A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Who has caught Dogfish/bowfin? Heard of the snakehead?

Anyone ever catch a bowfin/dogfish? I've only seen one hear in WI, caught in the Dells. Seriously, a near toothless redneck kid showed it to me...I was actually surprised to see it in WI waters since I thought they were mostly an eastern/southern type fish

Bowfin wiki article

But then, I was hearing about "Snakeheads" which look similar to dogheads, and for some breeds, look like a primitive pike/musky. Some can get quite big, and the more tropical ones can reach 5+feet long.

The snakehead wiki article

They look pretty similar, and I didn't know if what I saw was an isolated snakehead sighting...these things are appearently becoming a nusiance out east, and possibly out west too. Likely would put a hurt on the bass and walleye population...catfish too.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

The small lake that borders our property up north is notorious for them. Only caught one small one on the adjacent lake. Ugly bastard that's for sure.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Boost21's Avatar
    Ive cought a bowfin a little bit away from the dells in the river.

snake heads and black pihranna are illegal in the united sates due to there agressive ness and people putting them in lakes

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    I saw a show on snakeheads this past weekend. Apparently they are spreading all over the place. And apparently there are some from Asia that can reach 5ft.
    1968 Camaro 383