snowmobile track problem

some of you might remember I had a problem with the track on my junk 1988 Polaris ratcheting.....the track tension bolts were bent causing the back wheels to slide forward, thus loosening the track. Fixed that problem last week with new bolts.
    Today I took the sled out for the first time since fixing it, and within 1 minute the new bolts bent again and the track is looser than ever!
    Any idea what's going on?!?! I used regular carriage bolts because I couldnt get my hands on 5 inch long hex bolts that were threaded all the way.

try going to a dealer and getting some bolts or try grade 8's. also, are u tightening the bolts on the outside of the rear bogie wheels? still dont think u should have a problem though. also check every bolt in the rear suspension and make sure nothing is broken, loose worn, out, ect. my old xlt had a problem ratcheting the track and it ended up have a broken bolt for one of the arms that caused the suspension to collapse and then ratchet the track. maybe take a pick so it might be easier to diagnose.

Clinton
    70 challenger- JUST SITTING
    63 Dodge polara- 588 HEMI-1101 rwhp & 1090 rwtq. 8.07 @ 168
    99 Ram 4x4- slow DD
    The toys- 08 Polaris IQR 600RR and Polaris Predator 500 Cross Country

those need to be a good quality bolt,there is alot of leverage back there.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

took your advise and picked up some grade 8 bolts from Fastenal, threw em in today and the sled ran mint!
    thanks guys!