Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    LOL hopefully u shouldnt walk all over me now to 70 instead of 30 6500rpm clutch engagement should put this bitch on the bumper worse then before... but we'll just take it to the ditch and play, remember Jon those road gaps are killer
    hahaa,, I was just thinking about that last night.. I think i have the road gaps somewhat figured out!
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Senior Member..now yer posting! Trutildeathxxx's Avatar
    i just worked on my sled for about 2 hours, I WANT SNOW NOW!!!!!!
    06 hhr: dd
    FIT hawk: BMX bike
    custom made and modified: Fixed gear Road bike
    BOO YA BITCHES

cant wait for the snow... my friend is picking up his new dragon 700! cant wait to try out the new polairs chassis. Ive never rode a iq chassis befor!

and im adding some more sh!t to my rev to make sure i will smoke him!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

just dropped some more cash tonight on my sled... pics shud be up next week...
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Quote Originally Posted by sloLs1 View Post
    cant wait for the snow... my friend is picking up his new dragon 700! cant wait to try out the new polairs chassis. Ive never rode a iq chassis befor!

and im adding some more sh!t to my rev to make sure i will smoke him!

You will love the dragon, and you dont have to worry about the Chassis snapping like the REV XP
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    You will love the dragon, and you dont have to worry about the Chassis snapping like the REV XP
    lol... i dont have an xp! i do wantr one though!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

They are garbage, hold off another year and see what polaris has in store for 2010
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

They are garbage, hold off another year and see what polaris has in store for 2010
    more dinosaur lookin sleds? ill take my grasshopper... imo the sleds are getting fuglier and fuglier, thay all look like garbage. polaris dragon well looks like a dragon, skidoos look like the design artist won on a etch a sketch. artic cats look like a squeezed polaris/skidoo togeather. and yamaha nytro looks like a fugging eagle head with a jetski tail. BLAH..

waiting until 2010 is a good idea, but you shouldn;t be waiting for a polaris, LOL!! if you want 2010 technology from polaris, start saving up for a 2014. polaris is dead.

Senior Member..now yer posting! purpl72olds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    waiting until 2010 is a good idea, but you shouldn;t be waiting for a polaris, LOL!! if you want 2010 technology from polaris, start saving up for a 2014. polaris is dead.
    Oh snap!

I'm excited to see what polaris has coming out for 2010. It's supposed to be completly different and totally wild, but we'll see when it comes out

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post

hmmm, your right, what do i know ??? I mean Once Polaris came out with the IQ chassis Ski doo Had to scramble to make somethign Lighter then polaris, and in turn they couldnt hold the bulk head togeather on the XP Then Yamaha Decided to build most of their sleds out of Lead and on their lightweight sleds they put the most underpowered motors in them that were avaiable And then in turn would get owned on the trail by mid 90's polaris technology ( Sorry chris ) And then Arctic Cat, well the only thing that ever came out of them that was decent was the A-arm suspension...
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

hmmm, your right, what do i know ??? I mean Once Polaris came out with the IQ chassis Ski doo Had to scramble to make somethign Lighter then polaris, and in turn they couldnt hold the bulk head togeather on the XP Then Yamaha Decided to build most of their sleds out of Lead and on their lightweight sleds they put the most underpowered motors in them that were avaiable And then in turn would get owned on the trail by mid 90's polaris technology ( Sorry chris ) And then Arctic Cat, well the only thing that ever came out of them that was decent was the A-arm suspension...

polaris never had a lighter chassis/sled.... skidoo wasnt ever trying to keep up with anyone... THEY WERE SETTING THE RECORDS

i speak highly of skidoo just because i own one!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

it took polaris 4 years to come out with the dragon, there only decent machine in years. the fushion is/was a dud, they are still trying to figure out fuel injection, and even their jackets and helmets suck. ski doo is at the top of the game with their motors and aggressive chassis. cat has without a doubt the best ride and handling since coming out with the twin spar (one could argue that cat has alway had the best ride handling sled with the zr being probably the most recognized chassis EVER from any manufacturer, even more so than the IQ), and yamaha has the 4 stroke market pretty much wrapped up right now.

and..................polaris will have a hell of a sled in 2010 i have driven them all, the new xp, the twin spar, the apex, the phazer/nitro, the switchback, the IQ, and a polaris is the only brand that i would never buy. they may come out and surprise the sledding world with something, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by 07ROUSHSTG3; 10-05-2008 at 02:22 PM.

logged a bunch of miles with an xp in the group last year. i was shocked at the power, fuel economy, and the handling in the twisties. the guy rode it hard everyday and never a hiccup. not so crazy about the looks, but even the crazy ass windshield grows on you.

we should start throwing out some some dates and locations for a BCM ride.

(based on racing experience)

xp= lightwieght fail. friend broke his 2 in half last year, literally, oh and bent the rails and bent the running boards straight down, oh and also forgot when ordering a mod, they sent the WRONG pistons and blew up with in minutes.
    polaris= iqr chassis still rocks all race sleds except for the chain cases exploding
    yamaha= heavy but nothing can keep up in open class, just need a good rider to ride one. <-- they dont even allow them in amature racing due to an unfair advantage.
    artic cat=just plain fugly and handle like junk, push very bad

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    (based on racing experience)

xp= lightwieght fail. friend broke his 2 in half last year, literally, oh and bent the rails and bent the running boards straight down, oh and also forgot when ordering a mod, they sent the WRONG pistons and blew up with in minutes.
    polaris= iqr chassis still rocks all race sleds except for the chain cases exploding
    yamaha= heavy but nothing can keep up in open class, just need a good rider to ride one. <-- they dont even allow them in amature racing due to an unfair advantage.
    artic cat=just plain fugly and handle like junk, push very bad

were they early build xps??? again, i logged some of the hardest miles ever with an xp in the group and that thing never missed a beat. the owner was worried after hearing all the horror stories.

the IQ belongs on the race track, not the trail, i agree with you that right now it is the best race chassis. the new cat does show a lot of promise though.

yamahas are four stroke, nuff said, again i agree. with a good rider it doesn;t matter that they are heavy, they are decent sleds.

the cats are the ugliest sled out there for sure, but not sure about the push. aftermarket skis, and updating the sway bar on the 07 models eliminates any push. cat has always had shitty skis on their sleds, first thing to come off when picking up any new cat.

/\/\/\ One early build one late built.... XPs are weak sauce. Great if Grandma needs to get across the field to milk the cows in the morning, but if you have any sack at all and ride it, then you will have issues down the road.... Fusion is a fail???? Pretty sure that the Fusion name is a fail but the Fusion is a IQ chaissis... the IQR is owning ALL other rides on the track... In fact, if it wasnt for the *reinforced* XPs, Polaris would have NO Competition on the track, On that note, You havent herd much about artic cat in the race world since the 02/03 sno pro
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

/\/\/\ One early build one late built.... XPs are weak sauce. Great if Grandma needs to get across the field to milk the cows in the morning, but if you have any sack at all and ride it, then you will have issues down the road.... Fusion is a fail???? Pretty sure that the Fusion name is a fail but the Fusion is a IQ chaissis... the IQR is owning ALL other rides on the track... In fact, if it wasnt for the *reinforced* XPs, Polaris would have NO Competition on the track, On that note, You havent herd much about artic cat in the race world since the 02/03 sno pro
    i couldn't care less how many podiums a factory race team wins

i worry how the sleds perform in the real world, and the fact is polaris is at the bottom of the bunch right now. they tried to bridge the gap between race sled and trail sled and they failed. the fushion/IQ is a fail on the TRAIL, where it matters most. and again, i can't swallow the "xp is weak" argument. i literally logged over 1000 miles of some of the hardest riding i have ever done in my life and i was impressed. never even blew a belt another member on here was along for all of them, i will see if he chimes in.

do you actually race or watch them on tv? not trying to be a smartass, just wondering.

and the new sno-pro will hold its own this year. polaris spent big money getting the big names in the sport to drive for them, i was not surprised how many races they won last year. cat has some up and coming guys with an all new chassis.