Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by BadAzzGTA89 View Post
    New Tarus FTW they gonna be making a SHO i heard
    That's only if you like how the Five Hundred looks... Or you could get a Taurus X (AKA Freestyle)...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

the fushions are great cars, go for it. great gas mileage, nice options, all for a decent price. you can pick up a used one that carries the ford certification warranty (6 years, 75,000 mile powertrain warranty along with 5.9% financing) for a really good price.

the difference in the 4 and the 6 cylinder is so small that it isnt worth paying the extra money for the 6. the 4 cylinder runs strong, while being a little louder, the extra gas mileage is worth the extra noise! another thing to consider would be the redesigned Focus that is coming out soon. Ford did a nice job with the Focus and it will be a real nice car for a even nicer price. if you have any other questions let me know!

My lady has one and she loves it. It looks painstakingly similar to Joe's. She wanted the 5 speed car, so she got that and it's a fun car to drive. The upgraded sound system is great. Gets 33+MPG when cruising on the hiway.

No complaints thus far, other than I lightly bumped something and the rear bumper got all deformed...

P.S. In-pan oil filter FTL. Took it to Valvoline because I had a coupon and they had to run to the parts store to get a filter for it...

My guys out at FocusSport in Anaheim have a division called FSwerks that is dedicated to the Fusion. Their 2.3L turbo setup for the Fusion is definitely a mod to think of for anyone with a Fusion.

http://www.fswerks.com/

roush is also in developing mods for the fushions!

Quote Originally Posted by 4EYED View Post
    P.S. In-pan oil filter FTL. Took it to Valvoline because I had a coupon and they had to run to the parts store to get a filter for it...
    I agree with that 100% First oil change I was like WTF is this shit...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    another thing to consider would be the redesigned Focus that is coming out soon. Ford did a nice job with the Focus and it will be a real nice car for a even nicer price. if you have any other questions let me know!
    Salesman hard at work Just givin ya some crap.... The redesigned Focus is going to be a nice car, if we needed another driver we were thinking about getting one when it comes out...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero

02v6stangpwr
    No complaints thus far, other than I lightly bumped something and the rear bumper got all deformed...
    That's ok, I drove mine through a field and almost took out the front bumper

Oh yay, our cars would of been a balanced pair... If she'd of done that I'd of traded ya rear bumpers
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero

Quote Originally Posted by 01v6stangpwr View Post
    Salesman hard at work Just givin ya some crap.... The redesigned Focus is going to be a nice car, if we needed another driver we were thinking about getting one when it comes out...
    no it is a salesman bored at work

no it is a salesman bored at work
    Same difference??
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero

Senior Member..now yer posting! 73Dustr's Avatar
    the fushions are great cars, go for it. great gas mileage, nice options, all for a decent price. you can pick up a used one that carries the ford certification warranty (6 years, 75,000 mile powertrain warranty along with 5.9% financing) for a really good price.

the difference in the 4 and the 6 cylinder is so small that it isnt worth paying the extra money for the 6. the 4 cylinder runs strong, while being a little louder, the extra gas mileage is worth the extra noise! another thing to consider would be the redesigned Focus that is coming out soon. Ford did a nice job with the Focus and it will be a real nice car for a even nicer price. if you have any other questions let me know!
    Yeah, one tech I talked to complained that the 4s are louder. To me, that's not an issue at all. Driving downtown to school every day, I'd prefer the better gas mileage. As for the Focus, I think it'd be too small. I need a lot of room for hauling hunting gear and hockey gear. That's one thing I like about my Sable: lots of trunk space and the folding rear seat.

Quote Originally Posted by 73Dustr View Post
    That's one thing I like about my Sable: lots of trunk space and the folding rear seat.
    The Fusion def. has both of those. And I think the sales dude said the trunk was bigger than the Taurus.

Senior Member..now yer posting! 73Dustr's Avatar
    The Fusion def. has both of those. And I think the sales dude said the trunk was bigger than the Taurus.
    Yeah, I thought I read that too. The folding seats is a nice thing to have. I might go do some "window shopping" tonight. We'll see.

The trunk is bigger than the Taurus/Sable, plus there are no arms that go into the trunk limiting the space even more. Cabin space feels roomier to me than the Taurus/Sable.
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero

I think Joe and Christie have as many cars as Sam and Tina now.......But all the HP added on them all doesent equal the HP in the Turbo Car.

Sorry, thread jack over.

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    +1..............ha

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    I think Joe and Christie have as many cars as Sam and Tina now.......But all the HP added on them all doesent equal the HP in the Turbo Car.

Sorry, thread jack over.
    We collect cars... Why sell 'em when you can provide a nice home for 'em to spend all of their days...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero

Quote Originally Posted by 01v6stangpwr View Post
    The redesigned Focus is going to be a nice car, if we needed another driver we were thinking about getting one when it comes out...
    The exterior of the new Focus is a bit too bland for Focus enthusiasts (yes, we exist). The interior is definitely nice, it has a Microsoft developed interface to your ipod and phone (it will even speak out your text messages you receive).

Power is released through only 2 motors, which in reality is only one, the 2.0L Duratec and 2.0L Duratec-E (low emissions). This isn't a real problem since there are more power adders out there for the Duratec than you could probably imagine.

We had one out in Cali last week and it drove fine, but it certainly is not the European Focus we had all hoped for.

Wait, they're already out??
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero