gettin headers for my 95 Z how cheap can i do this?

well i picked up a free set of pacesetter long tube headers and have quite a deal on install, so being the cheap butt like i am im tryin to save some cash. would it be cheaper to have him fab me up a y pipe and maybe some dumps or should i just buy the pacesetter y pipe and run it in with my stock exhaust? i know i need some good gaskets and lockings bolts. any other tips/info ill need before i get ready to have them put on?
    2007 brilliant black Chrysler 300C SRT8

well i think the best/correct way to do it would be to purchase the pacesetter y-pipe and connect it to your cat-back. but if you can get one made that would be cool too!

it will be really loud with dumps off the headers!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

No sleep till Brooklyn Heat Seeker WS6's Avatar

Unless he gave you the super phat homey discount, it'll probably be cheaper to just buy the Y-pipe and use the money saved otherwise to ditch the stock exhaust.
    100-0 faster than your 0-60

super phat homey hahah not that much, but decent i think. yeah im gonna probably just get a pacesetter y and hook it into my stock exhaust until i can come up with the extra for my magnaflow. anyone have an idea how long it should take for a header swap with a lift and all the right tools. he said about 4-5 hours.
    2007 brilliant black Chrysler 300C SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by 946speedz View Post
    super phat homey hahah not that much, but decent i think. yeah im gonna probably just get a pacesetter y and hook it into my stock exhaust until i can come up with the extra for my magnaflow. anyone have an idea how long it should take for a header swap with a lift and all the right tools. he said about 4-5 hours.
    Me and a friend of mine, who is a mechanic with a lift and tools thought it would take only 4-5 hours. It ended up taking more like 8. There just isn't alot of room to work with, especially when trying to bolt the headers to the heads, it gets real frustrating! You will get it though.
    Cammed, bolt ons and a lot of suspension. 360/350