Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import Wars #4

Damn Tim 10.4's that's fast

Great work

___________Rob L.___________

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    The fastest was Neither --

A 1969 Mazda R100 was doing 8.1's!! I never saw the car before, but it freaking moved!

Efrain was doing 8.7's, and Flavio was having issues going faster than 8.9's.
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Quote Originally Posted by twicks69 View Post
    A 1969 Mazda R100 was doing 8.1's!! I never saw the car before, but it freaking moved! .
    8.1 WOW! That would have to be the new fastest of the quick 8.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

BCM Cruiser
    i want to see him run against the top of the list on bcm!!!

i missed it. i was helping a buddy do some shit with his teggy and didn't get done till 9ish so we just went out driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

Nice day for every one huh? i was there nice run Tim your 60ft was sweet.

BtW- i saw that RED thing run holly shietetete 8.1
    Not Fast and Furious enough........

Beeyond Engineering
    hey what about that little white honda civic hb that did 11.4s on yet another stock block............. yes it was also full interior/seats/stereo/ etc etc.....

Yeah we brought out another addition of a true street honda full interior 11sec car. And yes it was on a stock block with 4 SRP pistons. Very basic build yet approaching 10sec

beginning of this setup's story was--- Saturday morning I came in at 9am looked over everything, popped in a new set of plugs, hooked up the standalone efi tuning unit, and strapped it on the dyno... barely made over 300whp on good tuning(awesome mid-range power of course)... Did 2 brake jobs, 2 muffler jobs, 4 oil changes, 1 altenator job in our general repair division and finally left to go racing......got at the track at 3:30pm and did a couple test runs for datalogging purposes. Near the end of the night we did 11.4@122mph with a RICH topend bogging on and off...... conditions totally changed compared to my 9am tune...hehe
    but i managed to get it to do ok........ some more tweaks should bring this little civic into the 10's......

nah i'll leave this 11sec stock block alone for now... gotta work on another one this friday...going for a sure 10sec setup.....

my personal street turbo car has been terminated in favor of something else!!!
    Last edited by Bee; 07-23-2007 at 03:11 PM.
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

Beeyond Engineering
    BTW Tim's car was one wicked animal..... much respect to the 4g powerplant and whatever tranny he was using!!! 10.4 pass was awesome...
    good runing to all as well... overall a nice day of racing.. despite all the carnages!!!

And if any of you guys saw that blue corolla RWD with our badge on the back...yes we do sponsor that car. 1st time beeyond has ever seen the RWD world. Car is fully tuned with a 4g motor. At low boost it has already turned in decent dyno numbers. After the launch it gets flooded and then cleans up. This is the 1st time it came out... When this setup is dialed in, it will be a good contender in Frantic 7.....
    Last edited by Bee; 07-23-2007 at 03:05 PM.

what a good day everyone!!!!!!!!!!

LIKE I SAID...

PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!

I was the one jumping around when bee ran 11.4 @ 122mph.

Hopefully my car will get done by next RSD or Import WARS!!!!!
    Personal Best - 10.4 @ 140mph(110oct)2010
    10.9 @ 130mph (92oct) 2010
    10.004@154mph 2012. & still need driving lessons
    BEEyond ENG>>
    Special thanks to Bee/Beeyond Engineering. Waldo, Henry, and the crew!

Just some slow stock shit! scaleracer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twicks69 View Post
    Other than that; I was having traction issues all night and was only doing 10.4's to 10.6's. I did pull some 139mph traps though.

My 60' were 1.5 to 1.6 all night, but I was wheelspinning hard in 1st and into 2nd.

Oh well, better luck next time.
    they didn't set the track on kill because all the imports with street tires would make bald spots anyway and nice to meet you and your acr is awesome i'm very impressed and it's street driven just air up the tires and go plus a 45 minute drive!!
    Last edited by scaleracer; 07-23-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scaleracer View Post
    they didn't set the track on kill because all the imports with street tires would make bald spots anyway and nice to meet you and your acr is awesome i'm very impressed and it's street driven just air up the tires and go plus a 45 minute drive!!
    heh heh... That is right!! I ended up driving back home, picking up some Taco Bell, stopping by Culvers, and having a little fun with a Porsche 911 GT3 (see sightings forum) all after a fantastic day at the track!

It was a pleasure meeting you and your father! I look forward to seeing you guys next month! Hopefully for slicks only night; otherwise on August 19th for Import Wars #5!
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    BTW Tim's car was one wicked animal..... much respect to the 4g powerplant and whatever tranny he was using!!! 10.4 pass was awesome...
    good runing to all as well... overall a nice day of racing.. despite all the carnages!!!

Thanks Bee! The tranny is just a 99 case with a 99-spec 1st/2nd double synchro gears, Late 91-92 1st gen 3/4 single synchro gears, 1G hub/sliders, 4-spider center diff, stock front diff, etc. I rebuilt it about a month ago, and it has been doing pretty darn well so far!

I think if I change over to any other gearset, it would be doing a 3rd/4th Evo III double synchro set; but that costs around $1700 for the shafts, and entire assembly (1st through 4th) in parts to do.

You are right on the track carnage; there were several Oil/Coolant downs throughout the day that caused several long delays. The biggest breakdown was the domestic , but there were several imports that had their own issues.

I also heard that Prescott blew his motor on the last pass for Quick 8 -- That SUCKS! I hope that the Underdog is back up and running soon!

Either way, I cannot wait for the next race!
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

Lucks Got Nothin To Do With It
    Uhh knowing Pres the Udog may already be fixed LOL
    '91 Grand Am 2.3 H.O. m5
    11.98@114.59 happy gas

'02 Trans Am WS-6 m6
    12.84@109.34 pure stock
    2005 Summit Series Street Class Champ

Beeyond Engineering
    see you all at the next import wars.....

Udog broke in the burn out.
    Extremeparts civic
    11.17@123
    2006 import wars quick 8 runner up

BCM Cruiser
    Shit happens you cant have a fast car without breaking it atleast once or a dozen times.

Beeyond Engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by 91LSHatch View Post
    Shit happens you cant have a fast car without breaking it atleast once or a dozen times.

hey 91LSHatch, your car is pretty quick at 13.5@99mph...with LS/Vtec- 9:1 compression and basic bolt-ons...and beeyond tuning...
    it never broke dude..never broke!!! well only if mid 13s are fast..hehe!!!

don't worry we'll get you into the 11s even with your stock block

BCM Cruiser
    oh yes we will push this block to the limit. pretty simple setup+good tuning+good driving= good times and less major breakdowns unless its time and boom.lol