Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeesTwinEG View Post
    Just wondering if anyone is doing any new project for 08??

also, anyone entering Pro-Fwd class?
    Any word on my Cousin Kyles black civic hatch Si?

havnt talked to him inawhile, i know hes got shit ton of parts sitting around, just dont know if anythings happening
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

For Sale - Enkei Kojin 18x8.5 5x114.3 +35 wheels/Hankook tires

PS3 tage: DSMDuDE

I'm doing a project for 08... Hopefully will be done in time for when the snow melts.

Quote Originally Posted by ND4SPD View Post
    I'm doing a project for 08... Hopefully will be done in time for when the snow melts.
    whatcha doing?
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Going to bump up the horsepower in my Supra a little bit. Going to ditch the stock twins in lieu of a single turbo.

Going to bump up the horsepower in my Supra a little bit. Going to ditch the stock twins in lieu of a single turbo.
    SPY PHOTO!!

JK MAN!!

Hmmm what turbo you going with?
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Something small, maybe a PT67 or PT71... not looking to make my car a dyno queen... yet.

Something small, maybe a PT67 or PT71... not looking to make my car a dyno queen... yet.
    ahhh ic yeah im starting with something small to just a hy35 on my motor.Then maybe something bigger if i find what i like.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Presicion turbos ave gone down hill. Put a GT40R on it if you want a good turbo that makes power, is reliable, and drives well.

Fuel Systems Inc: 800.236.3835

They are local and have good prices.
    JHRacing.net

Those Who Say It Can't Be Done.... Shouldn't Fu(k With The Guy Who's Doing It!

i hear theres a new gtr series turbo something bigger then a gt47r lol.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Quote Originally Posted by TopStreetDsm View Post
    Presicion turbos ave gone down hill. Put a GT40R on it if you want a good turbo that makes power, is reliable, and drives well.

Fuel Systems Inc: 800.236.3835

They are local and have good prices.
    I don't know if it's going to a Precision for sure or not... I'm going through Sound Performance down in the Chi-Town area so technically it'll be an "SP" not a "PT" or "T". They are well respected in the Supra community and they're pretty much the closest major Supra-specific shop in the country. I know they sell Garrett turbos, but they're going to cost more than I'd like to spend at this point. Hell, I'm already running over budget and the ball's just barely started rolling as it is.

SP turbos are Precision turbos last I heard. Just like a BR580 is the same as a SCM60 is the same as a 60trim or a SBR turbo. When you break down who is actually making them, you will come up with a short list reguardless of who is selling them.

SP is a good shop no doubt, but there are plenty of other supra shops in the county. If you have a fairly stock supra and want to get quick on a budget... Turbos are not what you should be looking into. Just a properly setup AEM and a set of slicks would get that thing moving.

Just My 2 Cents
    JHRacing.net

Post whore
    GTK turbos are the shit get one, Im gonna eventually

think i would listen to jake then the neon guy.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Well, the Supra was stock when I bought it, but that was... five years and 20,000 miles ago I think? Anyway, I'm looking into a ProEFI instead of the AEM. Sounds like the ProEFI is really going to usher in a new generation of standalone ecus. I guess we'll see soon enough but they sound *very* promising.

Yes, properly set up slicks and skinnies would get me into the 11s with my car's current level of modification, no question about it... but there's also more to life than the first quarter mile. Besides, if I'd wanted a straight up drag car I would've bought an automatic.

Don't let the post count fool you... I've been on here probably a year now but apparently my account got pruned for inactivity late last year.

I dont think that post count has anything to do with it. Also, the auto is probably your advantage in a supra (as far as the quarter mile goes). You have the power and the torque to launch the thing with an auto. Many of the imports out there dont. The AEM allows so much control over your ignition and so forth, that it really could get you off the line. (Even on the street). Im not talking about the "that felt good" kinda launch.

Driving an auto, and not being simply about the 1/4 mile... I doubt you are much into road racing... Are you building a flying mile car? Or are you just assuming that I am only about drag racing?

Please dont think that I am trying to give you a hard time, just my opinion. Hopefully its helpful to you.

Jake
    JHRacing.net

Forgot one question...

What about the ProEFI system sounds so promising? Do you have a link to their site?
    JHRacing.net

Forgot one question...

What about the ProEFI system sounds so promising? Do you have a link to their site?
    Here ya go.

http://www.sound-performance.com/for...anagement.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

No, no... the car is a six-speed. I just like driving stick, even if it means I have to deal with hellacious wheelspin. My point about the post count was simply trying to point out to those that met me before and/or knew me through the forum that it's the same guy.

The link Flicktitty posted is probably the best info about the ProEFI as they don't have their website up, but basically it was designed by Jason Siebels who, as I understand it, designed the AEM.

I dont think that post count has anything to do with it. Also, the auto is probably your advantage in a supra (as far as the quarter mile goes). You have the power and the torque to launch the thing with an auto. Many of the imports out there dont. The AEM allows so much control over your ignition and so forth, that it really could get you off the line. (Even on the street). Im not talking about the "that felt good" kinda launch.

Driving an auto, and not being simply about the 1/4 mile... I doubt you are much into road racing... Are you building a flying mile car? Or are you just assuming that I am only about drag racing?

Please dont think that I am trying to give you a hard time, just my opinion. Hopefully its helpful to you.

Jake

I'm doing a CA18det swap in my 240SX
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net