of shit.

The 18 gallon ones are pretty much the perfect size. The smaller 12 gallon ones are great for cleaning supplies. They make bigger ones and those work great for bedding/blankets.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

This should be the last time I move, so I am looking for temporary stuff that I can recycle afterwards.

I did want to pick up some after Christmas since the red and green ones are often on sale, but I forgot.
    --Michelle--

+1 for Banana boxes, double wall and heavy fricken duty.

turt mcgurt - zenki master TURTLE's Avatar
    i've still got the large stash... lmk if you'd like some
    -josh

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt

I just put up some Notes at work and have a good 10 boxes already stacked nicely, when are you going to start packing ?

My work is located in Oak Creek

If you do buy some rubbermaid containers head over to HOBO, you will not find them any cheaper then that place !!!!!!!!!
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches