Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ~ Mega Squirt ~

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...0f7&board=11.0

reas up on there, youll see that guys running deep into the single digits love it.

sorry Brandy, i just cant stand DSMs and most of their owners- but its just my opinion
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon W. View Post
    to be honest.. Majority of DSM owners are very smart. typical self centered closed minded idiot..its ok.
    if they were so smart they wouldnt be building DSMs
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

Brandon W.
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...0f7&board=11.0

reas up on there, youll see that guys running deep into the single digits love it.

sorry Brandy, i just cant stand DSMs and most of their owners- but its just my opinion
    whatever..i wouldnt use it..and i dont care if you hate DSM's..but dont sit here and act like an ass too me.

turt mcgurt - zenki master TURTLE's Avatar
    the nice thing about the neon kit is you can get it PROFESSIONALLY ASSEMBLED!!!! no soldering needed...

i'll be getting one when i decide to turbo my car... when i have a car... i know quite a few REALLY fast neon owners(yes, i know a fast neon is a laughing matter) that use the system and swear by it until they can afford the $3k price tag on the AEM unit... $500 standalone FTMFW!
    -josh

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
    the nice thing about the neon kit is you can get it PROFESSIONALLY ASSEMBLED!!!! no soldering needed...

i'll be getting one when i decide to turbo my car... when i have a car... i know quite a few REALLY fast neon owners(yes, i know a fast neon is a laughing matter) that use the system and swear by it until they can afford the $3k price tag on the AEM unit... $500 standalone FTMFW!
    I like it... its cheap and works good...

as with any EMS you need to have it setup correctly and tuned correctly. There are a lot of people out there that shouldnt even try to tune or setup any one of these EMS's. Everyone always hears the bad side of every system, because its usually the operaters OWN FVCKIN ERROR!

why pay 3times as much for a AEM setup when you can get a system that works just as good for a 1/3 of the price....
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

wow..because of the MegaSquirt incedents ive seen..solder run, literally saw a box start on fire. so i post that i wouldnt use it..and i get flamed...get bent. kiss my ass
    LOL!!!! It's not your opinion that's crap, it's your LOGIC!

"[I] literally saw a box start on fire." So it must be junk? I saw a Chevy on fire once. Does it mean the Chevy's are junk?

I mean, if you said you didn't like its interface or software or something, that's fine, that's tangible.... that is an opinon. Get a clue dude.

For those that have or have used Mega Squirt are there any local Dyno / speed shops that are familiar with it.

I can get a base tune map that will most likely run rich and a decent idle but I would rather jump on a dyno and hash out the spec's with a decent AF ratio, Id rather run a bit on the rich side then mean and lean..................
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

Quote Originally Posted by awsomeears View Post
    For those that have or have used Mega Squirt are there any local Dyno / speed shops that are familiar with it.

I can get a base tune map that will most likely run rich and a decent idle but I would rather jump on a dyno and hash out the spec's with a decent AF ratio, Id rather run a bit on the rich side then mean and lean..................
    would like to know the same thing if i went this route, from what i remember there were a few shops in northern IL that have played with it but never looked into it further.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

place in greenbay few boosted v6 probes are getting there shit tunned there when it gets done.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Quote Originally Posted by HY35F2T View Post
    place in greenbay few boosted v6 probes are getting there shit tunned there when it gets done.
    Are you talking about beyond racing ?

Buddy of mine lives up there and recommends the place
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

- More naked bitches

I used to use the MegaSquirt (MS II) on a turbo mud truck I had. The thing took some getting used to, but in the end worked very nicely. The two biggest things to consider with MS:

-Someone hand assembles every box. Meaning, there is no underlying company to watch quality control. It started out as a couple of computer geeks that were showing you what... and where you needed to get components to MAKE IT YOURSELF. I bought the one I have been using on ebay, preassembled, and have had good luck.

-The second is that the software support is not there like it could be, and is with most other stanealone manufactures.

Where AEM and Haltech did a good job over Electimotive, MegaSquirt, Motech, ect... Is they spend a ton of time and effort making them user friendly. At this point, the amount of people who actually know what they are doing with an AEM (for example) is overwhelming.

Jake H
    JHRacing.net

Those Who Say It Can't Be Done.... Shouldn't Fu(k With The Guy Who's Doing It!

Beeyond Engineering
    to be honest.. Majority of DSM owners are very smart. typical self centered closed minded idiot..its ok.

Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

Beeyond Engineering
    seen and dealt with ms on our dyno ........... not at all user friendly although not hard to get used to either. heard there were DYI MS kits....these kits are probably the ones that got burnt up due to human/customer error where soldering and little nick/nacks are envolved. MS works, but is there anyone in the area that have perfected it in every aspect.... i'd have to say "NO" for now until I see it in use on a true daily driven decent powered car.

if you get your car MSed and running...can shops around the area tune it? yes if they have experience with standalone ems and if you can make connection to MS via laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    until I see it in use on a true daily driven decent powered car.
    www.MSEFI.com

Tell those guys what you think about it working or not working on a daily driven car.

shameless self-promotion....

Back on topic:

The only thing that you have to get used to, is that you're batch firing injectors, and the software.

-The software (like anything else) takes getting used to.

-Fuel will be sitting at the back of the valves on alternate strokes.

Neither of these things should be real reasons why it couldn't be used on a daily driver or on a 1000+ hp car. Many EFI setups batch fire injectors and there are SEVERAL examples of high hp cars with fuel at the back of the valve before the intake stroke. Just as an example... Ohh I don't know... Every carburated engine ever.

Personally, I would like to see the software develop further. Then this could be a killer standalone.

2 cents..
    JHRacing.net

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    but is there anyone in the area that have perfected it in every aspect.... i'd have to say "NO" for now until I see it in use on a true daily driven decent powered car.
    top street if your going to try and turn this into a ***** match, go ahead, but i think you may have misunderstoood what he was trying to say.
    00 cbr 929 RR

I think you are just taking it to negitively.

Just because I disagree, does not make my intention negitive. Take it how you will though.
    JHRacing.net

turt mcgurt - zenki master TURTLE's Avatar
    i know of a 300whp neon on e85... in the area... on MS...
    -josh

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
    i know of a 300whp neon on e85... in the area... on MS...
    Stock motor to from what I have read, I think he finally popped it but thats very impressive
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

- More naked bitches

I like Alcoholic engines!
    JHRacing.net

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by TopStreetDsm View Post
    www.MSEFI.com

Tell those guys what you think about it working or not working on a daily driven car.

shameless self-promotion....

Back on topic:

The only thing that you have to get used to, is that you're batch firing injectors, and the software.

-The software (like anything else) takes getting used to.

-Fuel will be sitting at the back of the valves on alternate strokes.

Neither of these things should be real reasons why it couldn't be used on a daily driver or on a 1000+ hp car. Many EFI setups batch fire injectors and there are SEVERAL examples of high hp cars with fuel at the back of the valve before the intake stroke. Just as an example... Ohh I don't know... Every carburated engine ever.

Personally, I would like to see the software develop further. Then this could be a killer standalone.

2 cents..

LOL haha SLMAO funny people
    Last edited by Bee; 02-10-2008 at 10:24 AM.