Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool race vid

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up 03Cobra w/ Bolt-ons vs. E55AMG (VID)

Here's a bad a$$ video....I love the blower whine.

03 Cobra w/ bolt-ons vs. Stock O3 E55 AMG
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 09-08-2003 at 03:38 PM.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Cobra got owned by that benzy.

Milw96Cobra
    Watching the vid right now....

paused right after the dyno on the 03 cobra....

452rwhp isnt much for those mods.... someone needs to tune that diablo chip MUCH better. There are Cobras making 500rwhp with the same mods.

Bone stock E55 huh? Where's the open hood engine shot... and not just an internet jpeg... hmmm...

Now watching the launches on round 2

Hmmm, Cobra driver cant drive for ****, looks like he spun a good second before he even moved 5 feet.

Now taking things into comparison

Cobra :
    4.6L DOHC V8 Supercharged
    390hp 390Tq.... modded to 452rwhp
    Weight - 3780lbs
    .119 HP/Weight ratio

E55 AMG : (Stock)

5.4L V8 Supercharged
    469hp 516tq.... assuming 12% drivetrain loss, it would put down 413whp
    Weight - 3857lbs
    .121 HP/Weight ratio

So as you can see here... it looks to be a very even match.... and would only come down to whose the better driver. And obviously, the AMG driver was better, considering the Cobra choked on the launches.... which therefore results in the Cobra losing.

But see you can buy the AMG right off the showroom floor and will pounce on the modded Cobra granted the launch problems are a factor. However the German engineering and technology prevails. It appears most of the launches were fairly even pulled and the Benz really put it on the Cobra up top it looks. I wish i had boxes of money in my basment to have one of those as a toy and street race it

Prince valiant has gotta be proud of that bad boy considering the fact Benz is a Chrysler product

Tom B
    Last edited by BADDLS1SS; 09-09-2003 at 02:06 PM.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

F@rk that is sweet!! Isnt it named DAIMLER-Chrysler? With Mercedes owning Chrysler?

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Originally posted by Milw96Cobra
    Watching the vid right now....

paused right after the dyno on the 03 cobra....

452rwhp isnt much for those mods.... someone needs to tune that diablo chip MUCH better. There are Cobras making 500rwhp with the same mods.

Bone stock E55 huh? Where's the open hood engine shot... and not just an internet jpeg... hmmm...

Now watching the launches on round 2

Hmmm, Cobra driver cant drive for ****, looks like he spun a good second before he even moved 5 feet.

Cobra :
    Weight - 3780lbs
    .119 HP/Weight ratio

5.4L V8 Supercharged
    Weight - 3857lbs
    .121 HP/Weight ratio

So as you can see here... it looks to be a very even match.... and would only come down to whose the better driver. And obviously, the AMG driver was better, considering the Cobra choked on the launches.... which therefore results in the Cobra losing.
    Wow so defensive. Can't you just except the fact that a mustang got Own3d in a race and let it go. Not all mustangs are fast.

Originally posted by Milw96Cobra

Cobra :
    Weight - 3780lbs
    .119 HP/Weight ratio

5.4L V8 Supercharged
    Weight - 3857lbs
    .121 HP/Weight ratio

You got some "fuzzy" math going on there bud. The Cobra hp/weight ratio is based on rwhp/weight(452/3780=.119) but the AMG hp/weight ratio is based on fwhp not rwhp(469/3857=.121), if you make your calculations fair then you would have (413/3857=.107) meaning the AMG has less hp.
    Cobra got OWN3D

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    haha....yes, I like mercedes...in a distant cousin kind of way though. I guess I'm going to have to like them more as you start to see more of a crossover and technology sharing occur b/w the two (see chyrsler crossfire)

But my guess would be the big merc is stock as they run a good mid-12's right off the stinking showroom floor.

I'm going to start looking for rich old women....
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Originally posted by Prince Valiant
    I'm going to start looking for rich old women....
    Keep in mind the story you told myself and Scot about the 80 Year old. I think you know were to go

Milw96Cobra
    Originally posted by Silver350
    Wow so defensive. Can't you just except the fact that a mustang got Own3d in a race and let it go. Not all mustangs are fast.
    Cobra got owned in the race yes... but how about this for consideration....

That cobra... plus mods costed at most $37,000.
    Whereas the AMG costs upwards around $75,000.

Yoo, I just noticed that myself, sorry for the error. But still, the HP/Weight ratios still are not that far off..... take into consideration of the Cobra having a shitty driver, and the results are still the same.

Well were are talking performance stock for stock, well in this case stock for modded not price comparos. But i do love the $3,000 Gas guzzler tax the Cobra has attached to it.

But this looks like another heated discussion perculating.

Tom B

Great vid, 2 awesome cars! Personally, I would like to own both, but I now know which one I would take to the track though

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Silver350
    Keep in mind the story you told myself and Scot about the 80 Year old. I think you know were to go
    I'll take care of her

dude....no i can't need too much
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Yeah the cobra lost regardless of numbers, ratios, drivers, terrain, gremlins, etc. But the way I look at it, if you're spending THAT kind of coin on performance, it had better hand the "budget" cobra it's ass in all aspects, or else what the hell was the point?

Blog Entries
    People purchase cars like that for performance and luxury though. Add to it prestige...and viola', merc's AMG's, BMW M series, et al.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Originally posted by animal
    it had better hand the "budget" cobra it's ass in all aspects
    Is that not what I just said?

Blog Entries
    Yep, and here's what I just said...

People purchase cars like that for performance and luxury though. Add to it prestige...and viola', merc's AMG's, BMW M series, et al.

1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

BCM sponsor
    Nice!! Not only did the AMG OWN the Cobra, chicks dig those cars much better too. Now, if only I could afford one!!!

2008 Subabru Outback XT - Grocery Getter
    1964 Chevy BelAir 327 4-speed on Bags

Yep, and here's what I just said...

So wtf were you contesting or were you just restating the obvious?

I said all aspects. This would include: performance, luxury, prestige (though so subjective it could be argued either way), and whatever the hell else is incorporated under "all" besides the obvious price.

Well i wonder when fukes will get one of those hot rods?
    Then we can see how they operate in person!!

Tom B