Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

Thank You US government.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    ahahahahah i told you so dave

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    So it'll just be Camaro, Corvette, G8, G8 Ute, and Whatever Cadillac wants.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    I dont think there will be a G8 according to that article. The G8 and Impala were based on the same RWD platform.....
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

The G8 has already arrived at the docks in California.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    The G8 has nothing to do with the Camaro platform. It;s a Holden based car anyways.

Rumors have been floating for quite a while that a RWD Impala is dead. More then anything else there's no market for it. The general buying public thinks RWD is terrible for anything other then nice sunny days, and to change that thinking would be fighting an uphill battle. The current Impala is doing pretty well, and if GM can take some of the changes they made with the Malibu into the future Impala's they'll do fine there.

As for the Camaro. I've always assumed this car was going to be a $30K plus car. There's just no way they'll be able to make it for Mustang pricing unless they plan on taking a loss on it. The top end 4th gen cars were over $30K and that was on a platform that had 10 years into it, and even borrowed alot from the thridgens. Way too much developmental time and money was spent on it, and it's taken way too long to get into production. It's bad enough they'll be the last one to the dance, but if they don't price it right, it's doomed for failure. Especially when the dealers start putting $10K pops on them and making them nearly the cost of a Vette.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    ok so how is the RWD platform killed? If the G8 is still coming, the new impala was based on that frame, so it would be dumb to not produce it.......
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

She's Back in Action Cutlass Queen's Avatar
    Does this mean no Camaro now?
    "Just Deal With It" Racing

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass Queen View Post
    Does this mean no Camaro now?
    Oh no....just that you'll have to pay more for it.

It's because the liberals care about you, want you to have better gas mileage cars that the car companies REFUSE to give you...so to meet the standards but keep a v8 available, they have to price it so only a few buy them (two reasons for this....they won't sell so many as to hurt the EPA numbers and 2) so they recoup their development cost/preserve profitability in said fewer models sold)
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Thank all the enviro-nut liberals and their overblown theories about global warming.

She's Back in Action Cutlass Queen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Oh no....just that you'll have to pay more for it.

It's because the liberals care about you, want you to have better gas mileage cars that the car companies REFUSE to give you...so to meet the standards but keep a v8 available, they have to price it so only a few buy them (two reasons for this....they won't sell so many as to hurt the EPA numbers and 2) so they recoup their development cost/preserve profitability in said fewer models sold)
    Way to have the the camaro make a comeback then
    "Just Deal With It" Racing

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Liberals? Last time I checked Bush is the one who called for these higher mileage standards.

Now I'm going to go back outside and finish shoveling all my global warming....
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    the camaro will be back for a 1-3 year swing then dead again just watch.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Liberals? Last time I checked Bush is the one who called for these higher mileage standards.
    Yep...but do you really think he would have if it weren't for all the stupid libs pushing for it? Seriously...he did, what I'd call, a "cave".

I fault him for that...but not for coming up with the idea. It's one of those things that you chose your battles...probably felt this was one not worth fighting.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I still don't think it's gunna come out

Then again, I've been saying that since Day 1 of them saying they'd reintroduce it...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Dammit.... this sucks complete b@lls...
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

The top end 4th gen cars were over $30K
    IIRC a member here who I'm friends with (rarely posts) bought a 00' Camaro SS for 23-24k...brand new.

As for new models, things will continiously be changing. I wouldn't bury the RWD V-8 models just yet, even though it doesn't look good.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Now I'm going to go back outside and finish shoveling all my global warming....
    sig material right there

I hear Ford is dropping the Mustang for a new model called "Probe"