Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10 bolt update

i dont have the juice hooked up but i dont care.

how does an auto LT1 car completley joggle out the rear end? Im still confused cuz my 10 bolt lasted a while with the right precautions on slicks, 6 speed and 400rwhp....

REBUILD THE MF'ER
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

heres what i'm thinking when i bought the car the dealer got it from an auction. so i'm thinking someone blew the rear end the dealer bought it for dirt cheap and rebuilt the 10 bolt. cause when i first got the car i had all the fluids changed. thats when we saw it was new. after slols1 tore it apart he found the pinion bearing was destroyed. i looked at it and saw it said timken on it so that just proves it was replaced. i think someone messed up on the rebuild.

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlegal View Post
    i dont have the juice hooked up but i dont care.
    I can pull three plug wires so i'm running on 5 cylinders. then it's 275hp v.s 275hp.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

dude timken's come in thos stock. Thats the 10 bolts achiles heel is the crush sleeve, thats why all the pinion seal leak is from movment or ultimatley blow up.

Just get a gear set and bearing set anda SOLID CRSUH SLEEVE and put it together. Your not gonna find a cheap whole 10 bolt.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    dude timken's come in thos stock. Thats the 10 bolts achiles heel is the crush sleeve, thats why all the pinion seal leak is from movment or ultimatley blow up.

Just get a gear set and bearing set anda SOLID CRSUH SLEEVE and put it together. Your not gonna find a cheap whole 10 bolt.

i wasnt sure if those came in it stock or not but... it was definatly rebuilt right before he got it. it had fresh paint on the ring&pinion, and fresh silicone on the cover. also if you look at the wear pattern on the pinion you'll notice that it was definatly walking around in there! the diff. pin had a nice grove worn into it as well.

and i already put another 10bolt in his car so he should be set for awhile... unless he decides to put some sticky mickeys on it
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

i didnt know timken came in there stock. i figured it was from autozone cause thats the brand they carry. oh well the new 10 bolt is in and i'm very happy with it.

zlegal u told me u had a new ls1 rear in. whats up u blow that 1 to? and from what i hear u got called out against a stock 93 T/A b careful who u b/s it will catch up2 u.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESPACECAR View Post
    zlegal u told me u had a new ls1 rear in. whats up u blow that 1 to? and from what i hear u got called out against a stock 93 T/A b careful who u b/s it will catch up2 u.
    be careful who he bs's... a 10 bolt is a 10bolt... lt1 or ls1.... style well the '99 and ^ style 10bolt has a slightly better carrier.
    Last edited by sloLs1; 04-04-2007 at 12:41 PM.
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

i'm sorry that car is stock, i dont care if he says he's got port work, a stall, a very small cam. he is lieing. that car didnt run a 13.5 stock!!! he is also runninig stock exhaust with all those mods?? exhaust is the first thing you should do? i believe it had stock manifolds too. what good is all that port work going to to do with stock manifolds?

i'm sorry that car is stock, i dont care if he says he's got port work, a stall, a very small cam. he is lieing. that car didnt run a 13.5 stock!!! he is also runninig stock exhaust with all those mods?? exhaust is the first thing you should do? i believe it had stock manifolds too. what good is all that port work going to to do with stock manifolds?
    if you say that it is stock, then why are you afraid to race him, I mean your car is running 13.1 according to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

my car is not running 13.1!!!!! and the owner of that car says it is not stock. i have nothing to prove to that car. plus i dont like racing people who make up excuses why they lost. he saw me beat stkmach and kept saying it was a fluke and it wont happen again.

so yea your right my car is slow. 13.1 is slow!!!!!
    I believe in this here post you are saying that your car can do a 13.1. So what is it, can it or cant it do a 13.1?

no loudrsls1 is slow thats his track time when we went down there. i was directing that towards him as a joke.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-04-2007 at 04:29 PM.

My car is SLOW I confess!!!!

WOW that was easy. LOL
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

little advice if you race anyone with a mustang get the race on video so that way they cant make up excuses a year later lol.

Meh.. I just let it go.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

why? i know people saw me beat that car and i know who they are but they say i didnt. i will let it go he is getting rid of that car anyways and now i'm going to spray so he would just get owned.

j/k!
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-07-2007 at 03:22 AM.

oh a win is a win, however I doubt if kenny had traction he would of lost.....it is funny how your story changes about that 13.1.

oh and when you lose against me, what will be your excuse?

what the hell are you talking about neuwave. you can ask loudrsls1 thats is his track time how am i changing my story. i wont lose and your excuse will be that i'm spraying so shut the hell up!