Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
    I may make the trip down, not 100% sure. If I do, look for a leather Mustang jacket and a Can Am X Team hat.

i just got a boner!

A SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL POSSIBLE FRIDAY INTO FRIDAY NIGHT ACROSS NORTH CENTRAL WISCONSIN...

LOW PRESSURE ACROSS THE CENTRAL PLAINS WILL MOVE TO NEAR CHICAGO FRIDAY EVENING... THEN INTO NORTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN FRIDAY NIGHT. THIS SYSTEM COULD BRING A SIGNIFICANT HEAVY SNOWFALL TO NORTH CENTRAL WISCONSIN.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BECOME WIDESPREAD ACROSS NORTH CENTRAL WISCONSIN BY MID DAY FRIDAY... THEN CONTINUE INTO FRIDAY NIGHT. THE SNOW MAY BE MIXED WITH RAIN AT TIMES ON FRIDAY. THE SNOW WILL THEN DIMINISH TO SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS SATURDAY MORNING. SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 6 INCHES OR MORE ARE POSSIBLE IN A FEW SPOTS NORTH OF A MERRILL TO IRON MOUNTAIN LINE. THE HEAVY WET SNOWFALL COULD CAUSE TREE LIMBS TO BREAK AND CAUSE POWER OUTAGES.

god damn, I might need to go home and get my sled ready pretty soon here.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Schwing!
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

changed it to mostly rain now.

leaving thursday for the first ride this year. staying in twin lakes Mi (UP) at krupps inn. cant wait!!
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Senior Member..now yer posting! tommyt5078's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    leaving thursday for the first ride this year. staying in twin lakes Mi (UP) at krupps inn. cant wait!!

I'll be leaving my house this saturday, and drive thru the waukesha wi trails.

Bring on the snow
    13.176@101.48 Bone Stock 05'STi done on 6/20/2010 import wars #4 hot day, 11:20am.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    Im READY FOR SNOW!!!!! just got my sled to my house.. had it the back of a pick up truck.. only way i could get it out by myself was to back up to the hill in my backyard and drive it out.. and damn it felt like the ski's came off the ground when i had to move it... goes good on the grass

So how much is on the ground in the Milwaukee area? I'm finishing up with finals here at school this week so I got a whole month to ride when I get back to Waukesha. The ol' 500 just needs a little finishing up with the preseason maintenance and I'm ready to roll. If anybody is up in the Marquette area later on this winter and wants to ride let me know! I know where all the good back country riding is.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Took the 670HO for a rip down the road. I am now ready. Bring it on.

Oh wait, I didnt get my plow built for my quad yet. Maybe I'm not quite ready yet. We are forecasted to get 6-10 by tomorrow up here.

anyone going to the sno-x race at the mile this weekend? I may, depending on if i get a sled this week or not. was really hoping to wait until next year, but i cannot take listening to the sleds passing the house. may be picking up that new sno-pro 500! only thing stopping me is the fact that it will only do 90 mph. my f8 would do 105!??! only 15 mph and D&D makes a 720 kit for them. the handling is supposed to be unreal on these things. which would make sense, it is the race chassis.

http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/snow.a...odel=SNOPRO500

just got word from dealer. can pick up sled tomorrow!!

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    nice.. sled looks sweet.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    Nice! How many hp do these new sleds make?

90 mph from a race sled is a lot, they usually are geared down to about 70.

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

I have an old 98 ZR500 and i still love the sled. I've been looking around for a Firecat but everyone is still asking a lot for them. I would need to sell my SV650 first though.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by SSLEVO View Post
    Nice! How many hp do these new sleds make?

90 mph from a race sled is a lot, they usually are geared down to about 70.

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

I have an old 98 ZR500 and i still love the sled. I've been looking around for a Firecat but everyone is still asking a lot for them. I would need to sell my SV650 first though.
    $8600 out the door. sled msrp is $8300 i beleive.

sled will do 90 in stock form i am told. D&D makes a 720 kit for it that i plan on getting for it next year. that bumps it up to 130 hp and a 100+ top speed . guys that have these things are saying they are the best handling sled they have ever ridden. my buddy that works at the dealership drove it and said that it is super snappy. clutch kicks in around 6K. said that it will take some getting used to, but the sled felt so light and nimble. thinking that i may try a clutch kit or different gearing to get some more top speed out of it, but i will see.

there are a few left yet, Pro Motorsports in Fond du Lac has one and i found one at a dealer in madison.

can't wait until tomorrow night!!

Post whore
    Nice! Sounds kind of like a phaser with some power. I'm just out of school a year and a half so there won't be a new sled any time soon. I need a place of my own before that can happen, lol.

where did you buy it midcities? I love that thing. If cat comes out with a bigger motor next year I am in 100%
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    where did you buy it midcities? I love that thing. If cat comes out with a bigger motor next year I am in 100%
    yup, midcities. last 2 sleds have been from them.

as for the larger motor. the reason i sold my 07 was because i heard rumblings that cat was going to put a 700 motor in this chassis. then i read a press release last week from cat saying that this chassis is not capable of anything larger unless things are changed. i figured might as well get the 5 because anything larger wouldn't be the true race chassis converted for trail. what really swayed me was talking to someone who drove the 720 version of this sled. today is going to be a long day at work!

post some pics up!!

I am taking delivery of an 02 ZR800 CCE tonight. I bought it for my brother, but I will have it until mid Jan!! Might have to take it for a rip or 2.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    post some pics up!!

I am taking delivery of an 02 ZR800 CCE tonight. I bought it for my brother, but I will have it until mid Jan!! Might have to take it for a rip or 2.
    Nice sleds, i've always liked those, the problem is you can buy a firecat for what most people are asking for those damn things.