Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MARO-MAN

How many Third Gen guys here?

My name is Nick I own a beat up '87 305 TPI Iroc-z. Just wanted to see how many local guys/gals have a Third Gen. What you have done to them and what your plans are for them. -Nick.

My name is Nathan I have an 1987 Trans am GTA 350 TPI and WS6 Suspension

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    My name is Dan. I've owned a Red '88 Camaro Hardtop, V6 auto, an Blue '89 Trans Am WS6 T-Top, cammed 305 TPI w/ a T5 swap and 4th Gen wing, seats and console, and a Red '88 Trans Am WS6 T-Top w/ a 305 to 357 TPI swap.

Dad has a Blue '86 IROC Hardtop 305TPI, swapping in an LT1 that i'm trying to avoid getting involved w/ the swap, but it's not working. Just can't get away from those thirdgens.
    Last edited by Poncho; 03-02-2007 at 06:09 PM.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Asteroids Champion Karts Champion penji04's Avatar

I'm Eric i have a 91 camaro convertible z-28 305tpi, and i plan on selling it once summer comes Mods include Intake, exhaust, posi rear and leather interior from a 2000 camaro ss and some other little stuff here and there.
    2007 Cobalt SS Stage II
    2007 Toyota 4runner

Well i am BadAzzGTA89 i have a 89 GTA L98 WS6 with mods done
    Go to 3rd gen fest i will be going agin this year!
    http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic372_2.gif

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    'nother 3rd genner here. I've got an 85 TA. My list of what I haven't done is probably shorter then whats done. lol

As for the future, only priority this year is new wheels. Hopefully Vegas is good to me in May. I need to get my hood repainted this year too I think.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

MARO-MAN
    I have talked to you before and never seen your web page, I just looked at it, nice car. What does the car run now in quarter mile if you can say.

I have an '88 IROC,but it is only in a project stage(seems to have been in that stage for a couple of years now,lol).
    Hopefully will see a motor and paint this year.

Becky

1967 Camaro RS/SS
    1986 IROC

MARO-MAN
    I like the white.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MARO-MAN View Post
    I have talked to you before and never seen your web page, I just looked at it, nice car. What does the car run now in quarter mile if you can say.
    I have not had this combo at the track yet. I'll definetly be making some runs this spring though.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I drive an 82 Trans Am MSE; stock LG4 motor with bolt ons. Nothing serious will get done with it until after college.

My Mother drives a 90 Formula with a ZZ4 and a few supporting mods. No real plans for this one, as it's a daily driver.

And my Dad has a 91 GTA, mainly stock, just a catback. No real plans for this one. He'll upgrade something if it breaks. It won Best Stock Firebird at the Thirdgen Nationals last year.

You should check out Thirdgen fest in late May.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/third-gen-fest-07/
    Online Drag Racing -------Reaction Time Tester!
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm12sec View Post
    I drive an 82 Trans Am MSE; stock LG4 motor with bolt ons. Nothing serious will get done with it until after college.

My Mother drives a 90 Formula with a ZZ4 and a few supporting mods. No real plans for this one, as it's a daily driver.

And my Dad has a 91 GTA, mainly stock, just a catback. No real plans for this one. He'll upgrade something if it breaks. It won Best Stock Firebird at the Thirdgen Nationals last year.

You should check out Thirdgen fest in late May.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/third-gen-fest-07/
    I think i had second then lol!

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    I have an 89 RS that is resting in the garage until I decide to get her back on the road.

America... **** YEAH! Knyghtmare's Avatar
    *raises hand*
    -Tyler

Don't drink and Post!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAzzGTA89
    I just hope you don't want a Knyghtmare in your street dreams
    1991 Camaro, LS1 Powered -- 2000 Silverado 1500

I'm here too. Allthough do I really count anymore? My car only saw the roads 3 times in 06'...

1991 Z/28
    \m/(>.<)\m/
    2006 Impala

America... **** YEAH! Knyghtmare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scales View Post
    I'm here too. Allthough do I really count anymore? My car only saw the roads 3 times in 06'...
    Haha. I'm there with ya, Mike.
    -Tyler

Don't drink and Post!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAzzGTA89
    I just hope you don't want a Knyghtmare in your street dreams
    1991 Camaro, LS1 Powered -- 2000 Silverado 1500

Im Kevin and I have an 87 IrocZ Z28 with the 350 TPI and a T56. And lots of other mods. Still working on the tuning so I can get some decent times out of it.

For Any one that is interested in Thirdgen Fest. As Brian can tell you the friday night party down there sucks and isn't worth driving down and staying in a hotel over night for. So this year I will be having a BBQ at my place on Friday night before the fest, and letting people camp out in my yard. Then head down as one big group on Sat morning. I dont have all the details worked out yet but I will start a post once I do.
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

Sounds good but i don't camp in a tent i will hhok a hitch up and puller a camper trailer

87SSMonte
    86 Iroc-Z, replaced to a 350.....700r4 w/kit ...runs good but keeps chuckin starters

I have owned 3 different 3rd gen Camaros in my day, my first car ever was an 84 Camaro, with a 2.5ltr 4 cyl. It had a manual 4-speed though! My 2nd camaro was a White 25th anniversary Z28 w/a 5.7 right after H.S. cuz I had an awesome job for the time & could afford it. Sold it and now I have yet another 25th anniversary Z 10 yrs later and am realizing its a neverending money pit. Hopin to get it into the high 12's this spring. We'll see though. Its got a cam, Mini-ram intake (I still need to install), TF heads, 4.10gears, built 700R4 and other stuff. 44,XXX original miles on it, but it keeps climbin! I'll be sellin my SLP Twin runners soon, if someone may be interested i'll post it at the time that its available.
    -Mike (from West Allis)