Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    After 25 years, theres finally a faster Vette - for a brief period of time. Congrats, GM lover. Call me when you actually have a ZR1, I'll race you for it. For now, go back to wishing your Grand Am "GT" was a ZR1 and get the hell out of the Mopar forum, theres real men conducting business in here.
    Get your panties in a bunch easy eh?

I don't like vipers either, you can make fun of my truck if you'd like
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Hi, my name is Andy, and I like Vipers
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

Senior Member..now yer posting! Jsho13's Avatar
    I am a fan of Vipers. Through highschool, always had one in the garage (dads). It was his dream car and had it up until last fall. He wanted something that wasn't such a raw sports car and could be used as a dd in the summer. I have driven it quite a bit and there is nothing like a viper. My favorite being the R/T10s first gen.

94 - bone stock - 19k miles

I definitely miss this car
    15' Sierra Denali 2500
    12' Yukon Denali XL
    12' Sierra Denali 2500 (Sold)
    07.5' Sierra Denali (Sold)
    04' Yukon Denali (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    They aren't killing the Viper cause of Global Warming. they are killing it cause it's not profitable and they get very little out of the car for other cars. It offers Cerebus/Chrysler very little besides a flagship car. It shares very little with anything else they make. It's not like the ZR1 which shares a ton of parts with the low level Corvettes which sell pretty well, not too mention the same radio you get in nearly every GM vehicle, and a bunch of other stuff. It's hard to make a good business case to keep a car that sells a couple thousand units at best.

Cerebus didn't buy Chrysler to lose money on it every year.
    True, but its hard to put numbers on its value as a halo car. Just about the only Chrysler you see in the media -Motor Trend, Car and Driver, on TV, featured in movies, on racetracks, you name it is the Viper. Its hard to put a price on that value unfortunately, and we are now owned by a buncha bean counters. What they should have done is what I thought was in the works last redesign. Rather than design the new V10 they should have just made the thing new Hemi based, possibly even LX platform based at least some of the parts. The new Hemi is more than capable of making enough power NA or they could have went with a power adder. That way at least the powertrain costs would have been way lower and the R&D investment for the powertrain much much lower.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

After 25 years, theres finally a faster Vette - for a brief period of time. Congrats, GM lover. Call me when you actually have a ZR1, I'll race you for it. For now, go back to wishing your Grand Am "GT" was a ZR1 and get the hell out of the Mopar forum, theres real men conducting business in here.
    Oh trust me, I will go back to wishing my Grand Am GT was a ZR1. Way to get your panties in a f uckin bunch because the Viper is being smashed. I only posted this as an article to read...no need to get all defensive of your car...
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Dodge has the Challenger as their "halo" car. That car is generating more excitement then the Viper has over the last 5-10 years. Cause #1 they nailed it, and #2 people can buy it. Plus since it shares components with other cars, they can go ahead an release some kick ass ridiculous versions of it that can be over the top. Or maybe release a Cuda or something based off it.

Business wise I think they can do more with the Challenger, then they really could with the Viper.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Jsho13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Dodge has the Challenger as their "halo" car. That car is generating more excitement then the Viper has over the last 5-10 years. Cause #1 they nailed it, and #2 people can buy it.
    Yes people can afford it but it was the exclusiveness of owning a viper that made if a viper. The fact that you don't see them everyday puts the viper in a different league than a corvette or mustang. It will only be a matter of time before the Challenger becomes just like the mustang and charger - dime a dozen.
    15' Sierra Denali 2500
    12' Yukon Denali XL
    12' Sierra Denali 2500 (Sold)
    07.5' Sierra Denali (Sold)
    04' Yukon Denali (Sold)

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I don't know if I really think of a Viper as Exclusive. It's main competitor was the Corvette, which is not exclusive in the least. During the summer I see Vipers quite a bit.

Just not a good enough reason for a business to keep a product around.

Cool car though. I was a fan of them, more the earlier ones then the current.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Whats a viper cost off the lot? Last time I checked the new vettes were fetching 70 grand?
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually, the viper may not be dead...

The truth is, like many halo cars, the viper really isn't a money maker...Halo cars neither MAKE good money, but by the same token, the niether LOSE good money either. Canceling or delaying a replacement doesn't mean something dying nor that death is inevitable. Especially if you consider the ill-will it such as move would engender. Continueing the Viper not only allows you to keep the halo car (there really is no such thing as a "more affordable" halo car either as the article speculates) and the racing program with it's built in marketing.

By scratching a replacement, this isn't proof of demise...it simply means that for the time being, the current platform will continue for the foreseeable future; this while the resources that would be working on it's replacement are utilized for other means...which at this point, is extremely important for chrysler as it needs some serious re-focusing.

When the resources that were scheduled to be used on the viper originally become available again, a replacement may or may not be on again...it's simply not foreseeable at this time. A more likely scenario is that the current generation continues a little beyond the original 2011 date to possibly 2013-14 or so, at which time a replacement may occur...little point in killing it honestly.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Deggy Fresh View Post
    Oh trust me, I will go back to wishing my Grand Am GT was a ZR1. Way to get your panties in a ****** bunch because the Viper is being smashed. I only posted this as an article to read...no need to get all defensive of your car...
    My panties are far from in a bunch, I'm perfectly happy with my 1500 RWHP Viper. I much prefer the 96-02 GTS to the newer SRTs anyways. I just think your yet another of many ZR1 nutswinging douchebags that for some reason feels the need to chime in and shit on a Viper thread and bust out the OMGODZORS the ZR1 is better, when you don't even own either car - hence your opinion means jack shit.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

My panties are far from in a bunch, I'm perfectly happy with my 1500 RWHP Viper. I much prefer the 96-02 GTS to the newer SRTs anyways. I just think your yet another of many ZR1 nutswinging douchebags that for some reason feels the need to chime in and shit on a Viper thread and bust out the OMGODZORS the ZR1 is better, when you don't even own either car - hence your opinion means jack shit.
    Actually I didn't chime in at all. I started the fvcking thread. All I said was in MY opinion I think the CORVETTE not just the ZR1 is better than any Viper ever built. Just because you own the car doesn't mean my opinion doesn't mean shit. Maybe to you it doesn't mean shit, but then again...who cares....Because to be honest I could give to shits what you think anyways. Go back to the Viper boards and bash on guys because they don't own a ******* Viper. Douchebag.

I really wish I never would of complimented you on the times you ran with your Viper.

^ I was just about to say didn't Deggy start the thread ion the first place? Its a Forum, people post what they want where they want.

Anywho I really like the earlier Vipers, I don't know too much about them but MoparJim yours sounds killer. Got any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Nix2Kta View Post
    ^ I was just about to say didn't Deggy start the thread ion the first place? Its a Forum, people post what they want where they want.

Anywho I really like the earlier Vipers, I don't know too much about them but MoparJim yours sounds killer. Got any pics?
    I posted a thread in general, theres a few pics in there.
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Actually I didn't chime in at all. I started the fvcking thread. All I said was in MY opinion I think the CORVETTE not just the ZR1 is better than any Viper ever built. Just because you own the car doesn't mean my opinion doesn't mean shit. Maybe to you it doesn't mean shit, but then again...who cares....Because to be honest I could give to shits what you think anyways. Go back to the Viper boards and bash on guys because they don't own a ******* Viper. Douchebag.

I really wish I never would of complimented you on the times you ran with your Viper.
    You started the thread immediately followed by your commentary that you never liked the Viper, were glad it was gone, and ZR1 > Viper. I didn't bash on you because you don't own a Viper, I never bash on anyone's car of choice even with all the Mustang guys around here (you know who you are!). I bashed on the fact that you don't own EITHER car hence how the F would you know which is better or have anything to offer on the matter other than what you read in ZR1 nutswinger monthly or whatever. If you actually had a ZR1, I would be happy to intelligently discuss the merits of the Corvette ZR1 versus the Viper, since obviously both are excellent cars. However, I'm betting you have neither built, raced, or even driven either car what exactly is your opinion and Viper bashing based on?

P.S. If your going to E thug with me, at least come up with something new to call me rather than recycling the "douchebag" that I called you!

P.S.S. I joined BCM almost 3 years before you did, so I won't be "going back" anywhere.
    Last edited by Moparjim; 04-08-2008 at 07:10 PM.
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    i too like the 96-02 gts/ gts r vipers better than the new ones. but i also like the c5 cars better than the c6

and jim i think you should give me a ride in yours this summer. im only 5 mins away from you

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Whats a viper cost off the lot? Last time I checked the new vettes were fetching 70 grand?
    70K for a fully loaded C6 Eric. You can get a C6 for under 50K very easily if you know how to deal.

70-80K is Z06 Territory.

I will miss the viper personally. Ive never owned one but ive rented one a few times while in hawaii when I was in the military. Very fun car. Not built for tall people though. If your over 6', you dont want one IMO. Im short though so I had no problems, one of my friends, not so much.

The ZR1 is going to be a beast, no doubt. The viper is Eye candy though, definitly catches more attention then the Vette. If i chose to own a ZR1 or a New Viper, I would sadly enough choose the Vette. I think it has more capability Dollar for Dollar, its a better "deal".

Does that "lifetime powertrain" warranty apply to the viper?
    Last edited by Breecher_7; 04-09-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    Does that "lifetime powertrain" warranty apply to the viper?
    ]

You're joking right?

Breecher_7
    ]

You're joking right?
    No, im not. Last time I checked Dodge/Chrysler was offering a "lifetime Powertrain" warranty on all vehicles. Why would the viper be any different. The vette carries GM's 5/100K warranty.

Look the next commercial you see for that warranty, read the small print on the bottom and see if it excludes Viper.