Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I paid 40 bucks to have the valiant appraised...the guy gave me back 20 because he felt bad having to value it for less than the appraisal cost.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by PRO_SHOW_SS View Post
    call corvettte connection...see what he charges... the number is
    262-781-2166...ask for bob senior...there hours are 9-5
    Didn't someone else just have something bad to say about this place?
    WIP

A-Auto in Butler. Just across the street from NVR. Greg is the guys name, 414-466-9050. I think he gets $75 for an appraisal.

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

i guy i know does them as well i found out...he charges 75.00 if you come to him....if he has to come to you, which he will , he will charge more....give em a call..Bill.....617-3961..tell him Wayne sent ya...he did my monte when i had it......
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

Thanks to both of you on the suggestions. Wouldn't hurt to have it appraised by someone else
    WIP

In the past i used to have appraisals done and it was a hassle finding someone willing to do it for a reasonable price.
    The last three years I've been with "Hagerty", you state the value and provide a couple of pictures. I'm covered the whole year $30K value for $262. I believe the only restriction is the car can't be used for daily transportation. Grundy Worldwide is another company that does stated value with similair restrictions. I believe you can go to car shows, parades and on auto tours like the Power Tour but your not covered if you are racing.

I paid $38 bux for 6 months coverage, Hagerty wanted about $160. Plus I got to stay with the same ins. company as with my Lincoln.
    WIP

Quote Originally Posted by GRM-REPR View Post
    I paid $38 bux for 6 months coverage, Hagerty wanted about $160. Plus I got to stay with the same ins. company as with my Lincoln.
    If i could get $38 for six months that's what i'd do

300pny
    Quote Originally Posted by GRM-REPR View Post
    Just wondering how many of you have had your antique or classic appraised for value?

I insured mine as an antique thru State Farm, so I had to have it appraised. I was very impressed at what my Bird was valued at today!

It only cost me $38 to have it insured for 6 months, full coverage. If it is totalled, they will give you the appraised value or close to it. Why the fuk didn't I ever do this before. They say you can't put more than 2k on it within the insured period....

Just wondering what everyone else is doing...

For the record, I didn't know this, any car 25 years or older is considered an Antique....go figure.
    Its only worth what someone will pay for it today. There is only one way to find that out. Appraisals are completely inacurrate and a waist of time. The only way to truely know is to sell it.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    The reason for an appraisal isnt to sell it. Its for insurance purposes.
    1968 Camaro 383

300pny
    Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    The reason for an appraisal isnt to sell it. Its for insurance purposes.
    Correct..If you read the quote he was supprised what it was worth when that is not what it is worth.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    how do you know its not worth that. You just said its worth what someone will pay for it. How do you know someone wont pay more than what they appraised it at. All it is, is a ballpark figure.
    1968 Camaro 383

Quote Originally Posted by 300pny View Post
    Its only worth what someone will pay for it today. There is only one way to find that out. Appraisals are completely inacurrate and a waist of time. The only way to truely know is to sell it.
    The apprasial was necessary to have antique or classic car insurance coverage.

An apprasial gives the owner a good idea of what the car is worth. If you paid attention to any of my posts, you would've noticed that I was very impressed with what it was appraised for and I believe it could be accurate, give or take.

Other members disagree and believe it is probably worth more, and I asked for other places that do professional appraisals on classics and antiques.

I'm noticing a trend with all your posts, you tend not to read into anything and you just post whatever is on your mind without any critical thought...
    WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    how do you know its not worth that. You just said its worth what someone will pay for it. How do you know someone wont pay more than what they appraised it at. All it is, is a ballpark figure.
    Thank you....
    WIP

Valenti Classics (just off I94) by 7 Mile Fair, does them....
    1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build

Correct..If you read the quote he was supprised what it was worth when that is not what it is worth.
    You smelly twit, getting a vehicle appriased is for insurance purpose and also it gives a good "ballpark" idea of where a good starting/asking price would be when the time comes to sell the vehicle.

300pny
    Quote Originally Posted by NIX2000TA View Post
    You smelly twit, getting a vehicle appriased is for insurance purpose and also it gives a good "ballpark" idea of where a good starting/asking price would be when the time comes to sell the vehicle.
    Insurance yes as far as a good asking price most classics are not even close. "smelly twit" Yeeeesh Grow up

Insurance yes as far as a good asking price most classics are not even close. "smelly twit" Yeeeesh Grow up
    '

Damn smelly twit. Most classics aren't even close? Damn smelly twits around here.

I don't want to grow up I want to be a Toys R Us kid forever!!!

Also check what I said, I said BALLPARK idea of where to START AN ASKING PRICE. Key word here is start... Hmmmmmm

300pny
    Wait till mom and dad cut of your internet... There are many better sources than an appraisal for a ballpark. Appraisal will be alot futher off than simply researching what people are paying for them. With the exception of Insurance requiring one they are completely useless.

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

yes..lets all go by what the cars are selling on the barrett auction.....what a joke...
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK