new truck owner here

no more f body for a while. any one know where i can get a suspention lift for my 99 s10 4x4. looking for a 3 inch

Senior Member..now yer posting! Asteroids Champion Karts Champion penji04's Avatar

s10, Why? lol just messing with ya, what size tires are you going to run? Of-set rims or stock? Haulng/offroading /just for looks? Just curious as to what you want to do with the truck because you have alot of options.

Rex Kramer - Thrill Seeker

S-10? Do what I'm doing, clean mine up and sell it for a full size. But seriously, go here for some cool stuff for S-10's click here Been there quite abit and these guys know what they are doing, very technical.

What happened to the Camaro?
    '73 Datsun 240GNZ (Buick Grand National engine)
    '98 Superhawk 996 V-Twin
    '02 S-10 Crew Cab
    Superhawk Chopper (Build in progress)

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    If you only want 3" just get a body lift.

a body lift will give an s-10 bad body roll.its wierd that 3 in will make a difference like that. They also give you that horrible bumper gap or if you raise the bumper the reciever hangs low. They also show alot of frame rail and to me looks kinda dorkish. i would suggest getting a 4in suspension lift on your truck it will actually be about 3.5in.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

spun a bearing in the lower end. mainly for looks need this thing to last a while. rims im looking at are the american eagle 058 or 186 i think

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    body lift is crap. anyone who buys one should be slapped. They expose more of your frame rails, they give you that demented gap with your bumper, and they can weaken body mounting points by lifting all that weight higher off the frame. just go suspension. better look, better results, longer lasting, better for resale if you ever took that route.
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

Senior Member..now yer posting! Asteroids Champion Karts Champion penji04's Avatar

Id do coil spacers(front) and an add-a-leaf(rear) that can get you around 2.5-3" and is pretty cheap. Do some searches and im sure you can find some and try to pick up all aluminum spacers if you can because they hold up better. You will most likley have to extend the rear brake lines also.
    2007 Cobalt SS Stage II
    2007 Toyota 4runner

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I've been overuled! lol
    I know lots of guys who love the PA 2" & 3" BL on their ZR-2's. Same goes for non-ZR-2's..
    http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283420

Anyway...when buying rims...you gotta make sure you have the right backspacing. Otherwise you'll be doing a lot of trimming. You should be able to fit 32's on a 4" inch sus. lift....depending on the rim backspacing. Might need to do a little trimming though. 32's on a 3" more than likely wont fit. 31's might even be tight. And dont get too crazy on the rim backspacing...unless you like changing ball joints every 3 months.
    Also...be careful when picking out a lift package. Alot of the smaller (2-4ish inches) lift packages out there for the S-10 are crap. The only time you really get your moneys worth is when you go a full 5-6". And alot of time the cheap sus. lifts will ride like **** too. Just do some research before buying....

start here: http://www.s10forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134
    Last edited by Lash; 11-26-2006 at 12:08 PM.

On a chevy i find nothing wrong with a small body lift but id go max 2" It just keeps the truck looking nice. You could also go extended shackels in the rear but id do the add-a-leaf, you can haul more but expect a harsher ride with whatever you install. Like lash said search the forums to see what others have done then find out what works best for you. I specalize in tacomas not s-10's so i cant get to specific.
    2007 Cobalt SS Stage II
    2007 Toyota 4runner

thanks il do some home work

any free mods for the vortec v6

not really...lol.