Built Honda Transmissions?

Does anyone know of a company that sells built honda trans? Or is there just companies that make individual parts and you need to put it together?

I'm asking for a Friend. His Integra is in Need of a new trans. 3rd Grinds like a SOB when he is all in it. And 5th gear as of late has been popping back out. So he is in need of a new trans and we were wondering if anyone made a built one. With a LSD and stronger Sycros and what not. Anyone know of any? Or maybe any that are already built for sale?
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

honda trannys are pretty strong, enough to hold over 700 whp. I would just get some cyro treated gears. You can get those from gearspeed, and a Quaife LSD. Unless you want something crazy you can go with a liberty trans.

___________Rob L.___________

Thanks alot man, who would you recommend installing the gears and LSD?

___________Rob L.___________

Beeyond Engineering
    flit: dang what power levels are you and your guys doing?

700whp is a bit high for stock trannies.... with true oem stock stock trannies we started to break them at 600+whp(3rd & 4th gear). i'd say with hardened gear, coated syncros, upgraded pinions, and a good LSD 600+whp is very doable and somewhat reliable.
    reason why fwd honda oem trannies can handle so much power is because power transfer is short(two little axles). tire slippage is another contributor to this phenomenon. or is it really a marvel to ponder on.....LOL no!!! just imagine if only 450whp was planted on the ground with huge slicks and being it a RWD......this oem tranny would collapse like crap however, compared to other FWD brand cars, the honda/acura trannies are rated #1 without a doubt....toyotas #2...............and so forth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Bee; 02-06-2008 at 07:49 PM.
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

i think gear ratios and torque come into play also like you said to though, if it dosent hook there really isnt anyway to break shit other then wheel hop.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by HY35F2T View Post
    i think gear ratios and torque come into play also like you said to though, if it dosent hook there really isnt anyway to break shit other then wheel hop.
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    flit: dang what power levels are you and your guys doing?

700whp is a bit high for stock trannies.... with true oem stock stock trannies we started to break them at 600+whp(3rd & 4th gear). i'd say with hardened gear, coated syncros, upgraded pinions, and a good LSD 600+whp is very doable and somewhat reliable.
    reason why fwd honda oem trannies can handle so much power is because power transfer is short(two little axles). tire slippage is another contributor to this phenomenon. or is it really a marvel to ponder on.....LOL no!!! just imagine if only 450whp was planted on the ground with huge slicks and being it a RWD......this oem tranny would collapse like crap however, compared to other FWD brand cars, the honda/acura trannies are rated #1 without a doubt....toyotas #2...............and so forth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Car should be in the 575-650WHP on race gas. But were looking for something that can hold up.