6-Stroke Engine Design

http://www.sixstroke.com/

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=467

"His addition to the ICE design is simple in principle, yet a stroke of genius. After the exhaust cycles out of the chamber, rather than squirting more fuel and air into the chamber, his design injects ordinary water. Inside the extremely hot chamber, the water immediately turns to steam– expanding to 1600 times its volume– which forces the piston down for a second power stroke. Another exhaust cycle pushes the steam out of the chamber, and then the six-stroke cycle begins again."

Excel Data
    http://www.sixstroke.com/downloads/theoryxl.zip
    Online Drag Racing -------Reaction Time Tester!
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    just more shit that will break in the engine
    1968 Camaro 383

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    wow i must say that is quite interesting if you read and watch the vids

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

What a mechanical asshole, I think we perfected a few diff types of internal combustion engines and didnt venture down these roads for a reason. IMHO the jet engine and wankel engine is the outer limits of the I.C.E. The 2-stroke would be next on my list, followed by the diesel.

Diesel fuel injection systems is something i cant read enough about, its really neat stuff! The jet engines are basic a pinwheel anda blow torch but i think they trump the diesel distributor pump for complexity of fuel systems
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    isn't water hitting extremely hot metal bad for it? warpage possible? If this were actually made in a car for daily use, I wonder how long such an engine might last?
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare View Post
    isn't water hitting extremely hot metal bad for it? warpage possible? If this were actually made in a car for daily use, I wonder how long such an engine might last?
    It is for a diesel if it makes it that far, it instantly turns to steam and can cause pitting or cracking, if it goes long enough it wil burn off the end of the injectors or glow plugs if indirect injected.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.