Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    WHOOOO HOOOOO

just checked the 10 day for tomahawk! first time i have seen the "s" word in the weather forecast!!! would load a pic, but computer at work don't allow such activity!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...nav_undeclared
    freakin sweet! there is some winter psychics on line that the link was posted on another forum that says dec first were going to have a storm with totals of 18in of snow in the milwaukee metro LOL we cud only wish.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

just thought i would bring this up to the top.

pulled my sled out of storage last night. man, i forget how good 2-stoke smells, that alone makes me never want to buy a 4 stroke, LOL!! planning on washing it up good and greasing it tomorrow, then i just have to wait for the snow!

I just pulled mine into the garage so I can start working on it. I did no summerizing whatsoever, pulled it in the yard right off the trail and put the cover on. I primed it 4 pumps today, 2nd pull started right up. Unreal.

Won't be long now!

I can't wait to come home next weekend so I can put my new track on. 121x15x1.35 camoplast cobra, yea!!!

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

my parts came in yesterday so i can slap everything back together and then hopefully sell the sled. cant wait to buy a new sled!

Clinton
    70 challenger- JUST SITTING
    63 Dodge polara- 588 HEMI-1101 rwhp & 1090 rwtq. 8.07 @ 168
    99 Ram 4x4- slow DD
    The toys- 08 Polaris IQR 600RR and Polaris Predator 500 Cross Country

well I posted a thread over on HCS about a group ride in december. Last year there were 6 of us from the site that met up and had an absolute blast. it is a great way to kick off the season!! like i said in that thread, all types of riders are encouraged to attend. the owner of the lodge knows the area great and can give the backwoods boondocking guys a great time, the trails up there are great for the hardpack guys, and the beer seems to taste better in the UP for the casual guys that just want to mess around!! would be cool to get some BCMers up there!!!

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...owtopic=362991

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    well I posted a thread over on HCS about a group ride in december. Last year there were 6 of us from the site that met up and had an absolute blast. it is a great way to kick off the season!! like i said in that thread, all types of riders are encouraged to attend. the owner of the lodge knows the area great and can give the backwoods boondocking guys a great time, the trails up there are great for the hardpack guys, and the beer seems to taste better in the UP for the casual guys that just want to mess around!! would be cool to get some BCMers up there!!!

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...owtopic=362991
    im all about off trail riding
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    im all about off trail riding
    then you will love it up there!! come along.

i am going to bump this for one reason...........

puddles were frozen this morning and i had ice hanging from my running boards on the truck!!!!!! whooo hooo!! won't be long now.

cleaned the sled all up and everything looked good. had to tighten the rear handle (or whatever you call it). just gotta grease it and polish the tunnel and should be all set.

Polish the tunnel???? Holy bling!!!!

I took my Formula Z out by my buddy, had the pipe cracks and holes all welded up. Now I just need a new pipe from teh main pipe to the can, mine's rusted, and I gotta change seat covers and that sled is ready to rock. Then on to the MXZ....

Senior Member..now yer posting! Jsho13's Avatar
    that sounds like fun
    15' Sierra Denali 2500
    12' Yukon Denali XL
    12' Sierra Denali 2500 (Sold)
    07.5' Sierra Denali (Sold)
    04' Yukon Denali (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    Polish the tunnel???? Holy bling!!!!

I dont spend nearly the time that some do on it, just clean it up a bit. it is truly amazing what a little aluminum polish can do. gotta go buy a powerball though, sick of doing it by hand. gotta make it look nice, will probably be selling it after this year.

Yeah powerball ftw. Every year I spend probably a few hours at least polishing my tunnel just for it to look like shit after the first ride. Why I do it? I have no clue but it looks damn good when its done.
    15' Sierra Denali 2500
    12' Yukon Denali XL
    04' Yukon Denali (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Jsho13 View Post
    Yeah powerball ftw. Every year I spend probably a few hours at least polishing my tunnel just for it to look like shit after the first ride. Why I do it? I have no clue but it looks damn good when its done.
    yeah, after the first ride it is junked, but much easier to clean if it is given a good cleaning in the beginning of the year. i found out on my firecat, that if you never do it, after 3 years, it is a pretty big job trying to bring back the shine.

I should try it on my Formula Z. The MXZ is yellow tunnel, but the Formula is aluminum. Hmm....

I should try it on my Formula Z. The MXZ is yellow tunnel, but the Formula is aluminum. Hmm....
    do it, it turns out great with a little effort.
    15' Sierra Denali 2500
    12' Yukon Denali XL
    04' Yukon Denali (Sold)

Which polish are you guys using? I have the Mother's Billet polish I use for my wheels, good enough?

^^^
    that should work. i just use the regular mothers aluminum polish. you will be shocked how shiny you can get them to look!! some guys go to the extreme, but even a quick over will make the sled look 10x better. plus, like i said earlier, once you do it once a year, it will stay a lot cleaner.

You do the running boards and everything? I have traction plates rivited to my running boards, I could pop them off so I dont chew the hell out of my powerball. They could use some paint anyway...
    Attached Images Attached Images

You do the running boards and everything? I have traction plates rivited to my running boards, I could pop them off so I dont chew the hell out of my powerball. They could use some paint anyway...
    yeah, my running boards have holes in the with the barbs facing up, so my knuckles usually don't survive totally unscathed, lol. i don;t spend too much time on the running boards though, just mainly the sides.