Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by 73Dustr View Post
    Chris, I have to agree with Tony on the XDs. I purchased one of his .40 XDs last year, and I love the gun! It's a great gun especially for someone getting started. It's easy to break down, and they are reasonably priced. I was skeptical of the accuracy seeing as how it did not have adjustable sights, but the 5" tactical is very accurate. Kimbers are also amazing, but they are a hell of a lot more expensive, many used ones are $800 and up depending on what model.

As for handgun caliber, I would strongly suggest not going with a 9mm. I think you would be better off going with a .40. 9mm's do not have as much knockdown as the .40S&W. Especially if it going to double as self defense gun, I'd definitely go with something that if you shoot an intruder, they are going to stay down. With .40S&W, you can still get 50 round boxes of Winchester FMJ for $10-15. As for a home defense round, definitely go with the Federal JHP, hands down. The .40 still packs a punch, but doesn't hit the wallet hard like the 45 ACP.

Exactly....

Is anyone in to shooting rifles or are most of you handgun fellas?

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    I'm building up an AR15. Right now just have stuff ordered and waiting for it to come in. At that point I'm hoping to do both Want to do an AR10 after that in a SPR type build/modify.

What's up Dan? How's life?

I haven't doubted anything on the XD's. That is my primary choice. I went and talked to Dale at the Sportsman Warehouse here in New Berlin. Dude was AWESOME to talk to. Just had a ton of information and was showing me the plus and minus' of all the handguns. Showed how simple they were to break down to clean. He had the XD apart in like 5 seconds, hahaa.

I'm probably gonna stick with the 9mm since it's more of a plinker than a home defense weapon. My neighborhood is pretty safe since it's Muskego, haha. When the time comes for the house build/purchase, then I would start looking at a home defense weapon.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EYED View Post
    Is anyone in to shooting rifles or are most of you handgun fellas?

Rem 700LTR
    HK PSG1

I used to do long range competition shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    Rem 700LTR
    HK PSG1

I used to do long range competition shooting.

Pics?

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    Pics?

Come over and dig through the gun safe...

One day I have a feeling I'm gonna, hahaha. Those would be two dream guns to own. Especially the PSG1

Breecher_7
    One day I have a feeling I'm gonna, hahaha. Those would be two dream guns to own. Especially the PSG1
    700LTR is easily attainable by the general public, badger usually has atleast 1 in stock at around $800 or less.

The PSG1 on the other hand is pretty hard to get by joe shmo and carries a hefty price tag.

Senior Member..now yer posting! 73Dustr's Avatar
    I'm building up an AR15. Right now just have stuff ordered and waiting for it to come in. At that point I'm hoping to do both Want to do an AR10 after that in a SPR type build/modify.

What's up Dan? How's life?

I haven't doubted anything on the XD's. That is my primary choice. I went and talked to Dale at the Sportsman Warehouse here in New Berlin. Dude was AWESOME to talk to. Just had a ton of information and was showing me the plus and minus' of all the handguns. Showed how simple they were to break down to clean. He had the XD apart in like 5 seconds, hahaa.

I'm probably gonna stick with the 9mm since it's more of a plinker than a home defense weapon. My neighborhood is pretty safe since it's Muskego, haha. When the time comes for the house build/purchase, then I would start looking at a home defense weapon.

Same old, same old. I don't know Chris, I heard Muskego is getting pretty bad . Whatever caliber you get, I think you will be satisfied with the XD both for price and quality. I think they are hell of a lot better than Glocks. I don't know how many rounds I have had through mine and it has not jammed on me once. I'm sure other XD owners can attest to that. I think we should arrange a BCM shoot in spring at one of the ranges. I know it was talked about last summer, but I don't know if it ever went through. We definitely have enough guys that would go.

Group outing would be cool. Maybe have a whole "picnic" type setting where everyone brings something. Those were always cool when we did big paintball outings with a couple of groups of friends

I just have to decide if I want a A2 or A4 AR-10.....
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderPSI View Post
    I just have to decide if I want a A2 or A4 AR-10.....

Personally I like the A4

That's the way I was leaning, That's how my first one was. Now, 16 or 20 inch barrel. I am leaning twards 20 again.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

A4

Here's what I'd like mine to look like at some point. Just switch the suppressor for a FH to get the big bang at the range hahaha

Breecher_7
    Id go with the 20" with a .308 rnd. Its a good choice. Chris if you would like to fire a gun with a supressor let me know, we can go shooting some time, I have a setup like that for my M4.

Yeah, I'm sure this summer there will be alot of trips and loaded vehicles, haha.

I'd actually like shooting WITHOUT it for the most part. But of course would love to hear it WITH one atleast once in my life.

drooooool

Last edited by Crawlin; 01-19-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Breecher_7
    Suppressor with auto sounds pretty cool.

ok, so yeah, i would love to shoot THAT at some point in my life, haha