Thoughts/Opinions Durango 5.9

So as you may have seen in the other thread, I bought a 99 Durango with the 5.9 in it in the beginning of November.
    So far I have the intake and throttle body on.
    I have the Gibson cat-back and Superchips Programmer in my possession.

With that "setup" is it going to be worth it to do the 91 octane performance setting? or should I just leave it as 87 octane performance?

Also, anyone wanna help me put the exhaust on?? I always screw stuff up when I work with exhaust. I have access to a garage with a kerosene heater and I can have beer present and cold. Garage is in Greenfield.

Thanks,
    Jer
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Nevermind, got it on by myself tonite. Just stuck with the 87 Octane setting for now and it feels like a completely different truck. Thanks to bgcntry for suggesting the parts!!
    02 TLR

got pics of the exhaust mounted?
    Last edited by Yooformula; 12-13-2006 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula
    got pics of the exhaust mounted?
    I'll get some tomorrow when it's light out.

Here: http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/suprajer/
    Last edited by RanJer; 12-13-2006 at 10:15 PM.
    02 TLR

Nice!!!!!!
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd personally stick with the 87 setting...I know others who've gone up, and report that it really feels stronger, but I'm not sure that worth the small premium in fuel cost.

I'd be tempted to have the intake manifold moddified (a day will come when you'll have to do the manifold gasket) for shorter larger runners (hughes engines does a nice job using the stock beer-barrel manifold), and long tube headers to help the gibson exhaust (don't know what's out there for 4wd's) and call it a day. If I was really ambitious, there are some nice cam upgrades and some 1.7 roller rockers that'd help wake that thing up too.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Chris I have seen an increase in mpg by switching to 89 over 87 octane and ended up saving money by doing so.

jer, i run the 87 octane setting with 89 octane and it runs a lot better and gets slightly better milage

Quote Originally Posted by lasttimearound
    jer, i run the 87 octane setting with 89 octane and it runs a lot better and gets slightly better milage
    Is that you Adam??
    02 TLR