Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar
    Nice! What grade are those? Shoot 'em yet?

NICE...

2 years ago i got a springfield 1911, befor that i got a CZ-85.

when i can afford it..(ya right, i should just re-enlist) i want a M1A\M40A1

Chris

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    service grade SA M-1s.

on another note...i want a m-1a, but as an M-14 clone. just wish the new m-1a's were forged steel, f'n should be for the $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by MurphysLaw88GT View Post
    service grade SA M-1s.

on another note...i want a m-1a, but as an M-14 clone. just wish the new m-1a's were forged steel, f'n should be for the $$$$
    You will not wear out a cast receiver. Never. If you did, Springfield has the best costomer service/warranty out there. If you were dead set on a forged receiver, the cheapest way to go is with a Chinese/Chicom/Norinco M14 which is forged. Or if you want new made in USA, LRB makes them along with Fulton Armory. M1A/M14's are expensive, but well worth it! Nothing feels/shoots like that.

Very nice looking.
    So.. when we hitting the range
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE1108 View Post
    You will not wear out a cast receiver. Never. If you did, Springfield has the best costomer service/warranty out there. If you were dead set on a forged receiver, the cheapest way to go is with a Chinese/Chicom/Norinco M14 which is forged. Or if you want new made in USA, LRB makes them along with Fulton Armory. M1A/M14's are expensive, but well worth it! Nothing feels/shoots like that.
    yes.....i love the garand....and I KNOW I will love an M-14 clone

We need to get some good after shots now that they are cleaned up!

Stock bottom end H/C LT1 404RWHP

service grade SA M-1s.

Springfeilds are.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Taetsch Z-24 View Post
    Springfeilds are.

Chris
    Not the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE1108 View Post
    Not the new ones.
    quoted for truth. government produced M-14's ARE.......M-1A's (m-14 clone offered new thru sprinfield armory) are NOT. However, some early M1A's were made with NOS USGI parts I believe (correct me if I am wrong)

On a side note "Springfield Armory" that you can buy today is not the springfield that had designed & produced military firearms. The Springfield Armory in Springfield Mass. was closed by the DoD in '68 and is now a National park or some damn thing. Rob Reese started a company called Springfield Armory in 1974 and is the one manufacturing firearms under that name currently. Good guns tho....

I want the Fulton Armory M-14 clone but it is quite spendy........2500$ a little more with certain options

smith enterprises also.....
    Last edited by MurphysLaw88GT; 12-26-2007 at 11:40 PM.

quoted for truth. government produced M-14's ARE.......M-1A's (m-14 clone offered new thru sprinfield armory) are NOT. However, some early M1A's were made with NOS USGI parts I believe (correct me if I am wrong)

On a side note "Springfield Armory" that you can buy today is not the springfield that had designed & produced military firearms. The Springfield Armory in Springfield Mass. was closed by the DoD in '68 and is now a National park or some damn thing. Rob Reese started a company called Springfield Armory in 1974 and is the one manufacturing firearms under that name currently. Good guns tho....

I want the Fulton Armory M-14 clone but it is quite spendy........2500$ a little more with certain options

smith enterprises also.....
    Quoted again for more truth!

Hm, my fathers M1A is, but it was ordered (super match) in 1987, maybe that’s why. The M14 I used as a DM rifle for SRT still had the sector on it.

Fun times.

Chris

You might be thinking of USGI parts, Springfield Armory ran out of those a few years ago so the new production rifles have Springfield manufactured parts. A 1987 M1a would most definitely be filled with USGI goodies, and that's a good thing. S.A. began production of M1a's in 1973 and have always produced and used their own cast receivers, none are forged.
    Last edited by USMARINE1108; 12-28-2007 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taetsch Z-24 View Post
    Hm, my fathers M1A is, but it was ordered (super match) in 1987, maybe that’s why. The M14 I used as a DM rifle for SRT still had the sector on it.

Fun times.

Chris
    post pics

I shot the M-1 last weekend. Also, we shot a 91/30 of mine and the thing got hot enuf as to where the crappy shellac peeled right off the whole handguard and stock. I took the old shellac off with Formby's and then re-applied amber shellac and the thing looks bitchin. I love Mosins, and I am glad they are sooo cheap. This weekend I plan on picking up another crate of 7.62x54R Russian lead core light ball. I found a hardware store selling it for a hundred bucks a crate on labor day last year. Gunna get more

I shot the M-1 last weekend. Also, we shot a 91/30 of mine and the thing got hot enuf as to where the crappy shellac peeled right off the whole handguard and stock. I took the old shellac off with Formby's and then re-applied amber shellac and the thing looks bitchin. I love Mosins, and I am glad they are sooo cheap. This weekend I plan on picking up another crate of 7.62x54R Russian lead core light ball. I found a hardware store selling it for a hundred bucks a crate on labor day last year. Gunna get more
    http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm

Mosin's FTW! By far the best "bang for the buck" plinker out there. A big crowd pleaser.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/R...ight_Ball.html
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Senior Member..now yer posting! 73Dustr's Avatar
    Does a scoped SKS count? I know it's no Mosin, but it's still fun to take the range and it's cheap to shoot.

wandering zero like a m 'effer

Senior Member..now yer posting! 73Dustr's Avatar
    wandering zero like a m 'effer
    Well, when I first got it, it had the scope mounted on the rear dust cover on the top of the receiver. That was useless. I then bought a mount that replaced the rear sight. That made a huge difference. Don't get me wrong, it's still anything but a tack driver. A good group would probably be a 5 shot group within 4-5 inches. It looks mean with the Fiberforce stock, but that's all it really has going for it. It's my "ricer" gun; all show and no go.