Gotta love GM Goodwrench at Holz Motors

Well to start off I bought a 2003 Imapla 4.3L from Holz Motors just this past December.
    Now before I bought this car they said the did a tune-up (plugs,wires,etc.)

Well ever since I bought the car I noticed the car would run rough and just a few weeks ago it got worse.

So I pulled the plugs, all six of them had corrosion, growth and the diodes were as thin as a pin. So basicaly trashed.

The plug wires, well they were trashed to.

That'll be the last time I buy a car from them if Im going to be lied to.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

tune up consists of just plugs on todays cars... but thats odd .. 4.3L in '03??

diodes are thin new.

Its a 3.4L and they are know for shit like that... intake gaskets anyone? is it eating coolant and fouling plugs?

Diodes? those are one way electrical check valves so to speak... You mean Electrode, the center pin in the middle of the porcelain just below the ground strap. And if they are platinums they will have a wire then electrode. Heavy desposits are usually oil or water or both.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 07-20-2007 at 07:34 AM.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

i love 3.4s.. thats what i have.. hehehee 60V6 baby!!

I put Tr-55's cause it says I can some where. But the car still runs rough, like theres a miss, but the Gas mileage is good.
    The plugs, they had cancer on them, you know how rust forms. I'll take some pics one of these days?
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

TR 55 are good plugs but I am willing to bet the plugs you pulled were iridiums and that why they looked thin at the electrode.

No sleep till Brooklyn Heat Seeker WS6's Avatar

Shouldn't have gone to Holz in the 1st place then- you know how bad the history w/ my car from there was. Sorry Josh but no pity on a 'common' used car & also should have taken it in when you 1st noticed it. Take it to them to fix and give them the plugs you pulled for them to help diagnose it.
    100-0 faster than your 0-60

Yeah dont pita me LOL!
    But that will be the last time I buy from there again... I hate getting dicked around at repair shops so I do it myself.

The old plugs were AC Delco made by NGK in JAPAN
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!