Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    /\/\ I havent raced anything in two years (crashed and chiped 3 vertebre) The XP was having issues up front in the bulkhead area, and thoes rails that were all swiss cheesed to save weight, well thoes were bending like speghetti. I workd at a dealership that sold Polaris as well as ski doo, and have rode both. Im not bashing Skidoo by any means, but here is the fact of the matter, You take to much weight out and you will loose the structual integrity and that is what happened here. racers/ riders that had issues with the rails were adding steel to keep that damn thing togeather. On that note, this winter we had more Ski doos come back that burnt a cyl then any other machine. EFI and Carbed, SOO to say Polaris doesnt have their EFI dialed may be true, but id much rather get a MPG or two less then be walking back to the rod to flag down a ride!!!
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    /\/\ I havent raced anything in two years (crashed and chiped 3 vertebre) The XP was having issues up front in the bulkhead area, and thoes rails that were all swiss cheesed to save weight, well thoes were bending like speghetti. I workd at a dealership that sold Polaris as well as ski doo, and have rode both. Im not bashing Skidoo by any means, but here is the fact of the matter, You take to much weight out and you will loose the structual integrity and that is what happened here. racers/ riders that had issues with the rails were adding steel to keep that damn thing togeather. On that note, this winter we had more Ski doos come back that burnt a cyl then any other machine. EFI and Carbed, SOO to say Polaris doesnt have their EFI dialed may be true, but id much rather get a MPG or two less then be walking back to the rod to flag down a ride!!!
    what dealership you work for? sales or service?

the first time i sat on the xp i thought that i was going to break it i can just talk about my experiences, and i saw that xp stand up to riding that most guys only dream of being able to do. wether it was ditch banging to groomed trail, to rough trail, to powder, it held up great. even took a couple good hits and a rollover very well, LOL! and the fuel ecomony was unbelievable compared especially to my sled. nice to be talking sleds again, it was a long summer

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    were they early build xps??? again, i logged some of the hardest miles ever with an xp in the group and that thing never missed a beat. the owner was worried after hearing all the horror stories.

the IQ belongs on the race track, not the trail, i agree with you that right now it is the best race chassis. the new cat does show a lot of promise though.

yamahas are four stroke, nuff said, again i agree. with a good rider it doesn;t matter that they are heavy, they are decent sleds.

the cats are the ugliest sled out there for sure, but not sure about the push. aftermarket skis, and updating the sway bar on the 07 models eliminates any push. cat has always had shitty skis on their sleds, first thing to come off when picking up any new cat.
    hes a semi pro factory skidoo rider. he broke a total of 3 bulkheads 2 in the same weekend. blew the factory mod up in 5 laps, others blew up in 5 min lol had to have custom crazy running board braces made so they wouldnt flex, along with 99% of the other racers. the rails bent and the fix was a huge chunk of aluminum that bolt to each side of the rails. the beating i put on sleds, i look at what the racers do/break. i am VERY hard on equipment that wasnt built for the track. my phazer takes a beating, maybe slow but the worst thing that broke was the "link" (3times) in the rear skid, which is now billet that yamaha updated in 08. they updated my sled free of charge out of warranty. they replaced the ENTIRE skid exc the rails. that sled has been over2lane highways and been on a mx track a few times and cant complain about what yamaha has given me in return if i have troubles.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    hes a semi pro factory skidoo rider. he broke a total of 3 bulkheads 2 in the same weekend. blew the factory mod up in 5 laps, others blew up in 5 min lol had to have custom crazy running board braces made so they wouldnt flex, along with 99% of the other racers. the rails bent and the fix was a huge chunk of aluminum that bolt to each side of the rails. the beating i put on sleds, i look at what the racers do/break. i am VERY hard on equipment that wasnt built for the track. my phazer takes a beating, maybe slow but the worst thing that broke was the "link" (3times) in the rear skid, which is now billet that yamaha updated in 08. they updated my sled free of charge out of warranty. they replaced the ENTIRE skid exc the rails. that sled has been over2lane highways and been on a mx track a few times and cant complain about what yamaha has given me in return if i have troubles.

i saw pics of guys bolting 2x4s on the rails

what dealership you work for? sales or service?

the first time i sat on the xp i thought that i was going to break it i can just talk about my experiences, and i saw that xp stand up to riding that most guys only dream of being able to do. wether it was ditch banging to groomed trail, to rough trail, to powder, it held up great. even took a couple good hits and a rollover very well, LOL! and the fuel ecomony was unbelievable compared especially to my sled. nice to be talking sleds again, it was a long summer

I was at Avenue motorsports (avenue lawn and leisure) in Men Falls, I was Parts but sold almost as much as the sales guy, And really only did setups, but i also ordered all the parts and did some warratny claims..... Very agil sleds, but i can say they are ahead of their time and and should have spent more time on the track before production....
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

i saw pics of guys bolting 2x4s on the rails
    exactly

anyone work at a ski-doo dealer here? looking to pick up a 2009 bv2s helmet is matte black.

anyone work at a ski-doo dealer here? looking to pick up a 2009 bv2s helmet is matte black.
    i get cost at don and roys (a skidoo dealer)

i get cost at don and roys (a skidoo dealer)
    If you think of it next time you are there just see what they are getting for them. ecklunds has them on ebay for 355, which is a pretty damn good deal i think. i would spend a couple bucks extra to give the business to someone on here though

If you think of it next time you are there just see what they are getting for them. ecklunds has them on ebay for 355, which is a pretty damn good deal i think. i would spend a couple bucks extra to give the business to someone on here though
    i gota go there tonight to pick up a box o goodies that came from parts unlimited. soo ill check into it. depending on mark up (the big 4 are normally around 40% on parts) thats what ill get off. the mark up may not be that much on a helmet so ill look into it.

this the one?

i gota go there tonight to pick up a box o goodies that came from parts unlimited. soo ill check into it. depending on mark up (the big 4 are normally around 40% on parts) thats what ill get off. the mark up may not be that much on a helmet so ill look into it.

this the one?
    yup that is the one. it has to be a 09 though, some dealers are trying to move leftover ones?!?! i heard that the new 09 is worth the extra money?!?!? thanks for looking

/\/\ markups are at least $100, i think i was pricing them at $429 for the 09s. 355 is a good price..
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    /\/\ markups are at least $100, i think i was pricing them at $429 for the 09s. 355 is a good price..
    my price is $410 after tax....

well. johndee released his outlook for the year. doesn't look too good for us around here, but looks better for up north! not too far off now.

49 days until trails open!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

haha, the forcast is looking good for me, anybody going to the snow show? I'm heading back to waukesha thursday night and probably headin out to the show on friday

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Senior Member..now yer posting! Trutildeathxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 70challenger452 View Post
    haha, the forcast is looking good for me, anybody going to the snow show? I'm heading back to waukesha thursday night and probably headin out to the show on friday
    ill be there friday as well, our shop will be at the triton booth so ill probably be hanging around there
    06 hhr: dd
    FIT hawk: BMX bike
    custom made and modified: Fixed gear Road bike
    BOO YA BITCHES

We were gonna go Saturday but I'm not sure now...

ill be goine sat 3pm, my buddy is working the polaris stand

im goin friday night, holloween havoc on saturday!

Clinton
    70 challenger- JUST SITTING
    63 Dodge polara- 588 HEMI-1101 rwhp & 1090 rwtq. 8.07 @ 168
    99 Ram 4x4- slow DD
    The toys- 08 Polaris IQR 600RR and Polaris Predator 500 Cross Country

WHOOOO HOOOOO

just checked the 10 day for tomahawk! first time i have seen the "s" word in the weather forecast!!! would load a pic, but computer at work don't allow such activity!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...nav_undeclared