a couple pics from my weekend

So i hav been going hunting up in Kiel for the past four weekends, me and a buddy hav seen tons of deer, every weekend we have a blast even though we hadnt gotten anything, well this weekend was my weekend i got my first deer ever and it was a yearling doe, it was soo cool. im going back up this weekend to hope to pull out a buck.
    mind you they are kind of graphic

my buddy scott showing me how to gut it lol
    Last edited by t_a_crazy121; 10-26-2006 at 03:00 PM.
    1989 firebird formula

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Wow...thats a little doe....lol.

Just curious, why a yearling? just for the sake of killing somthing?

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_Gtp
    Could be in an earn-a-buck zone like I am. You are required to shoot an antlerless deer before you can shoot a buck. Pretty much have to shoot the first baldie that walks out because if you try and wait for a bigger doe, you might regret it.

Here's one by muddy shot last weekend and the coyotes found it first...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DirtyMax; 10-26-2006 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4EYED
    Could be in an earn-a-buck zone like I am. You are required to shoot an antlerless deer before you can shoot a buck. Pretty much have to shoot the first baldie that walks out because if you try and wait for a bigger doe, you might regret it.

Ahhh ok. I don't hunt so I don't know how that works.

It's the DNR's way of "herd reduction". Most people (myself included) are at the point where they'd prefer to only shoot mature bucks. Because of this, all these does and fawns get a free pass and more fawns are bred from the does that walk. Then we have 47,000 deer-car crashes a year in WI alone and the DNR takes the heat and the hunters have to bail them out.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Why didn't you field dress the deer? It just doesn't look like you did it where it lay, I've just always gutted them on the spot...mostly precaution...
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjburn
    Why didn't you field dress the deer? It just doesn't look like you did it where it lay, I've just always gutted them on the spot...mostly precaution...
    I was gonna ask the same thing.. who guts their deer in the garage???, LOL. I also noticed it wasn't tagged before it was moved which is a huge no-no.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    x3...but I wasnt gonna say anything..lol.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    eh i always tag it and drag it to the cabin then hang it up and gut it while its hanging. put the wheel barrow under it catchs the guts and dump them in the woods.
    but man my dog is bigger than that doe.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    yah its a small deer but let the guy have his fun. Gotta start somewhere.
    1968 Camaro 383

SNATCH A KISS ORVICEVERSA Junky Giorgio's Avatar
    your a sick fcuk
    TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675 TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by murdoc158 View Post
    Thanks to YellowWagon for the pics and JunkGSX for the ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamZ
    Junk maybe gone, but Tony is Junky Giorgio forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by domokun View Post
    junk, your junking my thread.

1quickgtp
    wow, your going to get like one or 2 steaks out of that!

Quote Originally Posted by 1quickgtp
    wow, your going to get like one or 2 steaks out of that!
    They will melt in your mouth though!

I've been checking out the fields up north... I can t believe the 100's of deer out there. Rarely saw anything over 100 lbs.

Alot of small deer this year.
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

well it was my first deer and i have already missed one at 30 yards soo i was just soo pumped to get the shot at 18, and yeah movin it b4 taggin it was probably a bad move but, we rarely get DNR where we hunt not that that justifies it, and we gutted it right in the door of the pole barn cuz it was raining and when the deer ran it ran rite into the boyscout camp cause we hunt right along the edge of it, soo when we got the permission to get the deer out they told us they would prefer if we gutted it on our land just soo they wouldnt get a ton of coyotes in the area , but hey i got my first deer and yes the meat is awesome even though it is small (we got like 50lbs of meat out of it), soo this weekend its back up north to try and get the buck that we know is in the area, but havent seen him yet lol
    1989 firebird formula

Senior Member..now yer posting! 73Dustr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_Gtp
    It isn't always easy to determine how big it is if it's by itself in the woods. If you haven't shot one before, that probably makes judging the size even harder. I agree with Korn, you have to start somewhere. Congrats on your first deer. At least the DNR will be happy, in their eyes, a deer is a deer. I read that they want every hunter in EAB or Herd Reduction Zones to take two anterless for every buck harvested.

Quote Originally Posted by 73Dustr
    It isn't always easy to determine how big it is if it's by itself in the woods. If you haven't shot one before, that probably makes judging the size even harder. I agree with Korn, you have to start somewhere. Congrats on your first deer. At least the DNR will be happy, in their eyes, a deer is a deer. I read that they want every hunter in EAB or Herd Reduction Zones to take two anterless for every buck harvested.
    thanx for the support, and as for EAB and herd reduction zones, im glad to know that im in the only regular unit in the state (im pretty sure)
    1989 firebird formula