Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    veloracer

Thumbs up New VW Bug member

Whats up everyone.

I was told about this sight by Prescott so I decided to finally check it out. Signed up this morning and been browsing the sight for a while. Looks like I'll be visiting this board more often, however, I usually don't have much to say

Anyway, I'm a VW bug guy as well and currently I'm building a 2276cc powerplant with the help of Prescott, who better than the Quick8 Champ

Hoping to make it to GLD this year and get down the track a couple times, never dragged before, so that will be interesting.

I'll post some progress updates of the engine build as we get going on it, I'm still waiting for a mess of parts from DRD Racing Heads. Should have all the parts in about 3 weeks time. Should be a screaming combo (82 x 94), I'm hoping for some good power at the wheels. I'll know what I got when it get's dynoed. Anything near 140whp will be nice considering the car weighs only 1740lbs, it's an all steel, full bodied bug.

TonyG

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    why is this in the sightings section??? lol

anyway...Welcome!
    1968 Camaro 383

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    welcome aboard

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

veloracer
    Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    why is this in the sightings section??? lol

anyway...Welcome!
    I don't know, the description of this thread topic states "Post any potential new members here or just a bada$$ car you saw on the road today." So I thought it should go here.

Welcome to BCM......Great to have another fast Import here.

welcome!
    any pics of the car?
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

I hope you know what you're getting yourself into!
    Just be thankful the rep points are gone!
    "When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"
    2006 GLD Import Wars Quick8 Champion
    new best 10-15-06 11.35@112

veloracer

Talking

I do have some pics. The car is in stages of modications. I have a lot going on with it. New engine, new trans, new wheels and tires and suspension stuff.

veloracer
    Quote Originally Posted by Prescott View Post
    I hope you know what you're getting yourself into!
    Just be thankful the rep points are gone!
    I'm sure I don't, already been made fun of because I posted this in the "incorrect" thread -- lol

I use to care then she happend mike90lxII's Avatar
    Yeah when i first joined I posetd a car for sale in the wrond section with out enough post man I had negative rep until just recently and now no rep points
    I personally get more satisfaction out of outrunning a more powerful car and having everyone know that I just drove the car within an inch of it's life to win

What year is the bug? I'm working on getting a 69. if things go right, should have it in a month or so.
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    I didnt know asking why it was in the sightings section was making fun of you?

If you think thats making fun of you then your gonna cry when the other guys get ahold of you lol. Im one of the nice ones.
    1968 Camaro 383

veloracer
    Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    I didnt know asking why it was in the sightings section was making fun of you?

If you think thats making fun of you then your gonna cry when the other guys get ahold of you lol. Im one of the nice ones.
    Easy brotha, no thin skin here, was making jest of myself.

veloracer
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    What year is the bug? I'm working on getting a 69. if things go right, should have it in a month or so.
    it's a 73 with 67 tail lights, the big 70 bucket tail lights look stupid. All stock 69?

Thats a sweet bug, Velo!!!!

my dad may sell his 73 super beetle. the only "mod" it has is an msd box and distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by spooleliminator View Post
    my dad may sell his 73 super beetle. the only "mod" it has is an msd box and distributor.
    that might be one of the cleaner beetles i have seen in the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

Quote Originally Posted by veloracer View Post
    it's a 73 with 67 tail lights, the big 70 bucket tail lights look stupid. All stock 69?
    As far as i know its got a sunroof and aluminum wheels, kinda 'porshe' like style. Otherwise it appears stock what I can see. Its in a storage with no lights and has ben sitting like 10 years!
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442

veloracer
    Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    Thats a sweet bug, Velo!!!!
    thanks brotha

veloracer
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    As far as i know its got a sunroof and aluminum wheels, kinda 'porshe' like style. Otherwise it appears stock what I can see. Its in a storage with no lights and has ben sitting like 10 years!
    Factory sunroof? I had a 66 with a factory sunroof, crank arm, pretty cool. Snaps some pics next time. Porsche type wheels are cool.