Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone there?

Anyone there?

So whats new with those who have Montes/Cutlass or other g-bodies? And Impala's too since that is the forum name .

Nothing new here , I've been slackin'. Just started to putz on the LS which my plan is to re-do the oil pan gasket, mini starter, new oil pressure sender and some other little odds and ends by spring.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

BCM Cruiser
    working on my hurst olds, the monte carlo and grand national need work but i have not find time to work on them plus to busy buying more cars
    1984 Hurst olds
    403/200r4
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    350/5 speed
    1985 Grand National
    stock someday a 86-87 gn engine swap
    1998 Regal GS

GN is still in apart, maybe this summer I'll get it back together......

Picking up another 87 Regal Limited this weekend with a ton of extra parts, might be a Race Car or maybe just turn it, anybody looking for parts?.......
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

The shell of my 86 442 is at work waiting to become one with the earth
    I do have the seats out of it if anyone needs some maroon buckets, driver one is power.

I have started working on my 64 here and there. Got the headers cleaned up and painted. Started cleaning off the frame in the engine bay to throw some paint on. If I can decide which trans to put in , it and the engine will be going in soon. Then it's time to start buying interior parts (seat covers door panels etc.)
    Here she is from when we got her in Colorado, and no it won't be sporting the 14" slots when it hiits the road
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

I forget, that 442 wasn't t-toped correct? If so I would be interested in some chrome roof trim possibly.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Nope it was a solid roof. Didn't pay much attn to the trim, if you want I can check it out when I go back to work monday.

On another note since th eweathers been nice I've been driving the wagon, but the donut gasket crapped out so I figure what the heck, I'll try changing it out. Hit the bolts with PB blaster, and this morning all three came right out
    I love southern cars, truthfully I don't think I even needed the PB blaster.

Haven't gotten it together yet since I think I am going to gut the cat. It's got one of the old style BIG ones with a plug in the bottom. If I get this plug out with the crap from inside come out?
    Never played with one of these before.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Which starter are you going with Paul? Mine is getting heat soaked pretty bad.

The starter for the LS will be the one which was on the SS after it got its 383. When the 383 was having balancing issues we played with the flywheel weights and well, one flew off breaking the nose off that starter . So once its fixed it will go on the LS.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

TPI Maliblu
    I'm putting a 5 speed in the Malibu. PB, that driveshaft worked great, right up until I installed another automatic that only had reverse. Now I just need a transmission...again.

Glad you made some use out of it, my parents were sick of looking at it, .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Well, I actually haven't seen the Olds in about 2 months (parked in a friends garage). I have big plans for it...but I don't know when they're gonna happen!

Borchardt's SUCKS

1984 Hurst/Olds A4 W/ Lightning Rods '73 350 Rocket
    1993 Z28 M6 Mostly Stock, a couple of bolt ons
    2004 Silverado Regency (modded from the factory) Now with a Tom Tune!

View pics of my ride here

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 84hurst View Post
    Well, I actually haven't seen the Olds in about 2 months (parked in a friends garage). I have big plans for it...but I don't know when they're gonna happen!
    I've seen a Hurst like yours at Georgie Porgies quite a few times. Is that yours or another one? I've always liked the Olds G bodies.

Theres a few H/O's in the area I've seen, although not a ton it seems to be a fair amount of 84's I've noticed.

As for my starter, I believe its an application for an Astro van with the V-8...IIRC. I also think I purchased both of mine from Florida through some Turbo Regal vendor...if that helps .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Ebay is littered with the starters like Paul has:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/START...69781621QQrdZ1

Just find an auction with the correct bolt pattern for your flexplate. We've bought 3 or 4 of these already (not specifically from this seller), and they all work great. Major bang for the buck.

I'm around. Bigger motor for the Monte, threw some better parts in the tranny, full MSD setup going in, major wiring clean up, front end rebuild, yadda yadda.. in other words, I better get back in the garage and get to work!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

Quote Originally Posted by SSScottSS View Post
    I've seen a Hurst like yours at Georgie Porgies quite a few times. Is that yours or another one? I've always liked the Olds G bodies.
    Yup, that's mine. The one in desperate need of paint, right? My friend has one too but I don't think he had it up at Georgies this past year at all though. I actually didn't drive it that much last year. I think I put less that 500 mi. on it all season. She just isn't as reliable as I'd like her to be.

Borchardt's SUCKS

1984 Hurst/Olds A4 W/ Lightning Rods '73 350 Rocket
    1993 Z28 M6 Mostly Stock, a couple of bolt ons
    2004 Silverado Regency (modded from the factory) Now with a Tom Tune!

View pics of my ride here

IF YOU ARE PARTING OUT A 84 CUTLASS i NEED A LEFT SIDE A PILLAR.

badgrandntl

Gn

I am going to be putting C5 front brakes on my GN and need to fix the front end where I hit a deer before I put it away. I hate deer!!

TPI Maliblu
    Quote Originally Posted by badgrandntl View Post
    I am going to be putting C5 front brakes on my GN and need to fix the front end where I hit a deer before I put it away. I hate deer!!
    Whoa! How do you do that?!?
    And while I'm at it, what's the deal with S10 rear wheel cylinders on G/A bodies?

Using stock spindles with an old rotor as a hub plus a bracket of some sort...or using ZQ8 spindles...time to read up on the 13" brake swaps, I plan to convert my SS from the 12" b-body brakes to 13" "Vette" brakes as well.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

TPI Maliblu

Zq8?

What is different about the S10 spindles? I thought they were an exact duplicate of G-body spindles? Maybe a slightly different tie rod mount?

I need to start poking around the junk yard more...