Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar

Finally I am building a PC

Well the time finally came I decided to build a decent PC. Im well involved with halo 2 and go to alot of MLG's and record alot of my gameplay and the laptop is no longer cutting it. I need a comp that can capture the video clear and clean and not lag and freeze when i edit. I decided to build a decent pc for around 800 bucks. This is what I came up with and ordered, I figured it was a decent setup to start with and left alot of room to upgrade in the future. Plus if you have good credit and build a pc over 500 Newegg.com will give you credit and not make you pay for 6 months. Sweet deal for anyone who needs new stuff. Ill post pics on wednesday or thursday when im done building it : )

-RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply

-AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.2GHz Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3700CFBOX -

-Western Digital Raptor WD360ADFD 36.7GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

-Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

-DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

-LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with 12X DVD-RAM write and LightScribe Technology Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model LH-20A1H-185

-BFG Tech BFGR78256GTOC GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI

-OCZ Performance Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

confused..but sounds cool...lol
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

1quickgtp
    personally, core 2 duo will run circles around that AMD processor

not to bash it or you, but its a peice of shit.

it also costs double.........
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

The reason I went with the amd is my buddy has had real good luck with it. It overclocks really well and still runs hella stable. Alot of the stuff I went with is a tad out of date but most of the parts I got were on sale so I got alot of it for a really good deal. This summer I plan to upgrade alot so im not too worried about it
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

I have the AMD Dual Core 3800+ 64 bit (for like a year now). It's plenty of power for me. Stable... rarely even reboot.

It's really not fair to compare a CPU that was recently released, not to mention half the price...

Duo Cores do rock though... But Intel had them, AMD was #1.
    Its the cat and mouse game they play.
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Sounds like a nice rig! I say go for it.

I would opt for a single 1gb stick or a 2x1gb kit if you can afford a lil more. Also take a look at some of the EVGA cards. They have byfar the best customer service and replacement plan. Plus a trade in program.
    Last edited by GTSLOW; 02-05-2007 at 02:00 PM.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

1quickgtp
    I could build a core 2 duo rig for anyone, for super cheap ( cheap than that amd one that he just built ) an it be cheaper and run circles....

but I guess that just me, im a fan of intel VS AMd, can you tell

sorry if you take taht being rude, asshole or whatever

oh well

so uh...who wants to build me a PC?!??
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

Quote Originally Posted by T3/T4eclipse View Post
    -BFG Tech BFGR78256GTOC GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI
    All that...and a PCI card
    Don't they make that in PCI-E ?
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Senior Member..now yer posting! JR HAWK 9's Avatar
    I just built a few AMD X2 systems for a few people.....turned out great! I agree though, from what I have been reading the new Intel Core 2 Duo's are beating up on the AMD X2's. I have been building AMD systems for 10 years now without a problem. Although I may be building an Intel system shortly, thanks to the Core 2 Duo

Quote Originally Posted by FoRmuLa_DiVa View Post
    so uh...who wants to build me a PC?!??
    PM me if you are actually serious...lol

Also I would recomend saving a few more pennies and getting the 74gb Raptor w/ the 16mb cach. I have that same 36gb now and I thought I wouldn't have a problem, but games nowdays are several gigs and it fills fast!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quickgtp View Post
    I could build a core 2 duo rig for anyone, for super cheap ( cheap than that amd one that he just built ) an it be cheaper and run circles....
    I have the Core 2 Duo with 3 gigs of Ram and it runs Vista like a champ!

I have seen a few pics on here of peoples custom pc setups. We should start a thread up and show off some cool pc stuff, here is a pic of a custom pc I saw on a site that i ordered a few fans from, I think it turned out sick

cuttin' chips
    I have seen a few pics on here of peoples custom pc setups. We should start a thread up and show off some cool pc stuff, here is a pic of a custom pc I saw on a site that i ordered a few fans from, I think it turned out sick

jesus...im waiting to see intercooler piping and methanol injection..didnt know computers could look like that
    91 Notch - where to begin

1quickgtp

pointless lcd sceen in the case, watercooling hoses are to big, alumi vs copper block, dust will get on that hard drive disk..I can keep going

cool none the less, but not practical by ANY means!

as I stated before in other threads, I work at milwaukee pc, im cutting deals for ppl on BCM, which means im building an selling systems and parts AT COST!!! to help out!!!

I work at milwaukee pc, im cutting deals for ppl on BCM, which means im building an selling systems and parts AT COST!!!
    just out of curiosity, would there be a big difference in price between two -identical- systems, one built by you at MPC for cost of parts and one built by me from parts from Newegg?

pointless lcd sceen in the case, watercooling hoses are to big, alumi vs copper block, dust will get on that hard drive disk..I can keep going

cool none the less, but not practical by ANY means!

as I stated before in other threads, I work at milwaukee pc, im cutting deals for ppl on BCM, which means im building an selling systems and parts AT COST!!! to help out!!!
    True true...but still cool...anywho what water cooling kit would you go with??

Quote Originally Posted by JR HAWK 9 View Post
    just out of curiosity, would there be a big difference in price between two -identical- systems, one built by you at MPC for cost of parts and one built by me from parts from Newegg?