Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMRHEAD View Post
    Well I plan on still being there if Speed will give me my damn car back Can we do the dyno and not be in the show? If I don't get my car back soon I won't have an interior for the show
    Yes this FI hoopla seems to be all its cracked up to be, as u know how long it took me to get my stuff from OFI... ill never go back to spray again so far when is the projected date?
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

ProjectCamaro.com ProjectCamaro's Avatar
    Well I plan on still being there if Speed will give me my damn car back Can we do the dyno and not be in the show? If I don't get my car back soon I won't have an interior for the show
    Yeah, the show is going to be very laid back. Just come park your car in the lot and you can have it dyno'd.
    RedLS1.com
    Because You Can Never Modify To Many Camaro's

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Yes this FI hoopla seems to be all its cracked up to be, as u know how long it took me to get my stuff from OFI... ill never go back to spray again so far when is the projected date?
    The projected date was early April. As you know that came and went but I am hoping for mid July now. I never should have went this route! I should've just kept the car sprayed and bought a 03 -04 Cobra. It would have been cheaper and I would have had 2 cars! I still hope to be there though! How is the OFI kit going for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro View Post
    Yeah, the show is going to be very laid back. Just come park your car in the lot and you can have it dyno'd.
    Great! Sounds like a good time, thanks Chad.

6forwardgears
    Z28Roxy and I will definitely be there, can't wait

The projected date was early April. As you know that came and went but I am hoping for mid July now. I never should have went this route! I should've just kept the car sprayed and bought a 03 -04 Cobra. It would have been cheaper and I would have had 2 cars! I still hope to be there though! How is the OFI kit going for ya?
    To be quite honest? there is not a day goes by that i dont want to drive to ohio and throttle that guy...

Im pretty anal about the functionality of the car and the cooling issues im having is driving me nuts. This kit totali negates any of the factory cooling components so im having to redesign a whole cowling system etc... everything i do makes it better and stays cooler longer, but the slow speed diving she gets up around 200 and doesnt want to come down the easiest yet... So that tells me i have a air flow issue yet... I need to realize i now have the headers under hood, not under the car with a turbo thats hotter than the blazes sitting right behind the rad... its gonna be tough to cool.

The kit seems to be working OK now that little gremlins are setteling out and im working off a peak 7 psi right now just tyring to get a handle on how to tune it.

i havent been able to work on the tune yet as i have to worry about if im getting the thing hot at all when i beat on it... But really moves good so far.

If it's giving you that many problems I'll just take it off your hands.
    RedLS1.com

good to hear shes comin along good. any time for my car this weekend? lol other wise i can wait she seems to be holding up so far
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    good to hear shes comin along good. any time for my car this weekend? lol other wise i can wait she seems to be holding up so far
    lol yeah i have a line forming... got dans GTO in my driveway waiting for a clutch, yoosef getting a cam and gears and tune... and your clutch yet.

This weekend i gotta use to get my place cleaned up from the mess i made with my car.

So if you can hang ona bit yet that would be cool.

yea i think shes still good for a bit hasn't started slippin but hte pedal feels crappy so if it starts slippin i'll just leave it at home until i can bring it over

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    yea i think shes still good for a bit hasn't started slippin but hte pedal feels crappy so if it starts slippin i'll just leave it at home until i can bring it over
    I think I know why your clutch isn't doing so well...

Click here to see Video

Tom,
    Let me know when you plan on taking the car to the track. I'd be more than happy to bring the digital SLR camera and my camcorder to tape your runs for you.
    RedLS1.com

I think I know why your clutch isn't doing so well...

Click here to see Video

Tom,
    Let me know when you plan on taking the car to the track. I'd be more than happy to bring the digital SLR camera and my camcorder to tape your runs for you.

Ive got a Canon XL1 at work i can have you use as well, it records to mini DV's

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    To be quite honest? there is not a day goes by that i dont want to drive to ohio and throttle that guy...

Im pretty anal about the functionality of the car and the cooling issues im having is driving me nuts. This kit totali negates any of the factory cooling components so im having to redesign a whole cowling system etc... everything i do makes it better and stays cooler longer, but the slow speed diving she gets up around 200 and doesnt want to come down the easiest yet... So that tells me i have a air flow issue yet... I need to realize i now have the headers under hood, not under the car with a turbo thats hotter than the blazes sitting right behind the rad... its gonna be tough to cool.

The kit seems to be working OK now that little gremlins are setteling out and im working off a peak 7 psi right now just tyring to get a handle on how to tune it.

i havent been able to work on the tune yet as i have to worry about if im getting the thing hot at all when i beat on it... But really moves good so far.
    This FI shit sucks. I can't believe you are having issues too. I thought it would have been just my bad luck but it seems it happens a lot. My issue is boost creep right now and we have been testing it so much the car went through a set of MT drag radials and I need to buy another set ! This is getting way to expensive now. Already bought bogarts and 325's for racing now I need 275's again for tuning still! Not sure how high the creep is going though. The street tune target psi is 14 but the race is 24psi so it is getting dangerous. We'll see though. Anyone wanna buy a car???

This FI shit sucks. I can't believe you are having issues too. I thought it would have been just my bad luck but it seems it happens a lot. My issue is boost creep right now and we have been testing it so much the car went through a set of MT drag radials and I need to buy another set ! This is getting way to expensive now. Already bought bogarts and 325's for racing now I need 275's again for tuning still! Not sure how high the creep is going though. The street tune target psi is 14 but the race is 24psi so it is getting dangerous. We'll see though. Anyone wanna buy a car???
    They shouldn't have problems with your car. I mean they are charging you tons and they've done the turbo install tons. I don't understand why they don't have it down yet.
    RedLS1.com

My thoughts exactly! Even Larry can't figure out why. I knew I should have been happy with what I had

My thoughts exactly! Even Larry can't figure out why. I knew I should have been happy with what I had
    Yeah but a twin turbo build is hard to say no to.

What did the car have done before hand?
    RedLS1.com

yea yea i thought my clutch was going way back then and i haven't done anything about it lol the clutch got ordered a few days after i came back home.

Yeah but a twin turbo build is hard to say no to.

What did the car have done before hand?
    It was just a head and cammed set up with a forged LS6 in it with a 200 shot. Fast enough but wanted to not have to worry about filling up the bottle all the time. Plus I wanted to be more unique. Well, it's unique alright. It won't run right! Granted all the testing and refab work is on Speeds dime now but the summer will be over before I get my car

It was just a head and cammed set up with a forged LS6 in it with a 200 shot. Fast enough but wanted to not have to worry about filling up the bottle all the time. Plus I wanted to be more unique. Well, it's unique alright. It won't run right! Granted all the testing and refab work is on Speeds dime now but the summer will be over before I get my car
    You and me think the same lol

Ive gotta forged 347... 200 shot direct port last year... now wanted to go turbo since no bottles to fill and its diff

Yep we do! Do you ever think it would have been easier to just enjoy what you had too?