ROUSH Silverado?

Filed under: Aftermarket, Trucks/Pickups, Chevrolet

click above for more high-res images of the ROUSH Silverado

It was a big enough shock last May when ROUSH announced that it would begin making performance parts for a select few General Motors' vehicles. Long associated with Fords, in particular the Mustang and F-150, ROUSH initially began offering just its Power Programmers and cold air intakes for GM products.

Then a rendering surfaced that showed a fully tuned Silverado with a ROUSH body kit and wheel package. Though the company admitted it was researching such a truck, it didn't admit much else. Now it doesn't have to, as we have pictorial proof that ROUSH may soon branch out beyond vehicles branded with a blue oval to offering full performance packages, including the ROUSHcharger supercharger, for 1997-and-up Chevy Silverados.

The spy shots you see here show a ROUSH-modified Silverado that's virtually identical to the rendering that leaked out. Beyond the bright color, we can see a new front bumper and lower apron with a deep chin spoiler, large-diameter dual exhausts out back, larger wheels wrapped in low-profile rubber and a new hood with a power dome. That dome no doubt hides a supercharged V8, probably the 6.0L Vortec MAX V8 that normally produces 367 hp and 375-lb/ft of torque, but should hit 500 hp and 500-lb/ft with the addition of a ROUSHcharger. ROUSH and Chevy? We know, it sounds weird to us too, but based on these spy shots, it looks like a good time.

[Photos: Brian Williams for Brenda Priddy & Co.]

Gallery: ROUSH Chevy Silverado

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    im liking how that looks.
    1968 Camaro 383

She's Back in Action Cutlass Queen's Avatar
    If that comes on the market, I'll wait on the Camaro and buy this instead
    "Just Deal With It" Racing

Breecher_7
    Im willing to bet its quite overpriced........

I like the color matched front end .... but yeah what are they going to ask for this upgrade...
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    Roush-Charging my GTO in '08
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.