Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So a question about guns....

Let's say I wanted to keep a small gun in my vehicle for safety purposes. I am a girl and get scared very easily in bad situations and wouldn't mind the extra comfort, even though I hate guns. What are the laws against that for WI?

Probably will never happen, but as I was driving in the thick fog tonight, I was getting freaked out enough.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

people who get freaked out easy tend to make bad bad gun owners..... I believe a gun in your car would be considered a concealed weapon and illegal......but others know more no doubt
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wisconsin's so backwards with regard to conceal/carry, I wouldn't even know in this particular case.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    a gun can be in the car in a case unloaded and out of the reach of the driver just like transporting a gun to a range or for hunting. carry a small bat you have less issues with the law

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Do NOT DO IT.....if you are easily spooked you have NO busnuess near a weapon like that. Besides being illegal (assuming weapon is within reach with ammo near by for intended use as a personal defense weapon..........flashing an unloaded firearm at someone can be dangerous for you as well, theirs might not be). Not to rain on your parade, but get mace or something. Shooting someone accidentally would suck, shooting someone in a justified situation will also leave many questions for the police to ask, like why did she have a concealed firearm when this is against the law currently.
    people who are easily spooked should not carry a firearm, many bad things can happen.
    use a level head when shooting, as it is as bad as going to the range or hunting after smokin crack rocks.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Boost21's Avatar
    A nice mag light fits under the seat if you want a little comfort. Also pepper spray fits nicely in door pockets

Breecher_7
    Gun must be cased and out of reach as said earlier.

Ammunition cannot be with the gun and needs to be in a seperate "compartment"

Legally you can keep the gun in your back seat cased and a loaded magazine in your glove box or center councel.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Let's say I wanted to keep a small gun in my vehicle for safety purposes. I am a girl and get scared very easily in bad situations and wouldn't mind the extra comfort, even though I hate guns. What are the laws against that for WI?

Probably will never happen, but as I was driving in the thick fog tonight, I was getting freaked out enough.
    If you ever want to go shooting, I have an array of weaponary, and my private range is like 5 minutes from my house. You should be comfortable around weapons before even considering carrying one around. Doesn't Adam have any guns? Again, if you are actually considering this, bring Adam and lets go out and shoot different guns and get you acclimated to the whole firearm scene, you can make and informed choice from there.

I'll just get a few extra bottles of mace and be set. I hate guns to begin with and don't ever planning on living in the same building as one.

I was just curious on what the laws were in this state. I freak myself out all the time - I'm always "what if a guy jumped out of the woods and tried to get in my car and I am in the middle of nowhere (as most of the places I go to are)". I've probably worn out the lock button on my car, even though all the doors automatically lock when I start driving. I'm just an idiot, but that's okay. (:

Thanks for letting me know and answering my questions!
    --Michelle--

Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Like the others said, there's no LEGAL way to USEFULLY carry a gun in your car.

Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar
    I wanted to keep a small gun in my vehicle for safety purposes. .
    I hate guns. .

I hate guns to begin with and don't ever planning on living in the same building as one.
    This makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE1108 View Post
    This makes no sense.
    I know it doesn't. I was actually warming up to the idea of being okay with guns, but upon further thought, it's a big no. I haven't been around guns much my whole life, as nobody close to me hunts or even has one, so I am just not very comfortable with them.

Water gun, yes. Real gun, no.
    --Michelle--

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EYED View Post

Unless you have a federal concealed carry permit

Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar
    I know it doesn't. I was actually warming up to the idea of being okay with guns, but upon further thought, it's a big no. I haven't been around guns much my whole life, as nobody close to me hunts or even has one, so I am just not very comfortable with them.

Water gun, yes. Real gun, no.

Why is it a big no? Go ahead and take Stanman up on his offer. I would make the same offer, but I'm in South Carolina. If you think a firearm could be usefull to you and you are capable of being a responsible firearm owner, what is it going to hurt to experience something you never have before? Don't base your decision on having no experience with something you know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    If you ever want to go shooting, I have an array of weaponary, and my private range is like 5 minutes from my house. You should be comfortable around weapons before even considering carrying one around. Doesn't Adam have any guns? Again, if you are actually considering this, bring Adam and lets go out and shoot different guns and get you acclimated to the whole firearm scene, you can make and informed choice from there.
    *sniff* *sniff * *sniff* Hmmm smells like a BCM range day

Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Quote Originally Posted by 4EYED View Post
    Unless you're an LEO
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

America... **** YEAH! Knyghtmare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    *sniff* *sniff * *sniff* Hmmm smells like a BCM range day

Thats a good idea.
    -Tyler

Don't drink and Post!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAzzGTA89
    I just hope you don't want a Knyghtmare in your street dreams
    1991 Camaro, LS1 Powered -- 2000 Silverado 1500

Quote Originally Posted by Knyghtmare View Post
    Thats a good idea.
    I can take people 2 at a time to my range. (Menomonee Falls Rod and Gun Club) It's private, and they have VERY nice facilities!!!

Is it going to be like this?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/877795...shooting_guns/

And yes, I know what kind of car they are shooting at.......
    --Michelle--

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Is it going to be like this?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/877795...shooting_guns/

And yes, I know what kind of car they are shooting at.......

1968 Camaro 383