Beeyond Engineering

Nitrous w/ Blower

Just curious how V8's hold up to Nitrous w/ a blower. Noticed a good number uses 2 power adders. With even good/proper tuning, do melt-downs occur more often w/ n2o? I'm thinking about nitrousing or going with a bigger turbo...

hopefully you guys don't mind me asking....eventhough the setups are of two different worlds...

good luck to all in 07
    Personal Best FWD Street-Trim: 9.66@158+mph

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Depends on a lot of things...like which "V8" youre using and how the motor is set-up...lol.

I think the question needs to be more specific.

junk mx6 no rly
    yeah which v8 kind of like someone saying i want to run 12's the cheapest way possible, which vehicle should i go with youll get alot of answers inless you say what vehicle and motor you have.

well it is in the "mustang" section.... but i geuss that doesnt mean much....
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

Beeyond Engineering
    mustang v8... that's why i am in here... hehe

what do you guys usually tear up...

rings/pistons/????? yes even with conservative tuning!!!!

Hey, I just saw this in here, had to knock the dust off this forum... lol

With the stock 5 litre blocks '87-'93, rods, pistons, cranks are not the weak links... The actual blocks are the first to give under power.
    At about 550-600fwhp the crank tries to come out of the block through the 2 bolt main caps and the block usually cracks before any of the internals fail.
    I have had a few motors give up this way over the years. (Adding RPM's 6500+ and/or detonation will speed the process... lol)
    With that in mind, even the old base line Vortech S- trim superchargers can easily end your fun with moderate boost, let alone adding nitrous...

Even those with aftermarket blocks (I.E. Dart, Ford A4, etc.) with larger street blowers(Vortech YSI) or a turbo(74mm and up) by themselves can easily make 1000hp on 18+ psi without 'needing' an intercooler, methanol, or nitrous.
    These newer blower and turbos are VERY streetable, ramp up EXTREMELY fast and can put you in the 8's.
    Last edited by HRSEPLA; 12-26-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Beeyond Engineering
    thx for the info...