Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ~ Mega Squirt ~

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeesTwinEG View Post
    You wish :-D Im just gonna start laughing at you now

BTW- Flick One question to you, Would you rather get your boosted car tune by unprofessional guy than a certified and have been in bussiness for years?
    I see your point of view, but from my prospective.. I rather go to a bussiness have all the certification and have been doing it for a longtime.
    its like, when you go into the hood.. You see a same exact shoe for 30 bucks and at footlocker for 65 dollars. What would you pick? I'm pretty sure you would pick 65dollar one. Because footlocker have big repuation.

That is all im trying to say.

srry for hijacking but I say +1 MS.

Wow...wtf...seriously.

I personally am for a person's proven accomplishment over some stupid piece of paper saying he passed a written test, or was able to setup a simple boost comp map.

I deal with the people who KNOW what they are doing rather than the ones that continually have to come on here and TELL everyone what they can do.

BeesTwinEG, I don't know if you work for Bee, or you are just a friend or family member, but you seriously are NOT helping his business reputation with ANY of your posts. Who cares what people say on here; WE are NOT in competition with BEE's shop. If anything, you are swaying people away from his shop because of your very poor remarks on this forum.

Bee, I hope that you continue to gain knowledge of as many tuning platforms out there, as it is only better for your business; Good luck!
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Tim and Jake I wish you didn't have to bring up BUSINESSES---OMG you just opened the can of worms. let me ask you this, Who's bussiness still stand? Let me ask you that right now. Is Bee's bussiness expanding every year? Yes, it is so. What happened to all other race/performance shops? this is to you Jake. If you think, Bee's not getting your bussiness, does not mean he won't survive. The bussiness gets busy by the day and if you don't believe it ask beagle-he seen it. and Tim all you need to do is not read the post that is all. If you don't like it, Oh well cry me a river buddy . I heard your buddies at beyond redline sh1t talk about bee's shop, but that's ok because bee's humble and he lets sh1t just sly-by(guys that had their cars tuned there came to bee to retune and yes they were happy-these are my informers fyi). So my suggestion is, Shut the **** up and read the post that is all. and Don't be so naive bring up cr@p that don't need to be spoken of.
    Personal Best - 10.4 @ 140mph(110oct)2010
    10.9 @ 130mph (92oct) 2010
    10.004@154mph 2012. & still need driving lessons
    BEEyond ENG>>
    Special thanks to Bee/Beeyond Engineering. Waldo, Henry, and the crew!

You wish :-D Im just gonna start laughing at you now

BTW- Flick One question to you, Would you rather get your boosted car tune by unprofessional guy than a certified and have been in bussiness for years?
    I see your point of view, but from my prospective.. I rather go to a bussiness have all the certification and have been doing it for a longtime.
    its like, when you go into the hood.. You see a same exact shoe for 30 bucks and at footlocker for 65 dollars. What would you pick? I'm pretty sure you would pick 65dollar one. Because footlocker have big repuation.

That is all im trying to say.

srry for hijacking but I say +1 MS.
    It really all depends. I have heard of some shops (nationally) that have been open for years and when it comes to tuning they don't know shit. I am still sticking to my guns on my opinion of going to someone who knows what there doing. Not saying you guys don't do good work cause i have seen some of the stuff that you guys crank out and it is very fast. Oh, and about shoes i'd get them from the hood. $65 is too much to spend on shoes.

OH and i personally think enough bashing has been done.

ALL OF YOU know what the hell your doing and you all have built stupid fast cars.

Simon - You have what a 10 second Civic Coupe.
    Bee - God knows how fast your civic/integra/etc... goes
    Tim - 9.9 AWD Eclipse
    Jake - 9.5 AWD Talon
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by twicks69 View Post
    Wow...wtf...seriously.

I personally am for a person's proven accomplishment over some stupid piece of paper saying he passed a written test, or was able to setup a simple boost comp map.

I deal with the people who KNOW what they are doing rather than the ones that continually have to come on here and TELL everyone what they can do.

BeesTwinEG, I don't know if you work for Bee, or you are just a friend or family member, but you seriously are NOT helping his business reputation with ANY of your posts. Who cares what people say on here; WE are NOT in competition with BEE's shop. If anything, you are swaying people away from his shop because of your very poor remarks on this forum.

Bee, I hope that you continue to gain knowledge of as many tuning platforms out there, as it is only better for your business; Good luck!

hey tim, i sincerely hope this cr@p talking stops. there are kids in here(no names) that never cease to talk sh1t. personally i don't really care for sh1t talking anymore as i'm very busy at my business and hardly have time to even read the BS's..... beestwineg is a friend of mine and he can't stand when there is crap talking especially towards the shop or myself(of course i wouldn't like it when people do the same to him), so let him deal with his own business of talking this and that. i say if you can't stand someone PM him and stop BSing in here....this goes out to everyone including beestwineg. stop the insanity already

close this thread close this thread..........................it's getting no where
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    It really all depends. I have heard of some shops (nationally) that have been open for years and when it comes to tuning they don't know shit. I am still sticking to my guns on my opinion of going to someone who knows what there doing. Not saying you guys don't do good work cause i have seen some of the stuff that you guys crank out and it is very fast. Oh, and about shoes i'd get them from the hood. $65 is too much to spend on shoes.

OH and i personally think enough bashing has been done.

ALL OF YOU know what the hell your doing and you all have built stupid fast cars.

Simon - You have what a 10 second Civic Coupe.
    Bee - God knows how fast your civic/integra/etc... goes
    Tim - 9.9 AWD Eclipse
    Jake - 9.5 AWD Talon

yes i agree... please guys no more bashing.

but flick, i really hope you get your car/truck running good where ever you go....good luck to your decisions.

btw my car is slow don't post up my times especially because it's only a FWD.
    Last edited by Bee; 02-14-2008 at 11:51 AM.
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

Looking for Fozy parts Want_Notch's Avatar
    I would go to the shop that can use proper grammatically correct English.

Not ripping on anyone.

If someone presents themselves to the world like a hood rat rather than a normal human being I don't care how good they are. I'll take my stuff somewhere else.
    Last edited by Want_Notch; 02-14-2008 at 12:06 PM.
    2001 Subaru Forester

Quote Originally Posted by Want_Notch View Post
    I would go to the shop that can use proper grammatically correct English.

Not ripping on anyone.

If someone presents themselves to the world like a hood rat rather than a normal human being I don't care how good they are. I'll take my stuff somewhere else.
    Last edited by 70 cutlass 442; 04-30-2008 at 11:09 PM.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post

yes i agree... please guys no more bashing.

but flick, i really hope you get your car/truck running good where ever you go....good luck to your decisions.

btw my car is slow don't post up my times especially because it's only a FWD.
    I didn't post what you car runs? Simply because i don't know.

Thanks on having my back on where i take it. Depeneding on what i do i have some friends from some major chicago shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

I have a few things to say about it.

-You guys can guess all you want, but BELIEVE ME... You have no idea why I closed my shop. I left not owing money to anyone or having loose ends. I have been living for nearly 2 years now on the money I had saved up. So please... Don't assume you know about my life.

-BTW... Read back into the post and see who brought up "business" in the first place.

-Seriously though... I am not trying to further any problems but instead I am genuinely curious. Why do you guys have such a problem with me anyways? I could get into a pissing match all day long. (Just being honest) Most of you don't have the intelligence to keep up in a battle of whits. (FOR EXAMPLE... The Ghetto shoes?) I get what you were attempting to say, but it was easier to laugh then to be annoyed.

-So is it because I was successful with my car time and time again? Is it because during the 4+ years I was in business I did well?

Bee- I am just being honest here... I used to respect you. It doesn't matter if you care or not. My point is, that the manner that you and your group of nut-swingers conduct yourselves is laughable. I thought it was because I owned another shop before hand, but at this point it is clear you are just desperate for drama.

You guys can go ahead and flame me and anyone who sticks up for me all you want. It is not going to change what I have accomplished. It is not going to hurt my feelings or make me said. It just makes an UNNEEDED tension at the track, on the strip, and on the forum. So here is the deal. Any of you guys really, genuinely, have an issue that you would like to tell me about... PM me and I will do what I can to resolve it. Otherwise, just back off. I haven't been on this board for months and I come on and get flamed right away by someone I have never personally met.

Do what ever you will with this. I bet I get hardly any PMs (trying to resolve a conflict) but a ton of pointless flaming instead. Ohhh well.
    JHRacing.net

Those Who Say It Can't Be Done.... Shouldn't Fu(k With The Guy Who's Doing It!

What happened to all other race/performance shops? this is to you Jake.
    If you really want to know and your not trying to just be a prick then send me a PM. I figure if you can bash me before knowing anything about me, why not fill you in.

Go ahead... Seriously.
    JHRacing.net

can't we all just get along?
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net

Quote Originally Posted by TopStreetDsm View Post
    If you really want to know and your not trying to just be a prick then send me a PM. I figure if you can bash me before knowing anything about me, why not fill you in.

Go ahead... Seriously.
    can i hear the story? just kinda cerious.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

i think its funny how the nut swinger is talking like he owns the shop.LMAO
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

There were as many good things as bad things.

Where I started: I started in a $600/mth paint both behind an auto repair shop. I had about $6k Saved from a plastic injection mold company I was working at. I began March 1st when I was 18. I took the $6,000 I had and I bought a tig welder, a cheap sand blaster and powder coating system. I also bought a box of mild steel 90deg bends of different sizes. I was driving a 87 MKIII Supra I had since I was 17. This was nothing more than a 60-1 in stock housing, a blitz SS air filter, a 3" crush bent exhaust from mufflers for less, and a 2G eclipse IC with some rigged piping. I mention this because its nothing special. These things were all I had going for me at the time.

With a few good friends spreading the word and a willingness to work hard, I did what I could. There was a point I was welding blades on snow throwers or powder coating license plate brackets to pay my shop rent. With in about 6 months I was bringing in enough money to pay my bills in the first week and the rest of the month go out. Whether it was street racing, hanging out on hwy 100, driving to HIN or whatever... That was what I was doing, and I loved it.

I totaled the supra one night when I was out with a few friends looking for a quite place that we could race, with out the cops coming every 5 mins. Anyways a cat ran out in front of me and I swerved (yeah I know... HIT THE CAT... I hear it from everyone) and went head on into a tree at 45mph. I only had a 2 bay area for cars and business so I had to keep it in a garage space and I parted it out. That is the money that payed for the Talon I have now. I was skateboarding to the shop at this point because I couldn't find the right replacement. Anyways, I bought the car and some parts for it with the supra money. This was my first setup that I was hitting low 12s with on 15psi. I ended up pissing off my landlord because of the supra taking up room and me having customer cars across the street, because I was out of room. Long story short, it was time to leave. I had enough cash coming in that I decided if I could spend 2-3K extra than my bills every month, that I could afford my own place. So I started buying cool parts for the Talon. This is what I ran KOTH with a 11s flat street machine.

I decided I had enough money coming in to make a jump. The only place that was really able to suit my needs and was available, got bought by new owners the day before I was signing the lease. So I had to go to a bigger shop with higher everything. This was the shop in butler. I felt like I was on top of the world at this point. People all over the place excited to see what new I was doing. REALLY COOL CARS... Custom turbo setups on Lexus IS300, 78 Datsun 510 Road Race car w/ a FJ20 T in it, Twin Turbo old school V8, Vielside setup MKIV Supras, 10.0s GVR4, and then the everyday 500hp customers too. It was great...

It also got ahead of me. I was the one constant in all of this. There were no partners, or sponsors, or whatever. It was all me. When it was sweeping floors, welding, answering the phone, dealing with the mail, gathering new business, designing manifolds for production... It was all me. I tried passing some of these skills on to some of the employees I had at the time. There own personal cockyness made them believe that they could do better. So they made a plan and bashed mine. (even while they were working for my). They then became upset when I had to fire them for conflict of interest.

At this point things were good and shakey at the same time. The bills where huge, and the unexpected ones were greater. It was had to focus on work with the new found drama that had started. Blah blah... I could list probably 50 reasons or better. This is where my father wanted to joint the company and try and get some of the paperwork side of things figured out. It was also a reason for him to invest some cash as I was getting behind at this point. After talking to each other and seeing my friends turning their backs or becoming upset... We decided it was time for a change. Instead of going after $100 spring installations, we were going to go after the $10K+ jobs and internet sales. So we began slowing down the cars coming in for the everyday stuff and focused on the stuff I was really good at. We also got set up with a company and purchased a mandrel bender. This was going to be used for all of the 2.5" IC piping and 3" exhaust. I purchased over $11k in electro polished SS, set the machine up, canceled jobs and focused on the training involved. I will wrap this with a bow. The bender was not capable of bending 3" SS without crimping it, I had 4 full time employees getting paid, and tubing inventory getting used and thrown on the scrap pile, and I had NO cars coming in. The was roughly a $28,000 loss, and a bunch of ticked off customers.

I had parts cars and other projects that I was working on (including the talon) and didn't have any money to buy the parts to work on them. I was asking employees to hold checks until customers checks cleared. It was a rough start. I ended up working by myself again. I fired everyone I had working for me because I couldn't afford them anymore and I was not making any money from them. Just as and example, I came out from my office and found one guy sleeping under a car on the creeper, and the others were out back smoking. At this point I was loosing money fast. Also my girlfriend of over 5 years cheated on me and then left.

So things were rough to say the least. I put my head in the right spot and said I was going to make something work. I landed quite a bit of good work at that point. I was on my own and happy then I hired one other guy to help, thinking he would be a good addition to the image and work ethic of the place. I later had to have him arrested for selling inventory on ebay.

By the end: I had less money coming in every month. I had some pretty cool equipment that I couldn't use for much. And I had put my new setup together on the Talon. With in 6 months of this I closed the doors. I owed one person (a student who couldn't get down to me in time) a wastegate dump tube. I made sure everything else that I had any control over was satisfied. I got a storage unit and shoved anything that I could in there. I had a one car garage in butler that I had my Talon squeezed into with rubbermade bins (floor to ceiling) on three walls.

A few people knew how to get ahold of me and I was doing side jobs out in the driveway or a duplex in butler. Talk about a change. Even when I wasn't making much, if any, money people were treating me like crap. I told the last few people: " I was offering a service... Not a servant!". It didn't matter really though, because this is when I got the car back down to the track and it wasn't business anymore. I was talking with people and just walking away after. I didn't need to give them a card of whatnot. A hand shake was good enough.

I have been selling equipment, cars, truck stuff, tools, ect.... for the last year and a half now. I have been working on getting some turbo manifolds on the market. I put one on my car and had a special turbo mod done, and went out for some tuning. The street tuning I with my Maths section in my data logger can tell you wheel hp and trq very accurately if it is setup on a dyno. This is what I did, and it was showing over 960awhp and over 700trq on 42 psi. I was at 781fwdhp before on 45 psi. I took it to the track and slipped the clutch too hard. Second pass 2 Solid lifters loosened and caused the inconel valves to crash the pistons. Motor, and turbo were done. Since I didn't have the money now to fix it, I started parting it out. I am only leaving to parts I need to fab a rwd solid axle setup in there.

I have worked a few jobs in there, since the closing, and I have started a few projects. I have been battling the idea that people could be your friend everyday with their hands out, and disappear when you need help. I just was raised in a different way. I didn't think other people treated each other like that. If you heard some of the stories and the names of these people.... You would be amazed.

As a conclusion: I have just been trying to get something to stick. I know that I know what I am doing. I am trying to start a family and have a house. I have much thicker skin then any of these kids can puncture. It didn't used to be that way, but I am just not interested in helping everyone any more. My priorities have changed. But I am not Defeated. I am kicking off an internet company at this point, and that should be able to pay for the insane new setup in the talon and some killer off-road muddin with my truck. That is what matters to me, not an opinion of me. But on the same point. I am willing to trying and figure out what is really going on if someone is upset for what ever reason. I cant claim to always be perfect and if an apology is needed, I would give it.

This totally wasn't the thread for this.... So sorry and pm if you want my opinion.

-Jake Hanhardt-
    JHRacing.net

turt mcgurt - zenki master TURTLE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TopStreetDsm View Post
    There were as many good things as bad things.

Where I started: (edit for length)

This totally wasn't the thread for this.... So sorry and pm if you want my opinion.

-Jake Hanhardt-
    i never knew the whole backstory, but i did get into your shop in butler for some things and to get some questions answered on turbo'ing my neon at one point.

from what i know you're a stand up guy, and i wish you the best of luck in your future endevours!
    -josh

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt

so moral of the story is that if you had all the good sack hair swingers like bee does then youd be better off?
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

mitsmattalution
    I know it has been a while since this thread has been replied to but after Jake's touching story I feel I have to speak out. I will be starting a nice thread on Jake and his "worksmanship" in a couple days so be on the lookout for it.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    ^^
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    i heard they work great for neons but they are an epic fail for for base model cobalts.. " you lose all your dash functions...