Breecher_7

Heads and Cam have arrived!

Just thought id throw it out there. My new heads and cam have arrived today for my truck. Still waiting for my new intake!!!!!!!

for the '05 dodge in your sig??? or do you have a different truck???
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yeah...curious to know what's up? This for the Hemi? Who's cam did you get? What intake are you going with?

Good luck...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Good to hear.

Hemi's taste like chicken.
    05 Duramax Diesel

WWW.TURBODMAX.COM

11.8@118+

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    Hemi's taste like chicken.
    Hey bobo...how's that truck of yours running again?

1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Breecher_7
    Yes this is for the Hemi ram. The heads are 6.1L ported and polished heads with manley severe duty pro flow valves (2.02"/1.57"), Manley valve springs with titanium retainers. The cam is a production 6.1L Hemi cam from the SRT8 Vehicles. I also have the SRT8 intake on order.....only god knows when it will be here. This combo on the 5.7 has seen around 435-440hp. Best of all, sounds totally stock! Debating on weather or not i will actually put aftermarket exhaust on it or not.....

435-440hp thats some good numbers.. i say spray it with a 100more.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Quote Originally Posted by BlueZ114 View Post
    435-440hp thats some good numbers.. i say spray it with a 100more.

'95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    why go with a stock cam?
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

Breecher_7
    There are not that many options out there, plus I want to keep the low end power. Comp makes a couple cams for it that im aware of but everything ive seen boosted power in the upper RPM and killed the bottom end. I dont want to loose anything, just gain nice numbers all around.... This is my daily driver, just wanted more pep but reliably

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Supercharge it now!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

what do you think it'll run in the quarter now? I'd guess somewhere about the mid to high 14's but thats just a guess

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    There are not that many options out there, plus I want to keep the low end power. Comp makes a couple cams for it that im aware of but everything ive seen boosted power in the upper RPM and killed the bottom end. I dont want to loose anything, just gain nice numbers all around.... This is my daily driver, just wanted more pep but reliably
    Actually, only the comp 273/277 cam significantly hindered low-end torque. The smallest (260) cam showed no losses in low-rpm, and extended the rpm range...

I'd probably lean toward the 268 comp cam...gives the best of all world and is a fairly "supercharger friendly" cam should you want to go that route in the future.

And then, of course, killing low-end torque isn't too much of a problem anyways...because as with any smart cam decisicion, one should also make a good torque converter decision....and going with a higher stall like 2200-2500 with that cam and those heads would really wake that truck. Combine that with 4.56 gears and that'd be a killer NA truck.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Breecher_7
    As far as the quarter goes, i wouldnt know.... I dont race it.... Id imagine it would go pretty good.

Probably gonna do the swap this upcoming weekend.....